Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 12, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #1,321 of 36,115
  Women in general don't seem very interested in technology (excepting cell phones).  My girlfriend would far prefer jewelry, shoes, purses and makeup.  Half of her opinion of earphones depends upon what they look like.  For me that's all well and good; I accept that the sexes think differently (far beyond socialization).  In the past women entering into male dominated hobbies have often resulted in negative changes to the hobby overall (i.e. Twilight being considered a horror book/film).

totally respect their own hobbies, and at the same time, i am kinda glad that they dont know too much than just how it looks, otherwise they would know how much i am paying for each iem/cm/headphone/cable and get even one way or another

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #1,322 of 36,115
Well, I've found it impossible to explain to any woman sound quality and the difference you get with better equipment. Even to women who have professional music education. They might use customs on stage but if you ask them how they sound in comparison to your gear or why did they choose this particular brand, they just say they like the fit and isolation. It's weird. Some of them state they hear some of what I'm describing them but don't think it's such big a difference. I think it might have something to do with how since the dawn of time males were mainly hunters and their hearing evolved more than the women's to make them able to hear everything and tell the difference between even the quietest noises or something.
Anyway, I think this thread got sidetracked quite a bit with all the gender and spousal discussions.

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #1,323 of 36,115
Well, I've found it impossible to explain to any woman sound quality and the difference you get with better equipment. Even to women who have professional music education. They might use customs on stage but if you ask them how they sound in comparison to your gear or why did they choose this particular brand, they just say they like the fit and isolation. It's weird. Some of them state they hear some of what I'm describing them but don't think it's such big a difference. I think it might have something to do with how since the dawn of time males were mainly hunters and their hearing evolved more than the women's to make them able to hear everything and tell the difference between even the quietest noises or something.
Anyway, I think this thread got sidetracked quite a bit with all the gender and spousal discussions.

Or they don't give a crap. My gf can hear most of what I describe just from a cursory listen but would rather not sit there and do so. The disconnect starts when I use words without exactly explaining what I mean. Words she's never heard before to describe sound and would rather just do something else than listen to an audio dictionary. Or when I try to make her care more than she would like.

To assume that men have some evolved state of being able to hear and describe sound is borderline ridiculous. It does a disservice to women trying to get into the hobby.

To get back on topic:

Looking forward hearing a Noble offering sometime soon.

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #1,325 of 36,115
I'm still hoping to see new edition of good old Tzar series. Soren doesn't sell Tzar 350 to me, so maybe Noble can remake them with even finer tuning
rolleyes.gif

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #1,327 of 36,115
  I'm still hoping to see new edition of good old Tzar series. Soren doesn't sell Tzar 350 to me, so maybe Noble can remake them with even finer tuning
rolleyes.gif

He better not sell them! Well, at least not before i have had the opportunity to listen to them again, and compare them to my N4. :p

I may not use them all the time, but the Tzar's won't be sold! When it comes to analysing the rest of the audio chain, they are indispensable, they cut through anything. Including your eardrums, if you feed them poor recordings and/or a bad source 
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #1,328 of 36,115

I may not use them all the time, but the Tzar's won't be sold! When it comes to analysing the rest of the audio chain, they are indispensable, they cut through anything. Including your eardrums, if you feed them poor recordings and/or a bad source 
wink.gif

*sigh* Okay, don't sell, I am sure(!) Dr. Moulton will come up with even better design than Tzar 350 while keeping the extreme levels of clarity and revealing nature
happy_face1.gif

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #1,329 of 36,115

*sigh* Okay, don't sell, I am sure(!) Dr. Moulton will come up with even better design than Tzar 350 while keeping the extreme levels of clarity and revealing nature
happy_face1.gif

I've been around these forums long enough to know that The Wizard always has something up his sleeve...

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #1,331 of 36,115
Actually there's strong scientific evidence women have a more refined/better sense of hearing than men (especially for higher pitched sounds).  They generally have a superior sense of smell as well.  The former doesn't seem to translate into greater interest in quality audio products.

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #1,332 of 36,115
Actually there's strong scientific evidence women have a more refined/better sense of hearing than men (especially for higher pitched sounds)... *snip*

Thats because they dont listen as much as we do to our headphones and IEMs.

We should get back on topic :)

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #1,334 of 36,115
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=575870142466927&set=pb.248175561903055.-2207520000.1389578123.&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ash4%2F1471914_575870142466927_129812912_n.jpg&size=928%2C614

They posted a picture on the facebook page of a pair of 8C with purple heart face plates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back