Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 5, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #7,188 of 36,042
Can anyone point the difference between the clear and stock black cable? Also I have astell and kern player which supports balanced output. Is there any cable for k10 which terminates to balanced TRRS.

There shouldn't be any difference in sound, only a difference in color.  There also aren't any TRRS connectors on any of the Noble cables (although I would really love it if there were!).  However, the cables are all 4-wire braids right down to the connector.  It's rather simple to re-terminate (or get somebody else to re-terminate) the cable with a TRRS plug to get it to be fully balanced.

That's what I did with my extra Noble cable. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 6, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #7,191 of 36,042
Couple of quick questions:

(1) Can anyone tell me how long the stock cable is?

(2) Is there an option for brown acrylic? If not what would be the closest to a brown? Amber? I'm thinking of getting either a plain colour or a rosewood or amboyana faceplate so wondering what colour would look best with those. Any pics would be appreciated too!

Dec 7, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #7,192 of 36,042
Okay after using noble 4 for almost half year. I want to give wizard some recomendation for his uiem

First , the hard case is really hard to put our iem inside cus its small size and'll become impossible after I upgrade my cable (bigger cable)

Second, noble iem is made of black plastic that only screw's color is all of it....but noble 4 got black screw (the color keep fading)so it looks really like a 10 dollars iem but nevermind cuz noble sounds is perfect

Third, the fit that make me a bit sad

Okay, I know that your income is mostly come from ciem but pls concern this

The ear tips is already good enough but what is the problem that made westone shure klipsch or others are better than u is the pipe size (dunt know what to call it) smaller one will make it easier to fit(really easier for every small or short ears canal guys)

And once again, I understand that this might means all new design for same sounding but I want you to know this(maybe you might already know it before i told you here)

Anyway i'm going to buy k10 next mounth so fitting wont suffer me anymore

Noble is the best sounding of all

Thx for reading this

Dec 7, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #7,193 of 36,042
  Couple of quick questions:

(1) Can anyone tell me how long the stock cable is?

(2) Is there an option for brown acrylic? If not what would be the closest to a brown? Amber? I'm thinking of getting either a plain colour or a rosewood or amboyana faceplate so wondering what colour would look best with those. Any pics would be appreciated too!

Seems like stock cable is 48 inches.

There is a color chart on website when you start the ordering process.

Dec 7, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #7,194 of 36,042
I am not sure I understood what makes the universal versions unergonomic. Can someone else also try to explain and share their experience? Looking at kova's picture with his special N6, I think they look ok but probably you can't really use the iems with deep fit insertion style kinda like Ety or something.

Dec 7, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #7,195 of 36,042
  I am not sure I understood what makes the universal versions unergonomic. Can someone else also try to explain and share their experience? Looking at kova's picture with his special N6, I think they look ok but probably you can't really use the iems with deep fit insertion style kinda like Ety or something.

Well, my N6W is the best fitting and most comfortable iem I own. My non-Wizard N4 has a bit longer nozzle but fits me great too. Nowhere near ety insertion depth with the tri-flanges. But anyway, as with any universal fit iem something that provides great fit for someone can be uncomfortable for someone else.

Dec 7, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #7,196 of 36,042
Hi all,

I find myself desiring new IEM's as my cat ate the tips of my Shure Se215's and I was kinda looking for a reason to change!

Having never heard of Noble until I joined this website, I have to say I'm intrigued now. My question to you lot is; how are the Noble 3 universals? Can't seem to find any review of them anywhere?

Dec 7, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #7,197 of 36,042
How does the K10 or the whole Noble lineup perform at low volume? With the LCD-3 I have to push them for best results.

Dec 7, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #7,198 of 36,042
The K10s are really good at low volume - they're the first earphone I've owned that makes me want to turn the volume down all the time (in a good way). They isolate really well and their sound is beautifully balanced so you don't need extra volume to fill in any "gaps".

To answer the ergonomics question about the universals, the nozzle on Noble universals (and many others) is wider than IEMs like Shure, Westone and the new, insanely comfy Audiofly range. Those three designs use a nozzle that's only 2-3mm thick so people with narrow canals (like me) can get a more comfy seal using various silicon or foam tips. The 3-4mm Noble tip creates pressure regardless of which tip I try and it is an insecure fit as a result. This is the same as many universals though, not unique to Noble at all (see Audio Technica IM series, IE800, FIDUE, DUNU, JH universal, etc.)

Dec 7, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #7,199 of 36,042
I didn't have a chance to try new Noble line up but I did try Heir 5.0 from Dr. Moulton's old days and many other universals here like IE800, JVC850, W4, H200 etc etc. Heir 5.0 was one of the best design and fitting universal among the others. I can see from the pictures though the new designs are on the larger side but I don't know whether their nozzles have the same diameter or not.

Dec 7, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #7,200 of 36,042
  I didn't have a chance to try new Noble line up but I did try Heir 5.0 from Dr. Moulton's old days and many other universals here like IE800, JVC850, W4, H200 etc etc. Heir 5.0 was one of the best design and fitting universal among the others. I can see from the pictures though the new designs are on the larger side but I don't know whether their nozzles have the same diameter or not.

The Nobles are about the same just the housings are thicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back