Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 16, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #7,351 of 36,116
  I rather like the beige and black combination. Beautiful! Enjoy!

Thanks Rip! I had been considering combining the carbon fiber with the dark grey and gold combo for my K10's (which I ordered at CanJam/RMAF) then John released the Wizard-wood and black with a little bit of swirl and the smoke acrylic and gold nugget and I was sold. Then when I found out I could have my initials etched into the face-plate along with with Wizard signature it was done and done. 

I have to admit that the waiting has been hard, but now that I've seen pictures the couple of day wait for the express from China is even harder! Now that I've seen my babies, I want to hold them in my hands. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #7,352 of 36,116

eek.gif

beerchug.gif

I would love to see The Wizard do something with bismuth... hollowed out to accommodate the innards... and then finished off with crystal instead of acrylic.  Would probably be as heavy as **** but would be amazing!  Bismuth (for those unfamiliar with it:

Warren - I knew you were a wild-man, but bismuth? Wow. Lead's next door neighbor and one of the heavier (mostly stable) elements out there. Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about the radioactivity, but it would be kind of cool to say that they were a bit radioactive ("Has anyone seen my CIEMs? No? Where's my Geiger counter...").

By far the greatest pragmatic limitation would be how brittle it is in its pure form (like the crystals you show here). Alloyed into metal it is much more workable, but not nearly as cool looking. (Yes, I am a ChemEng by training) Don't think John could work it with his CNC and other toys, even with his Wizard status. Still, it's cool to dream! 

Maybe instead you could have a pair made that are bright pink in honor of the way most people interact with bismuth! 
wink_face.gif

Cheers - Michael 

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #7,353 of 36,116
Thanks Rip! I had been considering combining the carbon fiber with the dark grey and gold combo for my K10's (which I ordered at CanJam/RMAF) then John released the Wizard-wood and black with a little bit of swirl and the smoke acrylic and gold nugget and I was sold. Then when I found out I could have my initials etched into the face-plate along with with Wizard signature it was done and done. 

I have to admit that the waiting has been hard, but now that I've seen pictures the couple of day wait for the express from China is even harder! Now that I've seen my babies, I want to hold them in my hands. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Also, are these the first set I've seen with the Wizard's signature on the left ear piece?

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #7,354 of 36,116

bigsmile_face.gif

Also, are these the first set I've seen with the Wizard's signature on the left ear piece?

Great catch! Hadn't even noticed. I think I'm not the first, as looking through the Noble Instagram feed there's a pair on 9/10/14 that also appear to be on the left face-plate. Thanks

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #7,355 of 36,116

Mohs is 2.25, Brinell is 94.2 MPa.  It's pretty dense stuff as well.  And it's also fairly diamagnetic.  But now that I think about it, the greatest challenge might be overcoming the slight radioactivity.  Oh well, one can dream... 
frown.gif

Look on the bright side - if a large tumor crops up, you could carve it a bit and turn it into a cable wrap - or hollow it out and store extra tips inside.
tongue.gif

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #7,356 of 36,116
  Look on the bright side - if a large tumor crops up, you could carve it a bit and turn it into a cable wrap - or hollow it out and store extra tips inside.
tongue.gif

LOL!

Love the humor. Well played sir. 

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #7,357 of 36,116

By far the greatest pragmatic limitation would be how brittle it is in its pure form (like the crystals you show here). Alloyed into metal it is much more workable, but not nearly as cool looking. (Yes, I am a ChemEng by training) Don't think John could work it with his CNC and other toys, even with his Wizard status. Still, it's cool to dream! 

tongue.gif
  I like shiny things.  Hey, I have an idea... is there any way to create some kind of mold to control crystal formation?

Maybe instead you could have a pair made that are bright pink in honor of the way most people interact with bismuth! 
wink_face.gif

Lol, I was wondering when someone would bring that up!  
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #7,358 of 36,116
If anyone is interested, I did an extensive comparison of the K10 to the Legend R.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/746615/earwerkz-legend-r-vs-noble-k10-brief-review-bonus-1964-v6s-v8-noble-4-6-8c-shure-se846

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #7,361 of 36,116
Nice comparisons, jelt - thank you!!

No problem. Hope it was useful for you, in case you are considering it any of the phones there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back