New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Jan 8, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #1,471 of 1,937
After two returns and taking another chance again with the SE215, I can finally say I have a great working pair. My issues with the previous two returns was the bass was just not there. With my third pair I can finally say it's actually there. I do recommend some burn in time, this really helps with the SE215. Like another poster on here said, quality control with the SE215 must vary....so much truth but nonetheless I'm finally happy with my throes pair. I also use them with the Triple Flanges, so much better than the stock and Comply tips.

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #1,472 of 1,937
This might sound stupid, but i can really appreciate the sound signature of the SE215.
This would be considered a warm signature with an up in the mids right?

Is there a headphone than sounds similar?

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #1,473 of 1,937
I just ordered these. Wondering which tips people recommend. Priority being comfort without altering the sound signature. I tend to have issues with earbuds falling out or needing to be re-adjusted frequently. I find the medium sizes usually fit best. I am hesitant to go for the memory like foam ones due to sanitary and durability concerns.

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #1,474 of 1,937
I just ordered these. Wondering which tips people recommend. Priority being comfort without altering the sound signature. I tend to have issues with earbuds falling out or needing to be re-adjusted frequently. I find the medium sizes usually fit best. I am hesitant to go for the memory like foam ones due to sanitary and durability concerns.

The se215s come with a good selection of tips. I'm sure you can find a good fit among them. if not, you can always use the comply tips. My friends use those and they say its much more comfortable. they are made of foam, however.

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #1,477 of 1,937
Hi does anybody have the Sennheiser HD650 and how does this compare to the SE215.

I have both and although they might have slightly similar sound characteristics, they are in completely different leagues. The 215s sound muddy, congested, and slow compared to the 650. I would consider the SE215s low-fi and the 650s Hi-Fi (of course, with the right source and amping)

Mar 14, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #1,478 of 1,937
I have both and although they might have slightly similar sound characteristics, they are in completely different leagues. The 215s sound muddy, congested, and slow compared to the 650. I would consider the SE215s low-fi and the 650s Hi-Fi (of course, with the right source and amping)

any recommendations for a iem that sounds like the 650.

Mar 14, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #1,479 of 1,937
any recommendations for a iem that sounds like the 650.

Off the top of my head the IE800? I never heard it before but from what I've seen it should sound similar. I see you also posted on the HD650 thread I'm sure you'll have better luck there.

Mar 18, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #1,482 of 1,937
  Hi guys I just bought shure se215, I have a question does anybody have suggestion from cable because the stock cable it's too heavy my earphones keeps on falling out.

I've never had any issues with the cable but I heard FiiO makes a slightly lighter cable. Called - FiiO RC-SE1 Shure Replacement Cable

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #1,483 of 1,937
Hi guys I just bought shure se215, I have a question does anybody have suggestion from cable because the stock cable it's too heavy my earphones keeps on falling out.

There are perfectly good aftermarket cables at much lower price than Shure or FiiO. Typically they are much less stiff and bulky than the Shure originals.

Examples:

Plain cable: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/261798851717?lpid=82

Samsung Galaxy compatible cable: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310714596148

There are lots of others such as iPhone compatible cables, longer cables, special magic audiophile cables which defy logic and nature and so on.

Some of the non-original cables don't fit the earphone as securely as they should and can become disconnected. This matters a lot if you let your IEMs dangle because you could easily lose an earphone. I found that the ones in the second link I posted are like that but not too bad.

btw if the weight of the cable is pulling the IEMs out of your ear then you are not fitting/wearing them properly. Either or both of the following could be the cause:

You are not wearing the cable up and over the back of the ear as intended.
You don't have a snug fit with the tip in your ear.

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #1,484 of 1,937
There are perfectly good aftermarket cables at much lower price than Shure or FiiO. Typically they are much less stiff and bulky than the Shure originals.

Examples:

Plain cable: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/261798851717?lpid=82

Samsung Galaxy compatible cable: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310714596148

There are lots of others such as iPhone compatible cables, longer cables, special magic audiophile cables which defy logic and nature and so on.

Some of the non-original cables don't fit the earphone as securely as they should and can become disconnected. This matters a lot if you let your IEMs dangle because you could easily lose an earphone. I found that the ones in the second link I posted are like that but not too bad.

btw if the weight of the cable is pulling the IEMs out of your ear then you are not fitting/wearing them properly. Either or both of the following could be the cause:

You are not wearing the cable up and over the back of the ear as intended.
You don't have a snug fit with the tip in your ear.

the last one is the one that I am having problem with I cannot find plugs that fit my ear but thanks very much for the suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back