New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Jun 3, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #841 of 1,937
My bad, after further reading yes gr07 is dynamic which is surprising. They also have great reviews and i am definitely interested. However I am abit skeptical with china branded products.  

Quote:
NO NO the GR07 is not BA based I hear you completely about that! The GR07 has a bio cellulose dynamic driver that has more dynamics than anything I have owned. It's has so much more texture than a BA based driver while still having amazing detail. Take a look at Clios thread on it.

Jun 3, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #842 of 1,937
I hear you about that. In this case this IEM seems to be one of the best built IEM's I have seen. It also helps that it is anything but a generic design. If you look on page 18 or 19 of Clios thread I post some close pictures so between mine and Clios pictures you get an idea of the build quality.

Jun 3, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #843 of 1,937
Yeah I had the se215's, loved them more than anything just because of the seal and how they blocked out sound. But unfortunately, they seem poorly produced, and prone to many flaws such as sound cutting out depending on placement on the swivel. I recommend returning them one more time, and sell the new package they'll give you and buy something different :p

Quote:
I am actually try to avoid armature balanced driver because they tend to sound a little to flat for my preference. Any other candidates ? 

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jun 4, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #844 of 1,937
I just realised that gr07 is only sold from Singapore and I am currently located at the States. I dont want the wait and i am thinking about a different headphones. Any suggestions ? i am also thinking that maybe i will have better luck with se215 with the microphone cable.. 

Jun 4, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #845 of 1,937

These should be readily available locally unlike the GR07. But we're all so used of the wait with this hobby it's ridiculous!
Quote:
I just realised that gr07 is only sold from Singapore and I am currently located at the States. I dont want the wait and i am thinking about a different headphones. Any suggestions ? i am also thinking that maybe i will have better luck with se215 with the microphone cable.. 

Jun 4, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #847 of 1,937

I meant the SE215 as it is the thread title :) In Canada they sell them at local Best Buy stores so these are fairly easy to acquire compared to the GR07. Technically though the GR07 would be a better IEM along with the DBA02 at the price point
Quote:
"These"  as in ? I am sorry but I do not fully understand

Jun 4, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #849 of 1,937

Quote:

Shipping is actually pretty quick (from 3-4 days I believe).  My friend ordered a pair and he received it within a week...I've waited longer for things to ship within CONUS  

Jun 4, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #850 of 1,937
I ordered my GR07 and had them it in just a little over a week so pretty darn fast.

Jun 4, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #851 of 1,937

Hey guys, recently got these earphones and am very impressed (for the money); they're opening up nicely.

Has anybody tried this method? Seems to make sense, I tried to do it but the tweezers I used aren't small enough. Don't want to have to deal with the hassle of returning them and all that.
Also, if you use this method of "squashing" the pin-connector, will it deform (over several 'fixes') to the point where it's permanently broken? i.e. warranty doesn't cover repair, etc...

EDIT: Of those that had this problem: did you experience this after disconnecting the earphone (when, prior to this there were no issues)? Also, did you notice that the connector (of the earphone itself) wasn't a perfect cylinder? 

Shame really, great set of IEMs for the price - but if this keeps happening I'll have to return them... 
frown.gif

Quote:
It is an inherent weakness of using a rotating socket for connector as you can not guarantee every angle the pin will have a perfect contact in the socket. When the socket is a tiny bit too loose, you get cut off on a certain angles. But if the socket is too tight, you have issue with rotation and worst, socket fitting and pin stress. Anyway, I do believe all the issues with lost connection could be socket related, and most likely on the inner pin socket on the earpeice side. My SE215 too cuts off on the left at a very odd angle though totally doesn't affect normal usage. However as somewhat a DIY person, I did a small mod (not really a mod, more like a tightening) to fix the issue and now it is working 100%.

Here is what I do:

Warning: I hold no responsibility for anything you do to your own IEM. Try it at your own risk!

Tool needed: Small, pointy forceps or similar tool that can take a little force without bending on its own.

SEF1.jpg

SEF2.jpg

Basically, use the forceps to apply a little force on the inner pin socket and start to rotation the earpiece so the inner pin socket receives pressure evenly on all side. This should tighten the pin opening just enough to get better contact to the pin on the cable. Caution: We are not trying to flatten the socket so do NOT apply too much force at first. Instead, try several times and adjust the pressure accordingly. Put the earpiece back and see if it improves or not.

Jun 5, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #852 of 1,937
The thing is i recently graduated and will be flying back to Malaysia in a couple of month. The idea of purchasing something from all around the world and ending up 100 miles from the origin of the items is kinda bugging me. Any suggestion other then gr07 ? willing to increase my budget as long as it is worth it. 

Quote:
I ordered my GR07 and had them it in just a little over a week so pretty darn fast.

Jun 6, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #855 of 1,937
I must be a lucky head.fier because I haven't had one problem with the 215. They are sounding better and better with each use, although I admit I rarely use them (the quad, FA-011 and SM2 hit my ears first).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back