Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 26, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #6,032 of 36,057

Thus far, there are only two Prestige CIEMs in the world.  One set owned by Jude, and the other owned by Brannan. Those sets are both made from "Wizard Wood" and both those sets are currently at a show in Japan.  (which makes providing non-professional photos shot via a phone pretty much non-feasable)

We have some ordered, and they are in the build process now. As more Prestige products are made, more pictures will be provided.

As far as what does the Prestige look like in Normal Ambient light.....

That is also determined by what type of material the Prestige is made from, IE  Solid Wood, (amboyna) Wizard Wood, Matrix, or Carbon Glass

Truth be known, all of the Prestige materials have had either CIEM or IEM face plates made from the available non-prestige CIEMs.

Examples:

Matrix

Matrix

Blue Carbon Glass

Red Carbon Glass

Amboyna

Wizard Wood

Wizard Wood

Wizard Wood

Amboyna

So essentially this is the situation....  

In the past, we have built a face plate out of a specific material (Wizard Wood, Matrix, Carbon Glass etc etc), with a "Prestige" we take that same face plate material, and carve out a entire CIEM  (shell & Face Plate) with the material.

If there are better looking earphones than these, I have not seen them. But taste is subjective, of course. Nevertheless, I recall a recent discourse on form and function; that to make truly great products in this day and age, form and function are one and the same. Dr Moulton, I hope you've invested the same level of attention to the engine as you did the aesthetics. Little wonder that there is still a buzz around the K10 a year and more on.

Oct 26, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #6,033 of 36,057

If there are better looking earphones than these, I have not seen them. But taste is subjective, of course. Nevertheless, I recall a recent discourse on form and function; that to make truly great products in this day and age, form and function are one and the same. Dr Moulton, I hope you've invested the same level of attention to the engine as you did the aesthetics. Little wonder that there is still a buzz around the K10 a year and more on.

The reviews have been for the most part, positive. The K10 is currently the "Highest Rated" CIEM on head fi. http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/custom-in-ear-monitors

I set out to offer a product that looks as good as it sounds and sounds as good as it looks.   I also wanted it to look worthy of the price that CIEMs have historically demanded, but yet were hard to justify the price by appearance alone.  

After all, you can't allow your "significant other" to audition your CIEMs and "share the quality."  The best you could do was show them a cloudy CIEM that looked like a wad of dried bubble gum, and at best had your initials carved into them. 

I wanted to offer something that would not be mistaken as a hearing aid, something a person could proudly place in their ears while on a plane, and have people stare in wonderment rather than puzzlement.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Oct 26, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #6,034 of 36,057
So how exactly does one tune a cable for a natural vinyl LP type sound? :cool:

Man I wish I knew. This guy is managing to pull all types of amazing sounds from just SPC copper, no silver, platinum, or mithril.

Oct 26, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #6,035 of 36,057
I'd recommend the Wagnus conversations go here :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/725058/wagnus-the-famous-japan-brand-has-their-cable-variant-from-ic-to-iem-cable-please-share-your-impression-and-appreciation-thread/20_20#post_10990676

Oct 26, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #6,037 of 36,057

Noble K10 Red Carbon Glass + DHC Symbiote SP V2 + AK240

My fav portable rig =D

Oct 26, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #6,038 of 36,057
Originally Posted by FullCircle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I set out to offer a product that looks as good as it sounds and sounds as good as it looks.

The K10 has been on my radar but I've never got around to test-driving it. If there's any truth to what you are saying, then it could well be an anticlimactic end to my search of the IEM grail! How boring would that be! Seriously though, that is a big statement to make; the Prestiges are gorgeous, I look forward the audition.

Oct 26, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #6,040 of 36,057
A couple weeks ago we posted photos of a particularly well-received Kaiser 10 featuring red Carbon Glass faceplates with metallic red shells to match.

Since this is Noble and we just wrapped in Tokyo, here's a set of Wizard-designed K10 with blue Carbon Glass faceplates!

The shells, kept simple and crisp, are a very deep translucent blue with teal engraving for the details.
 ​
 ​

Oct 26, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #6,042 of 36,057
  Spectacular as always!
I'm getting excited to see mine pop up on here soon... it's been 6 weeks now so I figure they're getting close
smily_headphones1.gif

What color/style did you purchase? 

Oct 26, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #6,043 of 36,057

I wanted to offer something that would not be mistaken as a hearing aid, something a person could proudly place in their ears while on a plane, and have people stare in wonderment rather than puzzlement.

That was a wonderful statement. .

Oct 26, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #6,044 of 36,057

What color/style did you purchase? 

It's Wizard, but I'm reluctant to say any more until Brannan and John have the pleasure of sharing it with us all. (I don't say that to suggest that mine will be any better than anyone else's, but I know how much I enjoy seeing each new design appear on this page so I don't want to spoil that surprise for anyone)

Oct 26, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #6,045 of 36,057

It's Wizard, but I'm reluctant to say any more until Brannan and John have the pleasure of sharing it with us all. (I don't say that to suggest that mine will be any better than anyone else's, but I know how much I enjoy seeing each new design appear on this page so I don't want to spoil that surprise for anyone)

Okay.  Thanks for the response, though. 
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back