Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 11, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #1,293 of 36,135

Comparing the N4 to the N6 directly do you find the latter to be obviously superior with better dynamics?  How much sub bass are you getting for the extra dollars?

The increased bass level which I feel is very well implemented, no upper bass, or at least very little, that bleeds into the mid range.

I would say that I experience that the sub bass level to be increased by 4-6 DB, could be higher. It overall gives the N6 a slightly warmer sound presentation and the treble is a tad smoother but with similar extension as the N4. Sound stage is larger, particular in front/back so that as well helps to give a sense of better dynamics. 

To me the N4 offers a better value than the N6 but I'm also very biased by preferring a more neutral type of sound presentation. The type of music/genre makes a rather big difference as well.

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #1,294 of 36,135

You don't even need to go that far, just let her read the part about telling us you got laid.

She will never, ever read what I post on here.. She doesn't even know about this place, I think...but if I never post again then you will know what happened to me..  "Man in intensive care after being abused by a handbag"

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #1,295 of 36,135
  She will never, ever read what I post on here.. She doesn't even know about this place, I think...but if I never post again then you will know what happened to me..  "Man in intensive care after being abused by a handbag"

Don't be so sure. Women are very curious and like to check the browser's history and what we're doing online - I always clear everything. But anyway you're safe coz I doubt she'll beat you with that $450 handbag after she admitted she didn't tell you how much it costs.
And I honestly don't know what's the problem with women and how much we spend on tech and other stuff as they always spend a lot more. I've personally given up even asking how much the new shoes or handbag cost as I know the actual price is 3-4 times higher than the lie I'll be told.

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #1,296 of 36,135
  Don't be so sure. Women are very curious and like to check the browser's history and what we're doing online - I always clear everything. But anyway you're safe coz I doubt she'll beat you with that $450 handbag after she admitted she didn't tell you how much it costs.
And I honestly don't know what's the problem with women and how much we spend on tech and other stuff as they always spend a lot more. I've personally given up even asking how much the new shoes or handbag cost as I know the actual price is 3-4 times higher than the lie I'll be told.

You're absolutely right. She's not going to risk damaging her new handbag by pounding it on my stupid head.

I actually learn something new about women every day although it doesn't mean that I really understand it...

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #1,297 of 36,135
  You're absolutely right. She's not going to risk damaging her new handbag by pounding it on my stupid head.

I actually learn something new about women every day although it doesn't mean that I really understand it...

Just don't ask questions for their purchases (coz you can save this these questions for later when you need them) and act stupid or like a smartass when you're asked how much you spent on something. For instance, when I got my Noble 4 and received the usual question "Another headphones? How much did you spend?" I just answered "Less than what you spend on those packages I signed for last week. How much was it exactly?". Coz as much as they want to manage our finances they also try to avoid confrontations and to have to share how much they spend coz they know it's almost always more than us.
I have to admit though that being a lawyer, it comes naturally to me to use every question in my favor and to impute guilt, which nips the argument in the bud and voila - disaster averted.

Jan 11, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #1,299 of 36,135
If my wife knew that I also bought the N6 I would probably be able to describe the thump of a $450 handbag hitting my head repeatedly..

Ok ok, I appreciate the order, and I mean that, but gets some intervention before it is too late :D

And thanks again, I hope you enjoy them for a long while

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jan 11, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #1,300 of 36,135
  Just don't ask questions for their purchases (coz you can save this these questions for later when you need them) and act stupid or like a smartass when you're asked how much you spent on something. For instance, when I got my Noble 4 and received the usual question "Another headphones? How much did you spend?" I just answered "Less than what you spend on those packages I signed for last week. How much was it exactly?". Coz as much as they want to manage our finances they also try to avoid confrontations and to have to share how much they spend coz they know it's almost always more than us.
I have to admit though that being a lawyer, it comes naturally to me to use every question in my favor and to impute guilt, which nips the argument in the bud and voila - disaster averted.

I heard one quote recently:

"The audiophile's worst nightmare is that he dies and his wife sells all his audio gear for the price that he told her he paid for it!"

Jan 11, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #1,301 of 36,135
  I heard one quote recently:

"The audiophile's worst nightmare is that he dies and his wife sells all his audio gear for the price that he told her he paid for it!"

Its a good thing I tell my wife how much my stuff costs then...?

Jan 11, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #1,302 of 36,135

Its a good thing I tell my wife how much my stuff costs then...?

NO!! Just don't die before she does.
biggrin.gif
 But then you'll have to try and figure out how much her purses and shoes are really worth. Or you can give a full apology in your will and list all the actual costs in there too.

Jan 11, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #1,303 of 36,135
  NO!! Just don't die before she does.
biggrin.gif
 But then you'll have to try and figure out how much her purses and shoes are really worth. Or you can give a full apology in your will and list all the actual costs in there too.

I actually know how much most her stuff costs and some of my stuff is more expensive hahaha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back