Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 6, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #8,883 of 36,097
The eagle has landed.  CNY, Severe weather, customs tax all be damned!  I have my K10s in my hands.  My wife wants me to come spend time with her....Geesh.  

1 fact- My W60s are up for sale the same day.  They are still remarkable and do excel in several areas that I will miss but I cannot wear universals it seems without ear pain.

1 Phrase- To quote my fellow southerners, 
"FUG-NAWSOME"

I will have more detailed, educated and thoughtful comments later but there it is...FUG NAWSOME.  Noble that is your new brand motto.  You can pay with me with a T-Shirt.  

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #8,884 of 36,097
Is there an official discussions/impressions thread for the K10?

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #8,885 of 36,097
Is there an official discussions/impressions thread for the K10?

There's a review thread. You can check out my recent K10 review. Cheers

Mar 6, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #8,886 of 36,097
Does anyone know if there have been some in-depth comparisons between the K10 and 4C? I'm considering the 4C as a sidekick to my K10s, but only if the differences are significant enough in the direction I'm looking for. (slightly leaner sound and less forward presentation of the mids)

Mar 7, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #8,887 of 36,097
Hi All, 

I don't have enough ear-time with my K10s to give a credible review yet.  I plan to get about a month under my belt before I chime in.

There is one thing that stands out strong right way that I feel i must share.  The K10's were my first custom IEM.   I watched videos and read countless threads about how to insert the IEMs.  Honestly, it sounded like a pain in the *****.  

Well after I spent 20 minutes admiring their beauty, I decided to try and pop them into my AK240-->Hugo setup.  They went in so easily that I was convinced they were inserted wrong.  I used 90% muscle memory that I had acquired from universals like SE535 LTD, SE846, W4R, W60 and etc... Basically felt the same.  I was so convinced that it was too easy that I got up from my office chair to go and look in the mirror. I was half way expecting to laugh at myself for having them inserted crazy.  Nope. They were just that easy to put in.  

Bottom line is that all these threads and videos mislead would be custom buyers. It seems like you have to hop on one foot, and insert the IEMs while playing twister.  After putting them in, it really is comical.  IT IS NO BIG DEAL.  Taking them out does require a twist but at least I know they won't fall out by accident.

Maybe I am the only on that went through this useless exercise.  

Final thought, It could be that the craftsman at Noble have fit development from molds down pat.  Maybe if I had purchased the custom Billie Jean or  Jessie's Girl I would have had the typical fit issues that requires thousands of posts and videos.

Thanks Noble!

Mar 7, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #8,890 of 36,097
Hi All, 

I don't have enough ear-time with my K10s to give a credible review yet.  I plan to get about a month under my belt before I chime in.

There is one thing that stands out strong right way that I feel i must share.  The K10's were my first custom IEM.   I watched videos and read countless threads about how to insert the IEMs.  Honestly, it sounded like a pain in the *****.  

Well after I spent 20 minutes admiring their beauty, I decided to try and pop them into my AK240-->Hugo setup.  They went in so easily that I was convinced they were inserted wrong.  I used 90% muscle memory that I had acquired from universals like SE535 LTD, SE846, W4R, W60 and etc... Basically felt the same.  I was so convinced that it was too easy that I got up from my office chair to go and look in the mirror. I was half way expecting to laugh at myself for having them inserted crazy.  Nope. They were just that easy to put in.  

Bottom line is that all these threads and videos mislead would be custom buyers. It seems like you have to hop on one foot, and insert the IEMs while playing twister.  After putting them in, it really is comical.  IT IS NO BIG DEAL.  Taking them out does require a twist but at least I know they won't fall out by accident.

Maybe I am the only on that went through this useless exercise.  

Final thought, It could be that the craftsman at Noble have fit development from molds down pat.  Maybe if I had purchased the custom Billie Jean or  Jessie's Girl I would have had the typical fit issues that requires thousands of posts and videos.

Thanks Noble!

Why wouldn't you want to play Twister? Great game. Especially nekid.
I've never had problems with insertion ( I am back to CIEM's you will be relieved to know.)
A good tip for removal is to lift with a finger underneath the body of the CIEM.
Pops straight out. ( At least it does for me.)
Enjoy your K10's.
My wait started yesterday.

Mar 7, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #8,891 of 36,097

this is not cool, i've never owned a pair of CIEMS and am looking at the K10 for my first, but im worried about this.  It looks like something that would happen to all CIEMs given they all have basically the same 2 prong connector inserts.  How long have you had them? If you have to shell out bucks every year to have them reshelled becuase of this i'm having second thoughts.

I've only had my K10 for about a month and a half. To be fair to Noble, everything else was done just the way I wanted. Thankfully, the sound doesn't cut off on the right monitor. The socket is just loose enough that handling them requires both hands. It's one of those minor things that come with bespoke, largely hand-assembled products, I suppose.

Mar 7, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #8,892 of 36,097

I've only had my K10 for about a month and a half. To be fair to Noble, everything else was done just the way I wanted. Thankfully, the sound doesn't cut off on the right monitor. The socket is just loose enough that handling them requires both hands. It's one of those minor things that come with bespoke, largely hand-assembled products, I suppose.

Good to hear what to look out for. 
That reminds me when I demo the universal at my dealer, they had the same problem where it dropped and crack. 
I probably won't be changing cables often, so hopefully that is the cause and will not simply happens over time.

Mar 7, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #8,893 of 36,097
After 10 days or so. Whenever I try or buy a new earphone I listen (usually very quickly) and skip between about 15 tracks which allow me to test the dynamic range and to try an eclectic mix of genres.
Usually, I skip and hardly listen. When I tried the K10U I listened to every track, beginning to end. I was lost.

I'm a little cynical about hyperbolic claims. But - they’re all true.

Mar 7, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #8,894 of 36,097
  After 10 days or so. Whenever I try or buy a new earphone I listen (usually very quickly) and skip between about 15 tracks which allow me to test the dynamic range and to try an eclectic mix of genres.
Usually, I skip and hardly listen. When I tried the K10U I listened to every track, beginning to end. I was lost.

I'm a little cynical about hyperbolic claims. But - they’re all true.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Mar 7, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #8,895 of 36,097

Sounds like a fault. Pure and simple. Get it fixed and it will probably never happen again. Nothing inherent I wouldn't have thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back