1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Member Introductions thread

First

Back
692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701
703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712
Next

Last
  1. TheLastWord
    Hello,

Long time lurker. Previous headphones; Sennheiser HD6xx > Hifiman HE4xx > Beyerdynamic DT 1990. Current headphones are Focal Elex using with Topping D30 and Schiit Magni 2 uber. Eventually, I would like to get the Monolith THX aaa 788 and then I think I will be good for awhile.

Light - Man likes this.
  2. ShakeThoseCans
    Hi,

I've been lurking since October, 2018. I live in Canada, and sometimes things are a little more pricey.

So when I heard about Chi-Fi, I got curious. I used the Chi-Fi IEM threads to learn what to buy for the 11.11 AliExpress sale. I picked up a Tin Audio T2 (of course), an IEM that can't be mentioned here, a TRN V80, the EZ Audio D4, and some cheaper bargain-basement IEMs.

(I also have a TFZ T2 Galaxy from MassDrop, but I haven't really used it).

So far, the biggest winner from my Chi-Fi gamble is the TRN V80, which is amazing bass for the price. I'm not a basshead, but it's a really good transit IEM.

I didn't like the T2 so much - sure, it has great fidelity for the price, and is accurate. But it's neutrality bores me (I use a studio monitor when I need neutrality), and it lacks bass. I don't need a lot of bass, but I can't stand a headphone that basically erases what's in the source material. Turns out to be a good IEM for computer use, though.

The D4 just plain sucked, I gave them to relatives who needed earphones for their mobile devices. They came with nice cases, though.

Anyway, I've been following this forum because I didn't know what to buy after I lost / broke my Klipsch IEMs, which were amazing at the time. I've been hoping Chi-Fi could replicate what I was getting out of them. In general, some of the Chi-Fi IEMs give equivalent detail to the x7i, and exceed the price/performance point of the S4i. But many Chi-Fi IEMs either lack the detail, or have weird / unnatural tuning, harsh and piercing highs, too much brightness, and are not all-rounders.

Oh yeah, I also picked up a King Pro recently, which is great for jazz. And I have the VSonic Ares, but I can't figure out a use for it.

I'm still trying to figure out what I like. I like warm instead of neutral, fun instead of analytical, V and W-shaped profiles (but not exclusively), wide and deep soundstages, and directionality is very important. I'm not a big fan of brightness.

I'm reading Head-Fi threads because I want to learn more about how to optimize my Chi-Fi IEMs, since they often need work out-of-the-box.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    housed and Light - Man like this.
  3. pbjpie
    Hey all. I'm pbjpie, and have been a long time lurker. I decided that with my purchase of the Vali 2 and the SZ-1000s it was probably time for me to join the community I seemed to be gravitating towards for some time. I'm a big basshead, and a fan of warmer sound -- but I also enjoy my HD598s for casual listening! EDM is my biggest genre, but I listen to a slew of Hip-Hop, Jazz, Metal, you get the idea. Feel free to shoot me off some of your favorite albums, and I'll give them a listen!

Light - Man likes this.
  4. serman005
    Welcome aboard!!

5. kid vic
    Welcome fellow Canuck head-fi'er!

ShakeThoseCans likes this.
  6. inflames91
    Longtime lurker, thought i'd finally post here.
    I live in India
    Amassed a few gears in the past year or so.
    Beyerdynamic Amiron
    Beyerdynamic Xelento
    Focal Elegia
    Mrspeakers Aeon Flow Open
    64audio U8
    Beoplay H6

with Beoplay H6 being my first (which I bought after seeing the discussions on this site!)

Light - Man likes this.
  7. serveth
    Hi all!
    I've been following head-fi since a year I think, I read reviews and general information, it's time to become member :p
    not that I can add much from myself :)

Light - Man likes this.
  8. serman005
    Sure you can--welcome!!

serveth likes this.
  9. EvilMonkE
    Hey I've been lurking for awhile and thought i'd join for real. It said to post here first, so I am. This is site is cool for getting more perspectives on purchases and also for info on modding headphones.

10. TrustTheRobot
    Been lurking and gaining advice from here for years, joining to get more specifics :) Currently own akg q701's and 1more triple driver IEM's.

11. JeffChan
    So does anyone have any ideas for a wider (front to back) headband for a Sennheiser HD 800? Looking to spread out the pressure on the top of the head more. Any commercial products? DIY?

12. KPzypher
    Welcome, and yeah CHI-FI is going strong!!

ShakeThoseCans and housed like this.
  13. Nev83
    Someday you might =) welcome

serveth likes this.
  14. KevDzn
    A BIG WELCOME to all new members!

Wow! Looks like August is a busy month for new members. No matter if you're a long time lurker or first timer, really good to have more participants on this site.

Enjoy your stay!

housed likes this.
  15. IxIIxI
    Hello, I have just start getting into this hobby and discovering the world of IEM.

I found that this forum has a good community with lots of great info and useful advice, that's why I would like to join and perhaps try to contribute too.

Cheers.

First

Back
692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701
703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712
Next

Last