New Member Introductions thread
Oct 24, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #4,412 of 15,585
Hi everybody!! Oh my Denmark huh? Hows the weather there?? I'm a new member as well and live near Chicago. This seems like a great site. Welcome

My name is Morten. I live in Denmark where I am studying to become a chiropractor (finished June '17) and I stumbled into this vast vault of useful info and awesome gear-heads just a few days ago!

I am an aficionado of quality in many forms... It started out with mechanical watches.. Which was joined by writing with fountain pens... that got accompanied by straight razor (wet) shaving... and now that my beloved Sony IEM's was snatched up by a bike-wheel.... I'm looking into the world of quality of sound..... *wallet goes and cries in the corner*

I am looking forward to learning more about the finesse of SQ and the enjoyment of having those A-HA moments with music and hi-fi.

Oct 24, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #4,413 of 15,585
Hello,

I'm Barry from the great state of New Hampshire :) My love of music has been reinvigorated over the past two years thanks to the PONO hi-res music player. Since then I have been trying different headphones and IEMs to help me reach music nirvana. I think I am near there. I just wish I would start seeing more remastering of classic rock and folk albums in hi-res flac. But I have a healthy catalogue for now.

Right now I have the PONO coupled with a set of Cardas A8 ear speakers. I'm liking this combo, especially with the PONO balanced cables.

Anyway, that's my story. I'm no audiophile, although I have learned a lot about audio over the past two years. I am here to absorb from others and maybe note a few findings of my own.

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #4,414 of 15,585
Hi everybody!

I'm a drummer, "photographer" and music lover

Happy owner of Shure SE 215, Noble 5 classic and Fiio X3 2ndGen

Hope to learn a lot from all of you guys, an looking for a new pair of DD in-ear

Cheers from Italy 
beerchug.gif

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #4,416 of 15,585
Hi DrumsFillo,

Although I am a PONO owner/enthusiast, I bought my wife a FIIO X1 last year. I was impressed with the sound, so much so I was considering picking up an X5 for myself to back up my PONO, for when I am out on a hike or jog as the PONO isn't designed for that activity. And they both support the same FLAC files.

Oct 25, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #4,417 of 15,585
Hello everyone.  I'm a new member though I've been following some of the threads for a few months.

I recently got into the audiophile world.  Starting modestly with the following gear:

Philips SHP-9500 headphones
Onkyo H500BT headphones
Bose QC-15 headphones
Bose QC-20 headphones

FiiO E12 amp
FiiO E6 amp

My source is my iPhone 6s while traveling and my desktop PC with Realtek DAC supporting 7.1 dolby surround. I also have a Acer Aspire S7 laptop that has Dolby Digital Plus.

I play Tidal HIFI streams and high-resolution FLACs from online stores/CD rips as well as a couple of DSD sources using Foobar2000.

Looking forward to joining the discussions!

Oct 26, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #4,419 of 15,585
Hi,

I'm head-fi's newest rookie and I'm from Michigan. I've been lurking on the forums for a year or two now and finally decided to join. I consistently do intensive research on the site and have used that knowledge to invest in better headphones. I started with Bose TriPort, then moved to KRK KNS6400, and days ago stepped up to Beyerdynamic DT1350. The Beyers have changed my (audio) life. I am really starting to feel like a novice audiophile. I'm working on my source audio too, ripping hundreds of CDs to FLAC and trying to decide on a DAP. In the interim, I'm using my laptop and foobar2000.

I'm eager to continue my education in high-fidelity sound.

tdubya

Oct 26, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #4,420 of 15,585
Hi all.

I'm John from Dallas. Got my start with the Sony mdr-v6 a decade ago. Was happy with those for awhile, have since moved onto the Fidelio X2, the ATH-R70x and the Sennheiser 598. Loving them all but I had to get an Uber Schiit stack for the ATs.

Hope to learn more as i continue along with this hobby.

Oct 26, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #4,421 of 15,585
Hi all.

I'm John from Dallas. Got my start with the Sony mdr-v6 a decade ago. Was happy with those for awhile, have since moved onto the Fidelio X2, the ATH-R70x and the Sennheiser 598. Loving them all but I had to get an Uber Schiit stack for the ATs.

Hope to learn more as i continue along with this hobby.

Welcome John. Those Fidelio's are a great headphone too. Looks like you have a nice stable there, hope you're enjoying the music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back