Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 11, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #1,306 of 36,135
  Well, if your better half is very understanding of your hobbies and doesn't have issues with how much money you spend then by all means tell her - otherwise my suggestion is to postpone it till your deathbed.

I married the right woman xD

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #1,307 of 36,135
This evening, my wife kept asking me if she could listen to the N4 again. I.. of course, very firmly declined since she wouldn't let me use/take along her handbag when I this afternoon went out to a bar to watch some silly sports game in the company with a few good friends and some hot female bartenders..

Seriously, the mid range/clarity of the N4 is really good. It's doesn't quite have the pin point accuracy/detail level that the Etymotic 4ER-S can come up with,  but then again the N4 offers more more in the lower bass and treble regions without loosing out on mid range presentation, just not as detailed or as forward/boosted in the upper mid range presentation as the ER4-S.  So is that what is presumed to be better balanced?
I don't know, sometimes I'm a bit confused what balance actually means and then I spend a few minutes on my wobbly board to retain my true, equilibrium balance.. I consider both the Ety 4ER-S and N4 to be quite neutral but in different ways and according my personal preferences + fit/comfort etc. I favor the N4. Although, I will still hang on to my Ety's as some sort of reference..

In near future I will let my wife try out the N6 and afterwards she can always buy another handbag at a higher pricetag.. I consider her to be a more objective source of information than me so I'm curious to learn from her experience and how she perceive the value since we share the expenses.. kind of..

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #1,308 of 36,135
  Seriously, the mid range/clarity of the N4 is really good. It's doesn't quite have the pin point accuracy/detail level that the Etymotic 4ER-S can come up with,  but then again the N4 offers more more in the lower bass and treble regions without loosing out on mid range presentation, just not as detailed or as forward/boosted in the upper mid range presentation as the ER4-S.  So is that what is presumed to be better balanced?

So far I've only heard one headphone that gave me the best of all the other headphones combined. Only downside is that they cost just about as much as all other headphones combined... 
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #1,313 of 36,135
  In near future I will let my wife try out the N6 and afterwards she can always buy another handbag at a higher pricetag.. I consider her to be a more objective source of information than me so I'm curious to learn from her experience and how she perceive the value since we share the expenses.. kind of..

Battle-of-the-sexes jokes aside, I would encourage you to encourage your wife to listen to your gear as much as she wishes. It will help her understand your enthusiasm for this hobby, and maybe even help her appreciate it to the extent that she, perhaps, feels like improving her portable audio gear a little. Even if it does end up with her 'permanently borrowing' your N4 or N6, she will at least understand when you buy a replacement for yourself. If she's beginning to show an interest, it seems like win-win to me, really.

Jan 12, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #1,314 of 36,135

Battle-of-the-sexes jokes aside, I would encourage you to encourage your wife to listen to your gear as much as she wishes. It will help her understand your enthusiasm for this hobby, and maybe even help her appreciate it to the extent that she, perhaps, feels like improving her portable audio gear a little. Even if it does end up with her 'permanently borrowing' your N4 or N6, she will at least understand when you buy a replacement for yourself. If she's beginning to show an interest, it seems like win-win to me, really.

it might work for the first time or two, then each time when you hear her say 'it sounds just the same as my earphone that came with the phone' then u start to give up

Jan 12, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #1,316 of 36,135
  it might work for the first time or two, then each time when you hear her say 'it sounds just the same as my earphone that came with the phone' then u start to give up

lol'd
happy_face1.gif
My girlfriend can hear the difference she still thinks there is no need to spend that much money on audio gear. Well I guess, she understands the sound but not the "hobby" term.

Jan 12, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #1,317 of 36,135
to be honest, i have never ever met a female headfi'er at all
they are too busy with their gel manicure, high tea session, girls night out, while at the same time, i am just sitting at home, listening to my rig and surfing the net

Jan 12, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #1,318 of 36,135
to be honest, i have never ever met a female headfi'er at all
they are too busy with their gel manicure, high tea session, girls night out, while at the same time, i am just sitting at home, listening to my rig and surfing the net

That sounds sad. Now I'm happy my wife and I just share a splitter with me on my CIEMs and her on her Yuin PK2

Jan 12, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #1,319 of 36,135
That sounds sad. Now I'm happy my wife and I just share a splitter with me on my CIEMs and her on her Yuin PK2

well, life aint easy, but i am glad she was happy with her bluetooth plantronic backbeat go 2 earphones, she prefers the wireless handsfree style
and for me, i am glad she didnt choose a pair of UM Mentor or roxanne or K10 for xmas

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #1,320 of 36,135
  well, life aint easy, but i am glad she was happy with her bluetooth plantronic backbeat go 2 earphones, she prefers the wireless handsfree style
and for me, i am glad she didnt choose a pair of UM Mentor or roxanne or K10 for xmas

Women in general don't seem very interested in technology (excepting cell phones).  My girlfriend would far prefer jewelry, shoes, purses and makeup.  Half of her opinion of earphones depends upon what they look like.  For me that's all well and good; I accept that the sexes think differently (far beyond socialization).  In the past women entering into male dominated hobbies have often resulted in negative changes to the hobby overall (i.e. Twilight being considered a horror book/film).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back