New Member Introductions thread
Mar 29, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #3,406 of 15,524
Hello fellow addicts,

I'm pretty new, my hd650s turned one year old this week so I finally built a crack tube amp for it. I have been using the magni2/modi2 until now.

My motivation for joining this forum is I want to learn how to use a DAC with my surface pro 4 (it only has USB 3.0)

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #3,408 of 15,524
Hello! I recall the early days of MP3s and Napster, where I'd go for the 192kbps whenever possible. Finally decided to get into a slightly higher end setup. Graduating from the $20 IEMs.

Also getting the wallet ready for quite the ride! 
tongue_smile.gif

I'm just glad I'm not the only one!

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #3,410 of 15,524
Hello Everyone...
I'm Butch, from the Philippines...
I recently became somewhat an audiophile...I started loving music, headphones, earphones, amplifiers, cables, etc. I am now a professional headphones / earphones repair technician. I repaired and modded quite many headphones and earphones already. I also made my DIY headphones amp. I have been looking into this website for 2 years now. Finally, I decided to join.

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #3,415 of 15,524
Hi all
Just wanted help in choosing iems.
In terms of budget fi there is 2 companies stood out.

1.1more design/xiaomi
2.Soundmagic.

They both make awesome headphones for the price.

Now I have soundmagic e10,xiaomi pistons 2.1,pistons 3(xiaomi in ear headphones.

I want to buy a new headphone and is confused between following headphones.

1.soundmagic e30s,Soundmagic e50s,Soundmagic e80s
2.Xiaomi in ear headphones pro (hybrid drivers) about to be launched in India on 6 April.

I want to buy xiaomi hybrids due to its lowest priced hybrid driver nature and the build quality. For me audio quality is important but what is the use to invest in such headphones if they can be used for only few weeks at best and breaks due to low build quality.

Xiaomi is the only company that makes headphones with an actual thought of make it as stretch break resistant as possible.
This is causing me to use Soundmagic e10 less frequent on the go making it last longer.
I have horrible experience with Soundmagic build quality in the past.

But my pistons 2.1 is almost 16 months old and pistons 3 around 7 moths not sure and I use these both headphones daily since bought.
Satisfied with sound quality along with such a good build quality.

So before xiaomi hybrids was launched in India , I was leaning toward to buy another Soundmagic line wasn't decided to take which.

If I wasn't on budget I would have bought all the mentioned headphones above.
But at the time I want only one to buy.
Please tell me if the sq on Soundmagic lineup would justify the cost and filmsy build quality if extra care taken to choose instead of xiaomi hybrids.
Please help me . I am in lurch here.
I would need your opinion.

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #3,416 of 15,524
I suggest you copy this post and put it in a new thread on the Introductions, Help & Recommendations board. I think you will get a better response to your questions. I have owned SoundMAGIC for a while now and I haven't had any build quality issues. I would actually describe mine as robustly built. FWIW. YMMV, obviously. That said, if you have had difficulty with SM build quality, perhaps you should go a different direction so you don't have to deal with that any more.

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #3,417 of 15,524
Hi!  I'm not new here, but have been active under the screen name kayandjohn.

My dear wife Kay passed away a while ago, and I am soon to be married to Ruthie, a lady who shares my headphone passion, who can discern subtle differences in headphone sound better than I can, and for whom my courtship involved purchasing her the headphone of her choice!

Hence, I have asked and jude has agreed to change my screen name to...

ruthieandjohn.

Thanks!

Apr 2, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #3,420 of 15,524
  Hi!  I'm not new here, but have been active under the screen name kayandjohn.

My dear wife Kay passed away a while ago, and I am soon to be married to Ruthie, a lady who shares my headphone passion, who can discern subtle differences in headphone sound better than I can, and for whom my courtship involved purchasing her the headphone of her choice!

Hence, I have asked and jude has agreed to change my screen name to...

ruthieandjohn.

Thanks!

What a nice story good luck.  Keep on listening

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back