NEW! SENDY AUDIO AIVA Impressions?
Oct 15, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #526 of 709
Just wish (Mass)Drop had offered these earlier and I could have saved $100 plus another $15 for the XLR adapter I needed. Anyway, I don't regret buying the Aiva's sooner at all because I've thoroughly enjoyed them for the past several months. As you say let your own ears decide!

True, for 600 USD it’s still a bargain. I have headphones that cost much more that I think will never use again and would sell soon (e.g. AFC)

I am not supposed to buy this yet as I have not tried the headphone myself. But saw the drop yesterday and placed my order immediately. After work, I went down to a headphone shop to try and decide if I will cancel my order or continue.

Suffice to say, I will wait for my order to be shipped cone November 20th

Oct 16, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #527 of 709
Coming back to the headphone game after a long hiatus. After reading a couple of threads about this headphone, I was unsure on if I wanted to try these headphones out since I'm generally not a fan of cans with recessed mids. However, after listening to z reviews on youtube, I was completely blown away by how full the sound was. I will be making the purchase on these set of cans very soon!

Oct 16, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #528 of 709
Coming back to the headphone game after a long hiatus. After reading a couple of threads about this headphone, I was unsure on if I wanted to try these headphones out since I'm generally not a fan of cans with recessed mids. However, after listening to z reviews on youtube, I was completely blown away by how full the sound was. I will be making the purchase on these set of cans very soon!

Yeah the graph you see for this can looks bad. But the result can vary from one person to another. When I tried this on it's just amazing. ignoring Zeos' hyperbole, I can see why he is saying this is a steal for headphone.

Oct 18, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #529 of 709
The $100 off from Drop is great but even at $600 these are still a bargain. I put the Aiva in the same league as my LCD-2C and HP-3 which is now almost a $1400 headphone. Anyone that would ask me what's a good headphone under $1000 to get I'd say the Aiva everytime, though if they were very treble sensitive it would be the LCD-2C. The Aiva can hold it's own up against pretty much any headphone regardless of price, it really is that good imo.

Oct 24, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #531 of 709
As much as I like my other headphones I find myself coming back to Aiva over and over again. They have such a perfect sound signature along with great detail that gives the music a clean and engaging sound. They really do compete with headphones cost 2 or 3 times as much and I can't think of any other headphones under $1000 that can do that.

Oct 25, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #532 of 709
Somebody had better buy the pair listed on the FS board for $400 or I'm going to be tempted to own another pair.

Oct 29, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #533 of 709
Somebody had better buy the pair listed on the FS board for $400 or I'm going to be tempted to own another pair.

How do they compare to the HP-3 I traded to you - specifically in the bass?

Oct 29, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #534 of 709
Bass is down significantly compared to the HP-3, especially in the lower bass. Overall I would say the HP-3 is a full tier above the Aiva, thanks to it's warmer mid range, larger soundstage, and vastly superior bass.

Oct 31, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #535 of 709
The planar drivers in the Sendy Aiva's are the same drivers in the Acoustic Research AR-H1, TakStar 580's and BLON-B20 (https://www.linsoul.com/products/blon-b20) so there are some options.

Monoprice added another option of the same 97x76mm planar drivers with their M570 model. Looks like nearly the same earpads as the Aiva's as well.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=39256
The M570 is available now and in December Monoprice is preparing to release two other planar updates: M1070 and M1570 which look like clones of Audeze models.
There are HeadFi threads on all three of these new releases so we'll see how the reviews come out in next few months.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #536 of 709
There might be a lot of headphones using the same driver as the Aiva but they sure don't sound as good, we'll maybe the Blon but that's it.

I have a few other decent headphones but I always come back to the Aiva and use them more often. For me it hits on every point that makes a good headphone from price, to build quality, fit and comfort, and of course sound quality. No longer do you have to spend over $1000 to get a top-tier headphone because the Aiva can compete with most imo.

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #537 of 709
[QUOTE="BubbaJay, post: 15280353, member: 478058"

"I have a few other decent headphones but I always come back to the Aiva and use them more often. "

I dropped out of the Aiva owner group for a short bit when I sold my first Aiva. I just picked up a nearly new one and have it burning in. I up graded my solid state amp and I am really looking forward to seeing how the Sendy Aiva pairs with this new amp.

At it's price point it can compete with a lot of more expensive planar and dynamic headphones out there. The added bonus is the very high build quality and craftsmanship in each one of the Sandy Aivias, imo.

Nov 3, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #538 of 709
There might be a lot of headphones using the same driver as the Aiva but they sure don't sound as good, we'll maybe the Blon but that's it.

I have a few other decent headphones but I always come back to the Aiva and use them more often. For me it hits on every point that makes a good headphone from price, to build quality, fit and comfort, and of course sound quality. No longer do you have to spend over $1000 to get a top-tier headphone because the Aiva can compete with most imo.
Did you see this review? Its pretty interesting to compare the Blon, M570 and the Aivas

Nov 5, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #539 of 709
Thanks to Bonddam in post 467 I now have a marriage made in heaven!

My 2nd pair of Aivas just finished their 100 hour burn in yesterday. They sounded very good, but lighter on the bottom end than I remembered pair 1 being. I read the posts about the Sendy $25 up grade pair and was about to pull the trigger, but then I read Bonddam's post about putting a pair of ZMF perf Suede Universe pads on his Aiva. I had a pair of perf leather Universe pads sitting a round so I put them on and WOW! They brought the mids forward and really brought up the bass punch. So much that I eq'ed a bit of bass out.

Aivas plus Universe pads and through a Violectric V100 amp = a marriage made in heaven to my ears. Here is a picture of the new couple.

IMG_0093.jpg

Nov 5, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #540 of 709
Thanks to Bonddam in post 467 I now have a marriage made in heaven!

My 2nd pair of Aivas just finished their 100 hour burn in yesterday. They sounded very good, but lighter on the bottom end than I remembered pair 1 being. I read the posts about the Sendy $25 up grade pair and was about to pull the trigger, but then I read Bonddam's post about putting a pair of ZMF perf Suede Universe pads on his Aiva. I had a pair of perf leather Universe pads sitting a round so I put them on and WOW! They brought the mids forward and really brought up the bass punch. So much that I eq'ed a bit of bass out.

Aivas plus Universe pads and through a Violectric V100 amp = a marriage made in heaven to my ears. Here is a picture of the new couple.

Biggest benefit was moving the drivers further away. This gave more spacious presentation. This got rid of the aggressive sound that their known for. I need to try them on my v281.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back