Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 30, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #10,186 of 36,096
Stunning. I couldn't even guess, but I am curious.

I was stumped too.

Nope.

I can tell you guys one thing though... it looks way better in person.

biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #10,190 of 36,096
Apr 30, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #10,191 of 36,096
You killed a rare micro zebra?

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #10,193 of 36,096
  You killed a rare micro zebra?

That was a long time ago m'kay?  I was young... impressionable... and I needed the money.  Don't judge me!  
frown.gif

But no, that's not what this is.

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #10,194 of 36,096
I was stumped too.

Nope.

I can tell you guys one thing though... it looks way better in person.

:D

Congrats!!!! They look AMAZING!

AND ×200 for space tiger zebra

May 1, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #10,198 of 36,096
Some sort of fabric that is painted over? Carbon fiber? :D

Anyhow great job. Can't figure out how you guys nailed it.

May 1, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #10,199 of 36,096
Hey guys,

Have the lacquer on any of your K10U's cracked?

I recently bought a K10U with a bit of a cracked paint/lacquer (still completely safe and usable as the paint does not peel), as it was the one and only Canjam red K10U, and i figured cracked or not, it is a rare piece of Noble history and is worth buying.

I understood that the warranty is non transferable, and was willing to pay a small sum to have it repaired. But as it turns out, brennan indicated it is likely to cost a few hundred dollars and that the cracked lacquer is most likely due to user error, and this is the part that ticked me off (i might be wrong and thus completely embarrass myself here.).

My question, how is it possible that cracked paint/lacquer is due to user error? Using the balance of probabilities,  it is much more likely that the lacquer was not applied properly (not dried properly before applying the next layer etc) or your lacquer was of such inferior quality that mere sweat and body oil can crack it.

Anyone here with a cracked lacquer? The red one is from Oct2014 Canjam. Its likely that any problems will be from K10U's purchased around that date.

Jon

May 1, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #10,200 of 36,096
  Hey guys,

Have the lacquer on any of your K10U's cracked?

I recently bought a K10U with a bit of a cracked paint/lacquer (still completely usable as the paint does not peel), as it was the one and only Canjam red K10U, and i figured cracked or not, it is a rare piece of Noble history and is worth buying.

I understood that the warranty is non transferable, and was willing to pay a small sum to have it repaired. But as it turns out, brennan indicated it is likely to cost a few hundred dollars and that cracked lacquer is most likely due to user error, and this is the part that ticked me off (i might be wrong and thus completely embarrass myself here.).

My question, how is it possible that cracked paint/lacquer is due to user error? Either the lacquer was not applied properly (not dried properly before applying the next layer etc) or your lacquer was of such inferior quality that mere sweat and body oil can crack it.

Anyone here with a cracked lacquer? The red one is from Oct2014 Canjam. Its likely that any problems will be from K10U's purchased around that date.

Jon

I figure he means the only way to actually crack the lacquer is to drop the IEMs or forcefully hit them on something ... so user error. Presumably the lacquer wouldn't crack under normal circumstances and, as you suggested, "mere sweat and body oil" wouldn't be able to crack it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back