Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 5, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #7,171 of 36,042
  Been promising myself to get a set of Noble for quite some time, but I never actually did it. Just randomly lurking around thus thread and feeling a little guilty for not holding a set of Noble in my hands now. But, I only have an iPhone, nothing fancy that can make them shine..If I squeeze that wallet and get a pair, it will be like driving a supercar and filling low grade fuel.. :frowning2:

Source > earphone / earphone > source..?

A bunch of the K10 reviews (including my own) mention the fact that the K10 will sound great from "poor" sources like your phone, laptop, etc. - Same goes for the N4, but both will improve as you upgrade the audio chain. 

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #7,172 of 36,042
  A bunch of the K10 reviews (including my own) mention the fact that the K10 will sound great from "poor" sources like your phone, laptop, etc. - Same goes for the N4, but both will improve as you upgrade the audio chain. 

I can vouch for that, too:  at RMAF, I was using my iPhone+International to audition just about everything.  At one point I got a kink in my camera adapter that caused my accursed iPhone to no longer recognize the International, and had to go forward auditioning straight from iPhone.  The K10U still sounded great straight from the phone; sounded better from the International, but still fantastic from the phone (best IEM/CIEM sound of the show for me).  

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #7,173 of 36,042

I primarily listen to my K10 directly out of my Galaxy Note 3, and it sounds absolutely fantastic. Does it sound better out if better sources? Yes. Does it sound bad out of my phone? Definitely not!

There isn't a need to immediately buy a better source. The entire Noble lineup sounds absolutely stellar even out of the most basic sources. There is definitely scalability with better sources, but that doesn't mean that anything will sound terrible out of a phone. I generally find it to be quite the opposite.

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #7,174 of 36,042
Too much for me to quote one by one, but I really appreciate the advices from you guys. I'll save up, K10 will be the way.. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #7,175 of 36,042
I should mention, even my LCD-X sounds pretty great on an iPhone. But it also seems to scale well, my Fiio X3 sounds noticeably better, and then the iFi Micro iDSD really impresses.

Contrast that with my HD650, and it would suck all the life out of both my Oppo BDP-105 heaphone amp, and my X3. The good news is though, IEMs are easy to drive!

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #7,176 of 36,042
I feel sad that K10 gets all the attention and here I am dieing to read more and more about 8C and maybe if possible Noble 8 universal. Mostly the general sound signature and differences between K10.

Dec 5, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #7,177 of 36,042
  I feel sad that K10 gets all the attention and here I am dieing to read more and more about 8C and maybe if possible Noble 8 universal. Mostly the general sound signature and differences between K10.

Don't be sad, although it's probably hard not to when you live in Hell. 
blink.gif

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #7,180 of 36,042
Can anyone point the difference between the clear and stock black cable? Also I have astell and kern player which supports balanced output. Is there any cable for k10 which terminates to balanced TRRS.

Since they're standard old Westone 2 pin cables, there are many companies that make balanced cables for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

• whyz
Back