Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 28, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #11,236 of 36,071
Lookin' good. On the Internet at least!
Now that the main instigator of Jokegate has admitted an error of judgment, could you now resume your thing?

Other powers were also involved, making me not want to do them again. This forum is kinda rated G, jokes have been deleted, so I rather not deal with what might or might not be allowed.

May 28, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #11,237 of 36,071
Sadly this happens with both Noble and aftermarket cables for myself as well so I'm leaning more towards the issue in the connection housing.  Let me know if you find a cable that works better.

Shucks. Are you thinking of having them reshelled? That was a consideration when I first noticed this problem, but I've since realised that other aftermarket cables are actually fine with the K10; sure, they aren't are tight as I'd hoped they'd be, but the problem seems to lie very much with the Black Widow itself.

Although I have a few cables in mind, I'm just deliberating on the cost, for now. They are after all, rather expensive. :wink:

Hope you get your issue fixed soon!

If you're cable swapping, you're the reason it's loose :p  Just sayin.

Nah. The pertinent socket was somewhat loose from day one. I've only used one other cable, the Black Widow, and they fit very badly with the right monitor. Subsequently, at meets, I've tried swapping cables, and these attempts actually resolve the fit issue. Thus, it's a combination of the less-than-tight socket and the Black Widow that causes the aforementioned problem.

Solution? Get a new cable. :ph34r:

May 28, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #11,238 of 36,071
Shucks. Are you thinking of having them reshelled? That was a consideration when I first noticed this problem, but I've since realised that other aftermarket cables are actually fine with the K10; sure, they aren't are tight as I'd hoped they'd be, but the problem seems to lie very much with the Black Widow itself.

Although I have a few cables in mind, I'm just deliberating on the cost, for now. They are after all, rather expensive.
wink.gif

Hope you get your issue fixed soon!
Nah. The pertinent socket was somewhat loose from day one. I've only used one other cable, the Black Widow, and they fit very badly with the right monitor. Subsequently, at meets, I've tried swapping cables, and these attempts actually resolve the fit issue. Thus, it's a combination of the less-than-tight socket and the Black Widow that causes the aforementioned problem.

Solution? Get a new cable.
ph34r.gif

Thanks for your consideration.  I am way past the 30 day period for reshelling but the issue of the loose connection has only come up within the past couple of weeks.  I think I will also try to get some different cables and see how they fit.  Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

May 28, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #11,242 of 36,071
Got  my K10's today. Early impressions are really positive. 

May 28, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #11,244 of 36,071
May 29, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #11,249 of 36,071
May 29, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #11,250 of 36,071

Got  my K10's today. Early impressions are really positive. 

Congrats, very nice looking. I'm looking forward to your opinion once you have some time in.
Mine went back for a refit and should shipping to me in the next 12 hours.

Thanks Steve! I will get some time in this weekend.  I also got the BTS unit so will be playing with that over the coming weeks with all the phone time I have. My UE11's are going in for a minor adjustment. Waiting is hard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back