Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 3, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #7,141 of 36,096
I have to the share this really off topic start to my December. Yesterday at Costco I was over having my lunch, as I do almost every day. I was eating with 2 employees that sat with me, first time that's ever happened. A lady stopped as she is walking by and tells me I have the most warmest and most genuine smile she has ever seen. She even said she saw it from way over there, assuming from the checkout line. I was floored, I told her that is the nicest compliment I have ever gotten, she didnt believe me, I said its true, most people hate me, of course she laughed.

Lets get to today, I have been an active member of a forum for 14 years, randomly today I got a private message from a mod telling me happy holidays. I go to read it and I was given a $20 gift code for Amazon by a poster you wants to remain anonymous. Just for my contributions to the forums, I entered the code and voila, its legit, VERY COOL gesture. Now as some of you know, I was also given 2 shirts from the Noble guys, just for posting in this thread, so in closing, I guess trying to be a good person, make me laugh can have its rewards, I am humbled and honored to receive these things.

Good man. :)

Dec 3, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #7,142 of 36,096
Did she say that because you were wearing K10's?

Ha! Well done.

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #7,144 of 36,096
As clinically of interest as the above posts may be to my degree, I have a question on topic.

Any UK buyers have experience regarding increased wait times, or customs charges? Also who did the final delivery for UPS? Hopefully not Parcelforce....

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #7,145 of 36,096
Did anybody else order a Universal K10 from Moon Audio? Drew said they sold out quickly unfortunately due to the sale. He was still waiting to hear back from Noble for the next shipment..
Sigh.. could be a long wait for me fellas!

Dec 4, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #7,147 of 36,096
Hello noble thread!

I have a question for those of you who own a Noble custom IEM!

I have a pair of Noble 4 which is absolutely fantastic, but I was hoping for something with a little more impact.

I was trying the demo monitor for the Noble 8C, but I noticed that while the monitor keeps the awesome mids of the noble 4 and adds awesome lows, the highs were really overbearing to the point of being somewhat annoying. Some of my tracks that have a lot of cymbals end up turning into this mush of cymbal noises. Is this normal? Or am I demoing it with the wrong tips? Or maybe the 8c is just not for me?

Dec 4, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #7,148 of 36,096
  Hello noble thread!

I have a question for those of you who own a Noble custom IEM!

I have a pair of Noble 4 which is absolutely fantastic, but I was hoping for something with a little more impact.

I was trying the demo monitor for the Noble 8C, but I noticed that while the monitor keeps the awesome mids of the noble 4 and adds awesome lows, the highs were really overbearing to the point of being somewhat annoying. Some of my tracks that have a lot of cymbals end up turning into this mush of cymbal noises. Is this normal? Or am I demoing it with the wrong tips? Or maybe the 8c is just not for me?

Noble 6

Dec 4, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #7,152 of 36,096
Been promising myself to get a set of Noble for quite some time, but I never actually did it. Just randomly lurking around thus thread and feeling a little guilty for not holding a set of Noble in my hands now. But, I only have an iPhone, nothing fancy that can make them shine..If I squeeze that wallet and get a pair, it will be like driving a supercar and filling low grade fuel.. :frowning2:

Source > earphone / earphone > source..?

Dec 4, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #7,154 of 36,096
Been promising myself to get a set of Noble for quite some time, but I never actually did it. Just randomly lurking around thus thread and feeling a little guilty for not holding a set of Noble in my hands now. But, I only have an iPhone, nothing fancy that can make them shine..If I squeeze that wallet and get a pair, it will be like driving a supercar and filling low grade fuel.. :frowning2:

I think earphones give you by far the best bang for your buck if you're upgrading say from earbuds. Source is second, but plenty of headfiers are perfectly happy using their iPhones as sources- not least for the convenience it offers.

Dec 4, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #7,155 of 36,096

You might be surprised at how good Noble iems can sound from an iPhone. It might defy conventional wisdom, but when it comes to portable digital audio, I've found that whilst you'll get some improvement from using a high quality DAP, the most significant step-change (relative to the money you spend) will come from the earphones you choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back