New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Jun 6, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #856 of 1,937

Quote:
I must be a lucky head.fier because I haven't had one problem with the 215. They are sounding better and better with each use, although I admit I rarely use them (the quad, FA-011 and SM2 hit my ears first).

I must be at least 2/3 as lucky as you are as I have only the left side with a mild issue on an odd angle and I actually fixed most of it myself
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #857 of 1,937
No issues with either of the cables I own nor the original SE215 and they have been swapped back and forth several times so I could do A/B testing between the cables. Unlike Eric though, I was using my 215's daily until I received my GR07 a couple weeks ago. So the 215 were used for daily commutes and at work for over a month straight with no issues.

I do wonder if there is a difference in the cables and or IEM bodies of the clear model vs the black model though as most of the complaints I have seen seem to be with the clear units.

Jun 6, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #858 of 1,937

Or a production batch @ dweaver. I actually have the clear version.
Quote:
No issues with either of the cables I own nor the original SE215 and they have been swapped back and forth several times so I could do A/B testing between the cables. Unlike Eric though, I was using my 215's daily until I received my GR07 a couple weeks ago. So the 215 were used for daily commutes and at work for over a month straight with no issues.

I do wonder if there is a difference in the cables and or IEM bodies of the clear model vs the black model though as most of the complaints I have seen seem to be with the clear units.

Jun 6, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #859 of 1,937
I purchased the white se 215 about two weeks ago to be my go to gym earphone but I'm having a problem with the fit.  I want to wear them while working out but I keep messing around with them at the gym so I just leave them at home.  With the earphones on it limits me because I can't turn my head or else the earphone will want to come out.  The seal seems fine.  At first they're fine but after some movement they start to come out a little.  How can I fit this problem?  Also the cable is too long... can I buy a shorter cable?  Anyone else wear the se 215 to the gym and have the same problem? 

Thanks.

Jun 6, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #861 of 1,937
I found a definite treble increase with the iPhone cable

Jun 7, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #862 of 1,937
I've found the key with these iems is to fit the monitor in your ear before fussing with the memory wire. Have the memory wire sticking straight up as much as you can; grab the base of the monitor and place in your ear canal at a comfortable and semi-deep angle. Don't force it, follow the way your ear canal is naturally guiding you in putting the tip in. Once in place, then bend the memory around the back of your earlobes accordingly. Works every time for me with no hassles.

Jun 7, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #863 of 1,937
Hey guys picked these up today for $80, noticed them on sale and had to have them. I'm currently letting them have a 18hr pink noise burn in, and then normal music for a day, then frequency sweep for 24hrs. So far these things seem great. I'm impressed by the isolation but not blown away, maybe its just my fitting. Ill do a comprehensive review in this thread after wards. Mids are very smooth and warm, nearly velvety. bass is thick and punchy, but i always notice some resonance of the tones, maybe its just tme. highs could be better, considerably. but these are more purely "fun" hear phones. Soundstage feels very low but wide, with a low of compacted tones but a lot of spacing. "fun" headphones are not my favorite, as i am fan of crisp super pure highs and detail, but hopefully burn in will improve this. Fit wise I like how the IEM fits in my ears, but the memory cable is too stiff and can be irritating after a short while, and i find some discomfort on my left ear, but they do fit well after some adjustment. must say I'm overall very happy with these so far.  

Jun 12, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #864 of 1,937
OK, so I sent mine in for warranty and got another pair back. When I use them for sleeping and lie on my right side, the right ear piece loses all sound. It doesn't do this with the left side and didn't do this with my old pair. There's a loud pop/click when the sound cuts out/in as well.

Did I get another defective earpiece?

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #866 of 1,937
ahahaha.... after some weeks of a good enjoying, with the new cable ( and yes, I am sure that these new ones sounds better than the older ones) after a replacement because the left side did't work anymore, now the right earpiece volume decreased... 

ClieOs, your fixing system works with this issue too? Or do you think that I need to send this new sick cow to shure another time?

Jun 15, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #867 of 1,937

Quote:
OK, so I sent mine in for warranty and got another pair back. When I use them for sleeping and lie on my right side, the right ear piece loses all sound. It doesn't do this with the left side and didn't do this with my old pair. There's a loud pop/click when the sound cuts out/in as well.

Did I get another defective earpiece?

Yes You did> 

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #868 of 1,937

Quote:
ClieOs, your fixing system works with this issue too? Or do you think that I need to send this new sick cow to shure another time?

It will work if the problem lies in the connector (loose connection). If you get intermediate sound when you turns the connector around, then likely it is a connector problem.

Jun 19, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #870 of 1,937
Hello guys.
I  have a question - anyone seen fake SE215 on the market?
I'm just discover for prices on these headphones and find this seller on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/SHURE-SE215-SOUND-ISOLATING-IN-EAR-EARPHONES-CLEAR-/290578527367?pt=AU_Electronics_Portable_Audio_Accessories&hash=item43a7d47487

So what are you think about that lot? 45$ is kind too low price. 7 people seems to buy them, but  seller have 0 feedback...
Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back