New Member Introductions thread
Sep 8, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #10,549 of 15,539
Hi everybody, my name is Lasse, and i am an electrical engineering student from Denmark. My interest is headphones and sound in general, where i use a lot of my school and free time in this matter. I recently aquired a pair of HD800S, which i think is TOTL. I'm looking forward to using this forum a lot more!

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #10,550 of 15,539
Hi everybody, my name is Lasse, and i am an electrical engineering student from Denmark. My interest is headphones and sound in general, where i use a lot of my school and free time in this matter. I recently aquired a pair of HD800S, which i think is TOTL. I'm looking forward to using this forum a lot more!
Welcome! What is TOTL?

Sep 8, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #10,553 of 15,539
Welcome, Lasse!

Sep 8, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #10,556 of 15,539
Greetings fellow audiophiles! My name is George, and I’m from Miami Beach, Florida. I just recently came across this website in my quest for a better, vaster sound experience. I love the concept of Hi-Fi and pushing one of my five senses to its luxurious limit. I currently don’t own any real premium headphones, but I plan to change that very soon. Currently I have 3 headphones (Astro A40s, Bose Soundsport, and Bose QuiteComfort 25). I hope to keep learning more as I go down this awesome rabbit hole.

Sep 10, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #10,558 of 15,539
Long-time lurker. Finally decided to join a few weeks ago. Nothing noteworthy in my collection yet, as I'm just starting it. All I have so far are Shure SE215's, Mod House Audio Argon Mk2, and a Micca OriGen+ DAC.

I'm finding I really like Fostex-based planars. One day, I'd love to join the Stax crowd and experience electrostatics, but for now I think planars are a good daily "workhorse" for me. I think next up might be a MrSpeakers Alpha Dog or Alpha Pro for me.

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #10,559 of 15,539
Hi everyone. Another lurker for quite a while.....I thought I had an account, turned out I was wrong and so signed up to join in :slight_smile:

I got into portable gear around 4 years ago on a trip to Japan - I purchased a pair of Sony's outstanding XBA-X5s and a NWZ-ZX1. It was a great excuse to rip my entire CD collection to FLAC and I started to purchase CD quality music too. I kind of lost my way a bit later on, the headphones are outstanding and I don't want or need other wired headphones but the latter I have to admit not really up to scratch. So definitely need a new source and probably have to try the headphones in balanced!

A few weeks ago, I purchased the Sony WF-1000XM3 after tried some cheapie Chinese TWE - the convenience of no wires is another level for on the go. Bloody excellent piece of kit!

Hopefully I have a focused plan for my mobile gear so I can get back to buying high res music, but I know how money pit hobbies can be!!!!

Looking forward to my time here!

Sep 10, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #10,560 of 15,539
Hi everyone. Another lurker for quite a while.....I thought I had an account, turned out I was wrong and so signed up to join in :slight_smile:

I got into portable gear around 4 years ago on a trip to Japan - I purchased a pair of Sony's outstanding XBA-X5s and a NWZ-ZX1. It was a great excuse to rip my entire CD collection to FLAC and I started to purchase CD quality music too. I kind of lost my way a bit later on, the headphones are outstanding and I don't want or need other wired headphones but the latter I have to admit not really up to scratch. So definitely need a new source and probably have to try the headphones in balanced!

A few weeks ago, I purchased the Sony WF-1000XM3 after tried some cheapie Chinese TWE - the convenience of no wires is another level for on the go. Bloody excellent piece of kit!

Hopefully I have a focused plan for my mobile gear so I can get back to buying high res music, but I know how money pit hobbies can be!!!!

Looking forward to my time here!
Welcome aboard, @snapandslide!! So very sorry about your wallet situation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back