Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 28, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #6,946 of 36,042
  I just happened to get one of these new cables in the mail this week...

I've been pestering Noble about a skinny cable for quite a while. I wear my iems for long periods, so every bit of comfort counts. For that reason, I recently tried the Linum Bax cable. That one has a 1.5 ohm impedance and I found  it to alter the sound of the K10 in a way that just didn't sit quite right with me. I still haven't re-terminated the Skinny Noble(TM), but so far I hear no changes at all, compared to the stock cable. It's slightly stiffer than the Linum, but still very soft and flexible. I just wish it had angled connectors instead of that ¤&!&!!§ memory wire...

http://www.linum.dk/technology/

Linum cables are extremely light, thin and flexible. The stuff they say about affecting frequency response is rubbish. They also don't have the metal wire that goes around the ear which is good because that usually just ends up adding microphonics. I'm also concerned that silver cables like that eventually end up with a green tinge.

Nov 28, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #6,947 of 36,042

It's a festive time of year no doubt and to wrap things up this month, here's a set of carnivalesque Wizard-designed Kaiser 10.​
 ​
Blue, purple, amber, and gold dance together with crystal clear purple shells and hint of glitter to match.​
 ​
Our Black Friday event is set to go live in a few hours. If we don't see you there, we will see you right here next week!​
 ​
 ​

Damn!!! My eyes!!!! They're beautifully coloured.

Nov 28, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #6,948 of 36,042

http://www.linum.dk/technology/

Linum cables are extremely light, thin and flexible. The stuff they say about affecting frequency response is rubbish. They also don't have the metal wire that goes around the ear which is good because that usually just ends up adding microphonics. I'm also concerned that silver cables like that eventually end up with a green tinge.

Nope, it does affect the sound.

Source: I've tried several different Linum cables, including unrelased prototypes when I visited their HQ recently. The audible changes were also confirmed by Carit, their Global Product Manager, and Allan, the Sales Director and Co-owner of Linum. If you don't trust my ears, at least trust the word of the guys who make the cables.

I agree that the Linum Bax cable just KILLS anything else when it comes to ergonomics, but with the K10 and PB2, I prefer the Noble cables for their lower resistance. Others may like the change in tonality that comes with the Linum cables and others still might not even notice the changes - just have a look at the Linum thread. 

Nov 28, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #6,950 of 36,042

FYI, copper can end up "green". Silver tarnishes, ie: turns black.

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #6,955 of 36,042
Not at this time

I think it'll be nice to have one in the future. Memory wire and my ears don't go very well together. 
frown.gif

Nov 28, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #6,958 of 36,042
Memory wire is very easily removed..

I've tried it before on some of my wires, and I've had mixed results. While I agree that it can be removed, it would be nice to have an option for a memory wire-less cable. Something to hope for, I guess? 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back