Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 6, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #11,596 of 36,078
  Hey Guys,

Since moving from the AK240 + JH Audio Roxanne combo to the ZX2 + Roxanne I've noticed that everything I loved about the Roxanne with the AK240 is now potentially too much of a good thing with the ZX2 i.e. I thought the AK240's dynamics and pace were the perfect foil for the Roxanne's extremely organic and musical mid-range and bass. With the ZX2 I feel my self feeling as if the mid-range with the Roxanne is a touch too lush, thereby taking away a bit of the sense of timing and dynamics that's so important with relatively complex and layered EDM. Further to this I also feel the high frequency extension on the Roxanne's is again just a touch too rolled off. 

As luck would have it I have an opportunity to purchase a pair Noble K10 Universals. I'm considering doing that and want to ask the K10 + ZX2 users out there a few questions:

1) Aside from the discharge hiss you hear when you start the unit is there any hiss when using the K10's with the ZX2?
2) Has anyone out there gone from the Roxanne's to the K10 with the ZX2 - if so what was your experience?
3) Are there any EDM fans out there who listen to my genre's with the K10 + ZX2. If so what's your experience been?

What I'm really after is a little bit more sparkle up top with out stepping into trebble that's bright or etched while retaining a full bodied presentation through the mid-range and appropriate separation and impact through the bass. LOL. Not really asking for much! :) 

Cheers,
GS

Hi Guys - Any ZX2 + Noble K10 owners out there notice any hiss aside from the usual discharge hiss upon start-up when using the K10's?

Jun 6, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #11,598 of 36,078
  send me your ZX2 and I'll test it :)

I approve of this idea, I will take a AK380, Hugo combo. The only difference is I wont return them.
wink_face.gif

Jun 6, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #11,599 of 36,078

This is why I don't like trying to talk about what I heard when it comes to bass response etc etc. I suck as describing it. I could swear the 4 had deeper bass over the Savant.

It's also worth noting that deeper bass does not equal more bass.

John, does the Savant have a noticeable bass rolloff in the subbass area?
Also, unrelated, any insight on how the availability of the Savant Uni will look over the coming months? Will it be hard to find for the first month, or should there be adequate stock?

Jun 6, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #11,602 of 36,078
It's also worth noting that deeper bass does not equal more bass.

John, does the Savant have a noticeable bass rolloff in the subbass area?
Also, unrelated, any insight on how the availability of the Savant Uni will look over the coming months? Will it be hard to find for the first month, or should there be adequate stock?

Regarding the bass roll off, the bass roll off is less aparent than the n4

As far as availability it depends on our dealers response, which has been strong. Those wanting a savant asap should contact our thai dealership as they have some currently in stock.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 7, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #11,603 of 36,078
  Have been playing with the BTS a bunch and felt I should post on a question that came up earlier. 

Using the BTS to feed my K10's I don't notice the drop off in bass that was posted about here by a fellow Head-Fier a while ago. For a wireless setup I'm happy with the level of low-end on the K10's fed by the BTS. For example on REM's "9-9" from Murmur the bass notes in the into come across very well. 

Has anyone else had any issues with bass over the BTS? Wonder if that was a issue with the one person's unit or their equipment chain? 

Cheers

I think I lost a little bass fullness as well.  However, the main reason to use the BTS is convenience.  When I'm in situations where convenience is the highest priority, the environment is not exactly conducive to critical listening and needing to hear every little nuance in the music.  I'm more than satisfied with the product....except that voice that talks to me telling me the device is on or turning off.  I want to slap the voice :p

Would the source's blue tooth capabilities be the biggest factor?  I've had phones that were much more effective than others.

As I have 2 other BT receivers as mentioned before that offer the exact same capabilities as the BTS, and I've tested all 3 of them with the same relatively new phone and laptop, the difference is very apparent so much so I can say it's night and day, so no I don't think it's the effectiveness of the sources and their Bluetooth capabilities, which point to the BT receiver itself instead, which in this case is only the BTS out of the three. And do check again, the loss in bass is not only me. I happen to be the only one who voice this out is all, and I happen to have 2 other similar BT receivers afterall that I can compare side-by-side.

Then again, keep in mind that BTS is most probably tuned using Noble IEMs so will probably be most compatible when paired with Noble IEMs, IMO.

Jun 7, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #11,605 of 36,078
My experience of N4 is that there is a brutal honesty to it's low end. Bass response is very track specific. If the track has bass, you get well defined but measured bass.

That would be precisely my assessment too.
So based on what's been said on the last couple of pages (& in Sorensiim's review), seems the Savant is lushly mid-centric with a bass somewhere between the N4 and the K10 (which seemed like iem perfection when I was lucky enough to try for a couple of hours when on demo here in the UK)... Like a S***e 535 with body & that can actually deliver bass perhaps? I'd be into that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back