New Member Introductions thread
Sep 12, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #10,577 of 15,552
Hi folks! Somewhat long-time listener and first-time poster here. This forum is a wealth of great info. Thanks to the mods for letting me in.

A couple years back I started to become aware of some minor but still appreciable hearing loss as a function of many years of concerts (both as a musician and a fan). As such, I did the only truly sensible thing I could: I went down a path of upgrading all my gear! Amp, pre, speakers, subs, turntable--the works.

I also am taking way better care of my ears. While my hearing is still pretty good though, might as well listen to music in the highest fidelity I can. That's just good science.

I just purchased an iBasso DX220 and I have a few noob questions about it, thus my taking a leap and joining in the discussions. Noob question number one: should I post my questions in a new thread in Help & Recommendations, or should I hijack this thread as others have done? -> https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...e-amp9-now-available-and-dc01.898388/page-521

As an aside, I also searched for the answers to my questions in advance, which included going through most of the 500 pages of that thread I listed above. Can't promise my questions aren't answered SOMEWHERE, but I made the effort! :)

Cheers!

Sep 12, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #10,578 of 15,552
Hi folks! Somewhat long-time listener and first-time poster here. This forum is a wealth of great info. Thanks to the mods for letting me in.

A couple years back I started to become aware of some minor but still appreciable hearing loss as a function of many years of concerts (both as a musician and a fan). As such, I did the only truly sensible thing I could: I went down a path of upgrading all my gear! Amp, pre, speakers, subs, turntable--the works.

I also am taking way better care of my ears. While my hearing is still pretty good though, might as well listen to music in the highest fidelity I can. That's just good science.

I just purchased an iBasso DX220 and I have a few noob questions about it, thus my taking a leap and joining in the discussions. Noob question number one: should I post my questions in a new thread in Help & Recommendations, or should I hijack this thread as others have done? -> https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...e-amp9-now-available-and-dc01.898388/page-521

As an aside, I also searched for the answers to my questions in advance, which included going through most of the 500 pages of that thread I listed above. Can't promise my questions aren't answered SOMEWHERE, but I made the effort! :)

Cheers!
Welcome, @Galactician!! It sounds like you have been through a pretty good chunk of the thread you list without finding the answers you are seeking. Technically speaking and just in terms of Head-fi rules and regs, questions are supposed to be posted in the Help & Recommendations forum. That said, in actual practice, you will find (if you have not already done so) that lots and lots of questions get asked all over Head-fi all day long. It's just the way it is. In your situation, I would probably just go ahead and start a new thread on the H&R forum with a title designed to get some attention for the DX220 and then list your queries in the body of the post. People will respond. Good luck!

Sep 13, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #10,580 of 15,552
Heyo, I've lurked here for a loong time, and just now made an account to finally start posting and actually buy something now that i'm looking for my endgame

Sep 16, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #10,588 of 15,552
Welcome to all the new people from all around the world. What a great global community we have here.
Thanks for introducing yourselves. Enjoy the site :)

Sep 16, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #10,589 of 15,552
Hey all. posting here to get approved to make posts in the for sale area. very active over on /r/avexchange under the same name and have bought a few things here already.
Welcome aboard, @gunnilinux!! I am sure you already know this, but just to remind or in case you don't, you will need a total of 15 posts in order to post in the classifieds. Good luck!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back