Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 4, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #8,851 of 36,097

CIEMs are perfect for running/jogging. While I recently started using our ultra-thin cable at the gym, I used to run all the time with the standard cable and I have no issues related to micro-phonics or weight.

Brah, its a little different because it's your company and you can just get another when you need it.  But I would never freaking workout with $1600 CIEMS ever, no matter what way they were situated; behind the shirt, over the ear, etc, doesn't matter. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #8,852 of 36,097
Brah, its a little different because it's your company and you can just get another when you need it.  But I would never freaking workout with $1600 CIEMS ever, no matter what way they were situated; behind the shirt, over the ear, etc, doesn't matter. 

You're right, it is a little different because I own a piece of the company, but we don't only sell $1600 CIEMs. Prices start at $450 and for people who are serious about running or working out and are tired of stuff falling out of their ears, that might be a small price to pay for a superior experience.

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #8,853 of 36,097

Some people are afraid to drive in the rain, some will drive under any conditions.  I use my K10s anyplace a reasonable listening environment presents itself. They are not made from egg shells and in my view,  meant to be used and used often.  Why spend $1600 and keep all that brilliance it a nicely sealed 3X5 box?   

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #8,854 of 36,097
2 things-

1. It is nice to know that the manufacturers intended use extends to vigorous exercise where sweat and moisture are present. Bravo!

2. I stand by by the fact I would not run "outdoors" in them. I can go for a run out my front door and never have to leave the sidewalk. One of the benefits of having my house near 1 college and one major university. That being said, people are out walking dogs, distracted drivers on the phone, and other hazards concern me more than breaking my IEMs. I want to hear my music but need to have situational awareness. If you run enough you have to be prepared to jump into the grass or dodge the car backing out of a driveway and etc... Stupid people do exist.

On a treadmill not so much. My only concern then would be the DAP falling off the treadmill when running at a good clip and dangling from the IEMs. Yes that does happen. For that reason, I don't run with my ak240 either LOL.

Cheers.and speaking of running. I need to make that happen tonight lol.

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #8,855 of 36,097

Some people are afraid to drive in the rain, some will drive under any conditions.  I use my K10s anyplace a reasonable listening environment presents itself. They are not made from egg shells and in my view,  meant to be used and used often.  Why spend $1600 and keep all that brilliance it a nicely sealed 3X5 box?   

^ this, your stuff serves you, not the other way around.

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #8,856 of 36,097
Not sure if the sweat is a good idea for the IEMs...at least in that amount. I would not do it. I have some cheap SE125LTDs and some chuckle green bose sports IEMs for that purpose.

The other thing is that if you run outdoors, you need to be aware of ambient noise: Siren, Car noise, car horn, barking dog and so forth. I imagine it might be the one circumstance where you don't want that much isolation.

YMMV.

Agreed

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Mar 4, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #8,857 of 36,097

Meh, keep the weights off of your head, you should be fine.
wink_face.gif

Mar 4, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #8,858 of 36,097
2 things-

2. I stand by by the fact I would not run "outdoors" in them. I can go for a run out my front door and never have to leave the sidewalk. One of the benefits of having my house near 1 college and one major university. That being said, people are out walking dogs, distracted drivers on the phone, and other hazards concern me more than breaking my IEMs. I want to hear my music but need to have situational awareness. If you run enough you have to be prepared to jump into the grass or dodge the car backing out of a driveway and etc...

Agreed, biking the streets of NYC blasting the Allman Brothers through my K10s is not a good idea and why I said reasonable listening environment.....my comments were directed at the post which seemed to be afraid of breaking CIEMs during a basic work out.

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #8,861 of 36,097
Question- Do any of you use oto-ease with the K10s? I bought a bottle when I contemplated the SCS sleeve for the sE846. It has been sitting in my drawer ever since.

Thanks!

I've tried it, because I use it for some custom silicone earplugs that I have.  My K10's are a tiny bit loose if anything so it doesn't provide any additional ease of insertion, though I did find that is adds a little seal to them when I have used it.  Good thing is that it leaves absolutely no residue of any kind on the acrylic.

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #8,862 of 36,097

Agree on couple of points here. First, people are different and will do different things (although I see a lot of people on head-fi out-right insults others for doing thing or hearing things differently). I love driving in the rain!

Secondly, I would certainly use my K10, with care, in any situation especially in the gym non-cardio day (with care part :)

Speaking of egg shell product... LCD-3! wow, I never have to care for a gear so much as this piece.

Mar 5, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #8,863 of 36,097

Agree on couple of points here. First, people are different and will do different things (although I see a lot of people on head-fi out-right insults others for doing thing or hearing things differently). I love driving in the rain!

Secondly, I would certainly use my K10, with care, in any situation especially in the gym non-cardio day (with care part :)

Speaking of egg shell product... LCD-3! wow, I never have to care for a gear so much as this piece.

Care to go into more detail on the LCD-3?

[edit] I realized all too late that my question does not contribute to the overall topic, my apologies.

Mar 5, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #8,865 of 36,097
I've tried it, because I use it for some custom silicone earplugs that I have.  My K10's are a tiny bit loose if anything so it doesn't provide any additional ease of insertion, though I did find that is adds a little seal to them when I have used it.  Good thing is that it leaves absolutely no residue of any kind on the acrylic.

Yeah, I agree that my K10 seems a bit loose fitting; it's certainly easier to slide in and out as compared to my other CIEMs. However, the stem is about 25-30% longer, and this somehow contributes to a better seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back