Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 4, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #7,156 of 36,082
Yeah,sources come second. That's why I'm always advising against this current trend with people asking about $100-200 amps and even more expensive DAPs for their $50 iems or headphones and expect miracles. One is better off getting a sansa clip and a higher end iem/headphone rather than getting an audiophile DAP and an entry level iem. IMO expensive DAPs and amps are for the people who already have high-end gear they are happy with and they are willing to shell out the big bucks to squeeze out every single drop of performance from it.
You get the iem/headphone you love and build your gear upon it, not the other way around IMO.

Dec 4, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #7,158 of 36,082
What sort of turnaround times are people seeing on the Universal in stock items?  Placed an order during the black friday sale and keep hitting refresh on my e-mail for a shipping confirmation (the anticipation is killing me).

Dec 4, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #7,159 of 36,082
Yeah,sources come second. That's why I'm always advising against this current trend with people asking about $100-200 amps and even more expensive DAPs for their $50 iems or headphones and expect miracles. One is better off getting a sansa clip and a higher end iem/headphone rather than getting an audiophile DAP and an entry level iem. IMO expensive DAPs and amps are for the people who already have high-end gear they are happy with and they are willing to shell out the big bucks to squeeze out every single drop of performance from it.
You get the iem/headphone you love and build your gear upon it, not the other way around IMO.

Completely agree with this almost. But first comes your music xD.

I've ordered the K10 to work with a £100 O2 or my iPhone/IPad. I'll look into Hugo's and such next year :)

Dec 4, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #7,160 of 36,082
Completely agree with this almost. But first comes your music xD.

I've ordered the K10 to work with a £100 O2 or my iPhone/IPad. I'll look into Hugo's and such next year :)

Well, the music is a given but it leads to other issues like audio formats and resolution and the mastering itself coz one can rightfully argue that with higher-end gear a lot of recordings become unlistenable due to their bad mastering. 

Dec 4, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #7,161 of 36,082
  What sort of turnaround times are people seeing on the Universal in stock items?  Placed an order during the black friday sale and keep hitting refresh on my e-mail for a shipping confirmation (the anticipation is killing me).

Noble 4 orders have shipped.

Noble 3, 6, Wizard IEM, and accessory orders will be going out today.

Noble 5, PR, FR, K10U orders are backordered, as stated on the website at the time of ordering.

Dec 4, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #7,162 of 36,082
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/isolated-unedited-vocals-of-mariah-careys-awful-holida-1666529981?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

How does this sound on the K10's?

Dec 4, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #7,164 of 36,082
both options are back ordered, priority is first come first serve

both options would require some wait time. if u r in a situation where u absolutely must have a Noble IEM ASAP, you may go to the Wizard universal section of the website and see what is available, as that is an up to date out look on what is in stock (pertaining to wizard products only)

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 4, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #7,165 of 36,082
I think earphones give you by far the best bang for your buck if you're upgrading say from earbuds. Source is second, but plenty of headfiers are perfectly happy using their iPhones as sources- not least for the convenience it offers.

I had the iPhone 5, which is not as good as the 4S/5S in audio. Quite ok with SE535 but there is audible noise.

You might be surprised at how good Noble iems can sound from an iPhone. It might defy conventional wisdom, but when it comes to portable digital audio, I've found that whilst you'll get some improvement from using a high quality DAP, the most significant step-change (relative to the money you spend) will come from the earphones you choose.

I do have another combo of UD120 + Cayin C5. But as if what I read, the K10 is quite hard to find something that don't make a noise on it.

Dec 4, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #7,166 of 36,082
both options are back ordered, priority is first come first serve

both options would require some wait time. if u r in a situation where u absolutely must have a Noble IEM ASAP, you may go to the Wizard universal section of the website and see what is available, as that is an up to date out look on what is in stock (pertaining to wizard products only)

Heheh, maybe I should've bought a custom after all. =P 
Glad they are selling well though, that black Friday sale looks to have been very successful 
cool.gif

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #7,167 of 36,082

Noble 4 orders have shipped.

Noble 3, 6, Wizard IEM, and accessory orders will be going out today.

Noble 5, PR, FR, K10U orders are backordered, as stated on the website at the time of ordering.

biggrin.gif

Got the tracking e-mail about 30 minutes after your post.  Now for

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #7,169 of 36,082
Seeing that it is the end of the week, it is only fitting that we share the latest rendition of the watch components design, this time on a Noble 3C!

A thick blue shell with a cosmetic grade glitter interior, Wizard's favorite Buckeye Burl on the face, and a number of carefully placed salvaged watch parts make for a timeless combination. Look closely and note the delicate coils on each faceplate.

While we are happy it is Friday, we will be pressing on through the weekend. The number of soon-to-be Noble owners has us stoked!
 ​
 ​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back