Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 5, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #8,866 of 36,051

Yeah, I agree that my K10 seems a bit loose fitting; it's certainly easier to slide in and out as compared to my other CIEMs. However, the stem is about 25-30% longer, and this somehow contributes to a better seal.

Probably should have sent them in for a refit, but was too excited to let them go!  Anyway, they're very comfortable when I sit up and listen, but when I recline, my ear canal changes somewhat and they become a little more loose.  Don't know if Noble will refit after the 30 day window?

Mar 5, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #8,868 of 36,051
Probably should have sent them in for a refit, but was too excited to let them go!  Anyway, they're very comfortable when I sit up and listen, but when I recline, my ear canal changes somewhat and they become a little more loose.  Don't know if Noble will refit after the 30 day window?

Yeah, for a cost perhaps? I'm also considering sending my K10 in for reshelling (if able to). The cable connector on the right monitor is very loose. If I hold just the wire, the IEM will eventually slip right off after about 5-10s. I'm so afraid that it might fall off one day if I'm not too careful.

Mar 5, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #8,869 of 36,051
  I use either my Noble 4S or my SE-5 for exercise... The silicone fit is a safer bet for my ears tbh

If I had your range of CIEMs, it wouldn't really matter which CIEM I'd use for exercise :p

Mar 5, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #8,870 of 36,051

Yeah, I agree that my K10 seems a bit loose fitting; it's certainly easier to slide in and out as compared to my other CIEMs. However, the stem is about 25-30% longer, and this somehow contributes to a better seal.

Interesting, the stem on the K10u is quite short in comparison to my Roxys; I personally could use about 2-3 more mm for enhanced fit/feel. 

Mar 5, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #8,871 of 36,051

Interesting, the stem on the K10u is quite short in comparison to my Roxys; I personally could use about 2-3 more mm for enhanced fit/feel. 

Yeah, I know what you mean. In my case, the K10's stem is slightly longer than my Roxanne's. It was a bit jarring at first, as the stem reached quite deep into my ears (slightly past the 2nd bend). However, after a few days of using them for a couple of hours each, I have grown accustomed to the deeper/better seal.

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #8,873 of 36,051
I wonder if it is possible to specify that a longer bore would be prefered?

Given they are "universal" I'd would have expected the bore to be a standard length across the board.  Being able to specify or choose between (S,M,L) bore length would be a nice option.   

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #8,874 of 36,051
Given they are "universal" I'd would have expected the bore to be a standard length across the board.  Being able to specify or choose between (S,M,L) bore length would be a nice option.   

My bad. I thought we were discussing the CIEM. Doh!
My question still stands re ordering CIEM though.

Mar 6, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #8,878 of 36,051

Yeah, for a cost perhaps? I'm also considering sending my K10 in for reshelling (if able to). The cable connector on the right monitor is very loose. If I hold just the wire, the IEM will eventually slip right off after about 5-10s. I'm so afraid that it might fall off one day if I'm not too careful.

this is not cool, i've never owned a pair of CIEMS and am looking at the K10 for my first, but im worried about this.  It looks like something that would happen to all CIEMs given they all have basically the same 2 prong connector inserts.  How long have you had them? If you have to shell out bucks every year to have them reshelled becuase of this i'm having second thoughts.

Mar 6, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #8,879 of 36,051
this is not cool, i've never owned a pair of CIEMS and am looking at the K10 for my first, but im worried about this.  It looks like something that would happen to all CIEMs given they all have basically the same 2 prong connector inserts.  How long have you had them? If you have to shell out bucks every year to have them reshelled becuase of this i'm having second thoughts.

I have had 10 ciems over a number of years, including 4 made by the wizard and none have had this problem. And, no, you don't have to pay money each year. However, just as a side note, I will advise that changing cables on ciems is something that can easily damage the sockets, so that's something to avoid.

Enjoy your k10s!

Mar 6, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #8,880 of 36,051

Maybe make a special request for recessed sockets? That helps with less stress on the connectors and less likely of cables becoming loose.

1964ears have that as an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back