Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 28, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #11,221 of 36,040
No, the pins are fully inserted into the ciems. It would be best to contact Noble support for help. I'm not sure if the issue is with your ciems, or the cable itself. I have a different cable from a third-party company, though, where the pins do not fully go into the sockets, but the fit still feels secure.

Me neither.  I ordered another Noble cable (clear) to see if it would fix the issue but its not in yet.  I will try to email them regarding my issue.  Thanks for your input.

May 28, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #11,222 of 36,040
  Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone else had a problem with the cable at the connectors coming loose?  It detached from the cable when I was taking it out out of my ears on my commute and thus dropped on the pavement.  Slight blemish but nothing to fret about.  More worried about the cable connection.

Thanks,

Ed

Yes. My right connector was already loose to begin with. Using the stock Noble cables, it's not as tight or as secure as the connection on the left monitor. However, with my Toxic Cables Black Widow, the K10 will literally slip right off if you shake it a little. Thankfully, switching to other aftermarket cables confirms that whilst the right socket itself is loose, the paired connections are not as awful as with the combination of the Black Widow and the right monitor. I'm going to have to buy a different cable now, seeing that I have zero confidence in using the K10 like I would my other CIEMs when paired with the Black Widow.

May 28, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #11,223 of 36,040

Yes. My right connector was already loose to begin with. Using the stock Noble cables, it's not as tight or as secure as the connection on the left monitor. However, with my Toxic Cables Black Widow, the K10 will literally slip right off if you shake it a little. Thankfully, switching to other aftermarket cables confirms that whilst the right socket itself is loose, the paired connections are not as awful as with the combination of the Black Widow and the right monitor. I'm going to have to buy a different cable now, seeing that I have zero confidence in using the K10 like I would my other CIEMs when paired with the Black Widow.

Sadly this happens with both Noble and aftermarket cables for myself as well so I'm leaning more towards the issue in the connection housing.  Let me know if you find a cable that works better.

May 28, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #11,225 of 36,040
  Why Wizard didn't use MCXX socket on K10? 

or Linum T2 
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 28, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #11,228 of 36,040
  Nope just the 2-pin connection on my actual K10.  Sorry my initial post wasn't very clear I just realized.

I give it about 5 removal/insertion cycles before you start noticing that it takes considerably less and less effort each time you do it.  My 4C's are already at the point where it takes very little force to remove or reinsert.

May 28, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #11,229 of 36,040

If you're cable swapping, you're the reason it's loose :p  Just sayin.

May 28, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #11,230 of 36,040
Oh, and happy late birthday to the old fart with the jokes.

I was going to steal a pic of a birthday cake and stick it in here, but there's no way I could find one with that many candles :p

May 28, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #11,235 of 36,040
Thanks, I cant believe I am 25.

for the 26th year in a row.

Lookin' good. On the Internet at least!
Now that the main instigator of Jokegate has admitted an error of judgment, could you now resume your thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back