1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW! SENDY AUDIO AIVA Impressions?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by pichu, Feb 17, 2019.
First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last
  1. G8torbyte
    Sendy Audio, Takstar and Acoustic Research (AR-H1) are the three companies with current releases using these drivers from what I gather on the forums. Any word who the other two vendors will be or which upcoming models may use the drivers?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  2. Dawnrazor
    The AR-H1 is half price at musicdirect.com at $300 wonder why they would be at half price?

Here is a review:

trellus likes this.
  3. stimuz
    because the HF 580 exists

4. stimuz
    I forgot, one had a render but no product. Someone mentioned its been at that point for months. Looked like the Aiva with a diff grill and yokes.

5. marcusd
    trellus, CoryGillmore and volly like this.
  6. Dawnrazor
    Monoprice has the 1060c on sale for $260 so i jumped.

7. Dawnrazor
    Lol. Just saw josh’s review where he says the m1060c without the grills had a smaller soundstage than the m1060. Might have to return the 1060c too.

8. subguy812
    trellus likes this.
  9. Whitigir
    I still grab my Aiva with stock cables over the HD800S which has upgraded Litz OCC Cables with Furutech connectors and fancy stuff. This is not the first time I like something and others don’t :) which is all ok to me, because this hobby is so much subjective. I think subjective aspect of this hobby is what I love it the most

You can see in the picture that Aiva is into DMP and Hd800s is in the box. Yepe, love it! And the Aiva does even better when you have better quality stuff. For example, today is when I made an External Linear Regulated Supply for my DMP and take advantage of it unique features, and my Aiva shines even better.

Most noticeably is the Bass and the dynamics, and this won’t be the first time I say this, the Aiva when driving correctly, the bass authenticity and it realism is excellent

Anyways, if you happened to buy an Aiva, I suggest you to check out the build quality. If it doesn’t squeak and squeal, then next up is to modify your pads, and most importantly, get something worthy to drive Aiva.....not an iphones, or DAP like M11 and I am serious.
    FFFF5546-1ADC-4613-B0DC-F24797DD9B8F.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    trellus, volly and CoryGillmore like this.
  10. subguy812
    Well you certainly aren't the only one that loves them.

Whitigir likes this.
  11. Dawnrazor
    From the review: "The soundstage is narrow for an open-back design. The stage is not congested or veiled; only, it is not as wide as you might expect from an open-back headphone.... Overall the stage is adequate, it isn’t veiled or congested, but it isn’t the widest either."

Maybe you didn't listen right....

12. BubbaJay
    The Aiva does have a more narrow soundstage than other open planars I've listened to. They sound a bit better with my new dac/amp setup and the depth and height are pretty good which helps make up for the lack of width. Compared to my Klipsch HP-3 the Aiva sounds really narrow at first but as my brain adjusts the soundstage starts to open up some. I like the Aiva more than my LCD-2C most of the time and prefer them over other headphones I have but the HP-3 is still king in my collection. Still though the Aiva is a very good headphone and well worth the $600 price tag imo.

Dawnrazor and CoryGillmore like this.
  13. Geezer Rock 001
    I have had my Aivas for just over 24 hours. My one word description of them is WOW!!!

They sound to my ears like the Love Child from the mating of an HD 800S and an LCD 3. The clarity and definition of the HD and nearly the bass and lower mids of the LCD. Very nice!

Wake up Head Fi'ers. The Sendy Aivas deserve a lot more love and attention. They are a winner, imo !

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  14. Whitigir
    It can easily be priced at 2x the price when you drive it correctly, the build quality is superb. Try to have the Ibasso sr1 stock pads swap on it, it is just so good and comfortable

15. gken92
    As a guy that is sensitive to peaky treble and sibilance, I must say that Aiva has a very fun and addictive treble that I havent heard of in other headphones. Normally people would put those adjectives for bass but for aiva, its the treble. Very aggressive presentation on the treble to push every little details from the songs, but never sibilant. If the mids is smoother and the bass extends more into the subbass, this would have been the headphones to beat under usd1k.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last