New Member Introductions thread
Jul 31, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #10,396 of 15,533
Hi all,
I'm looking for a new headphone amp to replace my LCX. I'm looking forward to talking with all of you about headphones and amps.

Welcome @minmsee,

If you're looking for a good head amp to replace your LCX, as an amp guy, I suggest checking out my profile list for possibilities.

Feel free to start a thread in the head amp sections if you haven't already & or PM me for advice.

Apologies to your wallet in advance !

Hope you have a great day !

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #10,397 of 15,533
Welcome @minmsee,

If you're looking for a good head amp to replace your LCX, as an amp guy, I suggest checking out my profile list for possibilities.

Feel free to start a thread in the head amp sections if you haven't already & or PM me for advice.

Apologies to your wallet in advance !

Hi @PaganDL
Thank you for your kind welcome message. I've already posted my question to https://www.head-fi.org/threads/whats-wrong-with-musical-fidelity.747496/page-3#post-15089150 . I'm not sure if this thread was suitable for my question. I checked your profile page and found so many rigs. They are amazing!

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #10,398 of 15,533
Hello Everyone,
I joined after lurking for quite sometime and to continue feeding this habit. I hope to have some good experience on the buy/sell board, but also a few try out a few mods. I have the "honeycomb" wallnut grills for my 1060 coming in a few days, so lets see how they turn out. I'm a sucker for a great looking pair of woody headphones. I'm probably going to look into tube amp advice, and maybe new closed back can. Right now I've been listening to my Fostex t60's almost exclusively. I tried to padswap them for more comfortable pads, but it ruined the sound, so back to stock it is.

Jul 31, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #10,399 of 15,533
Been a lurker for far too long and finally joined to be able to personally interact and thank all those that have provided guidance over the years. I thought I was a fully recovered audiophile but recently have acquired more gear than I care to admit. At least headphones don't take up that much space .

Aug 1, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #10,400 of 15,533
Hi @PaganDL
Thank you for your kind welcome message. I've already posted my question to https://www.head-fi.org/threads/whats-wrong-with-musical-fidelity.747496/page-3#post-15089150 . I'm not sure if this thread was suitable for my question. I checked your profile page and found so many rigs. They are amazing!

Thanks @minmsee,

I did look at your question under that link already so no, wrong section though I would suggest for specific gear related questions, try either the Head Amps (Full Size) or Portable Headphone Amps threads.

As said, happy to answer any questions you have about head amps.

Aug 1, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #10,401 of 15,533
Hi Everyone, I'm a new member but have been lurking for a bit on these threads. I started getting into headphones at the start of this year with the HD6XX, and now I'm at a 64audio A6t and ZMF Verite. The people warning me about what a rabbit hole this hobby is were not lying. Now I'm looking to try some Planars to hopefully round out my collection. Looking forward to talking with you all!

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #10,402 of 15,533
Hello everyone!
I like to do research on good yet cheap audio gears as I consider myself to be a beginner audiophile on a very tight budget. I currently own Yincrow RW9, KSC75x, ATH-M40x, and just recently ordered a used SE-CH9T to see how it compares to my M40X since I heard many people call them some of the best for their price range.

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #10,403 of 15,533
Hello,
I'm pretty amateur when it comes to high end audio, but I'm looking to upgrade my setup. I've actually come here to purchase some lcd-s fazor's of possible. Right now I just have a of M50x and a Fiio e10k, but Id like to go to some meetups learn what makes a good pair of headphones. I'm In the Nashville area. Hope to talk with some of you soon.

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #10,404 of 15,533
Thanks @minmsee,

I did look at your question under that link already so no, wrong section though I would suggest for specific gear related questions, try either the Head Amps (Full Size) or Portable Headphone Amps threads.

As said, happy to answer any questions you have about head amps.

Thank you for your advice. I'll post my question again to the thread. Head-fi is a very good place to talk about cans and amps, isn't it?

Aug 2, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #10,407 of 15,533
Hi,
Thanks for having me on the forum,
I'm here cos I'm interested in all aspects of HiFi but hoping to pick up a lot from you guys regarding cans and amps.
My present system:
Raspberry Pi / Hifiberry dac + pro streaming to an Yaqin mc-13s tube amp and a littledot MK2 headphone amp.
My speakers are Q Acoustic 3050 floor standers and at the moment my cans are Beyerdynamic DT440 (1982 vintage) Though I'm hoping to use your expertise regarding upgrading them.
I'm also interested in Tube rolling in the Little dot and acquired many different flavours of tube that I'm playing with.

Aug 2, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #10,408 of 15,533
Welcome!

Aug 4, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #10,410 of 15,533
Hiya,

thanks for unlocking the posting permission :white_check_mark:

just got introduced to the audiophile world and head-fi recently with the acquisition of the LG V30 with its SABRE ("quad") DAC; years ago I got myself an Asus Xonar card (from Realtek onboard sound) for the PC and noticed how much of an improvement even one superior part of the chain already can make !

In the meantime got introduced to the chi-fi hype and market through AINUR (an audio mod for android phones) telegram group. Since then a few chi-fi IEMs have accumulated (Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD, Tin HIFI T2, KZ AS10, ****; before all that the Xiaomi Piston V2) and the next upcoming is the NX7 from NICEHCK.

With this hobby it seems only the sky (or not even that) is the limit :o2smile:

Loving how more detailed, refined and fun music can sound with those head-/earphones - they clearly outclass the "regular" (even top of the line "cheapo") headphones that can be had in the electronic stores / supermarkets or Amazon (Creative EP630, Philips SHE3580).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back