New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Dec 25, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #1,457 of 1,937
Alright, Christmas is over. I've got enough to cover a FiiO X1, 128GB MicroSD Card, and a Shure SE215. Hoping to order these soon; and only $20 away from a Schiit Fulla. Should I get the Fulla or buy a FiiO E11k for use with the X1 and SE215?

Edit: In other words, will the SE215 benefit much from an amp, or should I save up a little to improve my laptop's sound quality? (Either way I'll be getting the Fulla at some point, likely later in spring.)

Dec 26, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #1,458 of 1,937
Alright, Christmas is over. I've got enough to cover a FiiO X1, 128GB MicroSD Card, and a Shure SE215. Hoping to order these soon; and only $20 away from a Schiit Fulla. Should I get the Fulla or buy a FiiO E11k for use with the X1 and SE215?

Edit: In other words, will the SE215 benefit much from an amp, or should I save up a little to improve my laptop's sound quality? (Either way I'll be getting the Fulla at some point, likely later in spring.)

The amp won't be necessary. The SE215 are very easy to drive.

Dec 26, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #1,459 of 1,937

No brainer here, don't get the E11k you don't need an amp for the 215s. The Fulla is both a DAC/AMP combo so if you listen to music on your computer it will be much more beneficial to the 215s. The X1s should have plenty of power to drive them as well as a good onboard DAC for portable use. $20 bucks save yourself a meal at Mcdonalds lol.

Dec 26, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #1,460 of 1,937
Awesome, counted up and planned out where/how I'll be spending everything, and I've got exactly $85 bucks left; I'll be getting the Fulla (if they put it on Amazon, got gift cards). Thanks everyone for your help, I'll be grabbing the SE215, a FiiO X1, a 128GB MicroSD card, and hopefully the Schiit Fulla.

Dec 26, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #1,461 of 1,937
  Awesome, counted up and planned out where/how I'll be spending everything, and I've got exactly $85 bucks left; I'll be getting the Fulla (if they put it on Amazon, got gift cards). Thanks everyone for your help, I'll be grabbing the SE215, a FiiO X1, a 128GB MicroSD card, and hopefully the Schiit Fulla.

Quick tip: The Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves fit the entire current SE line (except the rather bulbous 846). So if you invest in teh SCS for the SE215, you can also use it with the 425 and 535 as you move along the upgrade path.

Dec 26, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #1,462 of 1,937

Quick tip: The Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves fit the entire current SE line (except the rather bulbous 846). So if you invest in teh SCS for the SE215, you can also use it with the 425 and 535 as you move along the upgrade path.

I might get those this spring; I was looking into those and would love custom sleeves. At the moment, I don't have the money, but in early spring I should have it. I assume the isolation would become perfect with those, which is what I'm really looking for.

Dec 28, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #1,463 of 1,937
Hi everyone I am new to this thread, I just got the 215's as a gift. I use to own these and loved them until I bought the 315's and gave my brother the 215's. I also own the UE 900S and now I am torn between selling them or keeping them I have  other iem's also and a ton of over the ear. I just don't see myself using them a lot, but as a music lover like all of us on this Head-Fi collect audio equipment. So should I sell them or add them to my collection?

Thanks for any ones input as I don't know what I want to do with them and maybe some ones input would help me make up my mind.

Dec 28, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #1,464 of 1,937
  Hi everyone I am new to this thread, I just got the 215's as a gift. I use to own these and loved them until I bought the 315's and gave my brother the 215's. I also own the UE 900S and now I am torn between selling them or keeping them I have  other iem's also and a ton of over the ear. I just don't see myself using them a lot, but as a music lover like all of us on this Head-Fi collect audio equipment. So should I sell them or add them to my collection?

Thanks for any ones input as I don't know what I want to do with them and maybe some ones input would help me make up my mind.

In the grand scheme of things - you could sell the new 215's and add a hundred and get the HiFiman RE600 - that you might use a bit more and could have a nice, warm spot in your collection....

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #1,465 of 1,937

The 315? Yes, I would sell it. If you were talking about the 215s I would keep them as you can barely sell them for anything used. Thats what I've done. I sold my 315s and kept my 215s and these are my go to pair when I'm riding the bus or when I need a pair I can toss  around. Plus they sound quite good. My recommendation would be to sell the 315s and add a couple more bucks to get yourself a better unit. The UE900s I heard are quite nice as well, why do you need another pair?

Dec 28, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #1,466 of 1,937
The 315? Yes, I would sell it. If you were talking about the 215s I would keep them as you can barely sell them for anything used. Thats what I've done. I sold my 315s and kept my 215s and these are my go to pair when I'm riding the bus or when I need a pair I can toss  around. Plus they sound quite good. My recommendation would be to sell the 315s and add a couple more bucks to get yourself a better unit. The UE900s I heard are quite nice as well, why do you need another pair?

You like the 215's better then the 315's? The price I would get for the 215's would be the full retail because I didnt even open them. I like the 315's over the 215's they have more clarity and one being a balanced armature and the other being a dynamic. The 215's and the 315's cant even compare them to the 900S. But the Shures I use for at work I wouldnt bring the 900S to work they cost to much. I dont need another pair but its like my hobby and I guess I am trying to talk myself out of keeping them since they wont see much use and I have way to many iem's and headphones. Thanks for the input.

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #1,468 of 1,937
You like the 215's better then the 315's? The price I would get for the 215's would be the full retail because I didnt even open them. I like the 315's over the 215's they have more clarity and one being a balanced armature and the other being a dynamic. The 215's and the 315's cant even compare them to the 900S. But the Shures I use for at work I wouldnt bring the 900S to work they cost to much. I dont need another pair but its like my hobby and I guess I am trying to talk myself out of keeping them since they wont see much use and I have way to many iem's and headphones. Thanks for the input.

I like the 315s over the 215s, however, the upgrade is not worth the extra 100 bucks. That's why I sold them right away and picked up a 425s which is a huge upgrade to both the 215s and 315s. The 315s provides better clarity due to its faster and more accurate BA drivers but being only 1 BA driver I find it often hard to keep up with multiple instruments in the recording. As people stated above, I would sell them and get a better pair, unless you need one to throw around then keep it. I am a huge fan of Shure products and like almost everything they make lol.

Jan 8, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #1,470 of 1,937
Hey guys! Just got a set of these in black, still burning in, just wanted to point out that the original cable now has a rubber spacer at the bottom of the 3.5 jack so it can fit devices with cases. I was quite worried about this when I bought mine because all the photos showed no spacer and i was sure it would not fit.... So i also bought a UE900 cable as well only to find out that the original cable fits perfectly even with a rubber case over my iPhone 5s. Anyway thought I'd share the knowledge
smily_headphones1.gif

Damn it! I could have used that a year ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back