1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW! SENDY AUDIO AIVA Impressions?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by pichu, Feb 17, 2019.
First

Back
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last
  1. Mshenay Contributor
    I don't doubt that, finished my thoughts on these an I wasn't really impressed...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  2. BubbaJay
    I think the Aiva is a very nice headphone for the price. Yes, the soundstage width isn't that great but the overall soundstage is actually quite good imo with nice presentation of depth and I notice height as well which I don't hear on a lot of headphones.

The SQ is very good as long as you don't mind brighter highs than many planars have but it never gets to harsh sounding. I also think the mids a very nice and even though it has a more V to U shaped signature the mids are very prominent in the frequency spectrum.

They aren't world beaters like some would have you think but they are a very good planar in their price point when you consider everything about the headphone because build quality is top notch imo.

Also, what are some good alternative pads to use? I don't have a problem with the stock pads but it's nice to have options.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    MarCo7 and mixman like this.
  3. MD80
    MarCo7 and Whitigir like this.
  4. Whitigir
  5. MarCo7
    I've ordered a set of the Brainwavz hybrid angled pads, looking forward to trying them out. For now, I'm rocking the perforated Aiva pads :)

6. Mshenay Contributor
    I actually like the Brain Wave angled Velours on my HE 560! Let me know what you think of the new pads, and hopefully even some one in the enthusiast crowd can do a crude measurement of how FRQ changes with those pads

The Brain Wav Angled Velours make my HE 560 a bit dry and open it up, Aiva could benefit from such changes I think

7. BubbaJay
    I really like the Aiva paired with my M11 balanced. On high gain I don't go past around 65 on the volume which is only around half so the M11 has plenty of power to push the Aiva. I was using them for about a week straight which I never do but they were sounding so clean. I did take the treble down a little over 1 dB in the EQ because the M11 is already a brighter sounding dap and that just helped to smooth things out. I like the Aiva more and more everytime I use them and I think I like them as much as my HP-3 which are my favorite headphone.

trellus and MarCo7 like this.
  8. CoryGillmore
    Yeah the hype has died down tremendously on the Aiva but they remain one of my favorites for sure. I just wish they had more bass slam. My MDR-Z7 satisfies my bass head needs but I wish the Z7 had the detail of the Aiva.

BubbaJay likes this.
  9. BubbaJay
    I had a pair of Z7s a few years ago and I really liked them but got rid of them for another headphone, always thought about getting another pair someday.

I EQ the bass up about 3dB on my M11 and when using my desktop setup I put the bass on the Loki at about halfway which I think is around 3dB also. I have my HP-3 and LCD-2C to give me my bass fix but I think the bass on the Aiva is still pretty good, might not have the authority of the HP-3 but it's clean and has that special planar sound to the bass all be it not quite as good as the LCD-2C but not too far off either.

CoryGillmore likes this.
  10. MarCo7
    I run mine from my iBasso DX120 balanced output thru adapter, but I've found that it sounds better, with more authority, from an amp. Right now I only have the Takstar HA-101 portable amp but I'm in the market for my first desktop amp. Thru the HA-101 I do enjoy it more with the bass boost engaged. It sounds very smooth and punchy and I'm going to try the Brainwavz hybrid pads as soon as I get them this week.

11. subguy812
    The DX120 balanced drives them fairly well and has nice synergy as a pairing, IMO. It requires a touch more volume but I do like that pairing.

12. BubbaJay
    The amps I use for my desktop are the JDS Labs EL amp and Schiit Vali, both sound great running through the EL Dac. I didn't really like the Vali when using my Modi Multibit but when I tried it with the EL Dac it sounded so much cleaner with better detail.

There's a lot of good desktop options when it comes to amps and dacs. I'm looking to upgrade eventually to a balanced amp/dac, something like the Monolith AAA, Topping DX7s or even the one from Klipsch.

13. MarCo7
    Those amps plus the Sabaj D5 are the ones I'm considering at the moment. I don't have much space so I want to keep it compact with an all in one. Hoping to find a deal in the next month or so and then I'll bite.

14. Dawnrazor
    I just upgraded my amp to the Hafler HA75. Its probably not good enough because its doesnt have a fancy pedigree or isnt the latest and greatest but its a heck of an amp and is making my M1060s sing like never before. It wouldnt have helped the Sendy's soundstage at all BTW....

15. CoryGillmore
    I just can't get over how the Aiva is so damn detailed yet never even comes close to being fatiguing. The MDR-Z7, which lacks that treble sparkle, is more fatiguing than the Aiva to me.

trellus likes this.
First

Back
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last