New Member Introductions thread
Dec 25, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #7,037 of 15,539
Yes they are great! I'm relatively new as well into this hobby, but have worked my way up to the HD 800s, but still find myself drawn to, and not unhappy with my 6XX. Its' fun to explore past, but yes a great entry in my eyes! Welcome and enjoy!
Oh well, 800s are expensive as hell, but i might get them one day.
Working on my engineering degree, so yeah at some point i will earn enough to buy something more advanced.
Glad to hear you are happy with the 6XX, i know i made a good purchase ^^

Dec 25, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #7,040 of 15,539
Evening All. Hope those of you that celebrate it have had a good Christmas thus far.
Been lurking for a while picking up bits of info here and there - big thanks for all your guidance thus far. I'm now looking to go 'to the next level' with some of my kit but need guidance from the learned ones.

Dec 25, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #7,041 of 15,539
Merry Christmas all!

New guy here. I found this website through google searches for technical information on the Bravo Audio V1, trying to fix mine. Long story short, I got it partly fixed, but am still having issues with it, but I will continue on that on a different thread.

I am a diesel engine technician, and technical adviser by trade, and think I will probably get great enjoyment out of the DIY section of the forums. I have quite a few tools that will come in handy with it, but at the moment, lack the technical understanding to do much with them in audio. Such as Meters, an Oscilloscope, and soldering equipment.

The current, entry set up I have is an AT2020USB+ for a mic and DAC. A Schiit Magni 3, and ATH-AD700X's. (I have my eyes on a set of HD600's or 650's and a Bottlehead crack though)

Dec 25, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #7,042 of 15,539
Hi all,

I just joined this forum and this will be my first introductory post. Looking to learn more in this deep hole of world of sound.

Currently using s8 exynos paired with w60 for my daily music needs. Not sure if LG v30 would make a significant difference so any insight would be nice.

Dec 25, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #7,043 of 15,539
I have been a ghost user for a while now,

I really enjoy reading review and discusses in this site

And decide to join to discuss more with music lovers all around the world.

My set up now is [Sony F886] + [64 Audio u2] and looking for upgrade in the future.

Dec 26, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #7,044 of 15,539
I've been using headfi as a reference guide when I choose new headphones, but now I want to be more involved and learn more about headphones and other audio equipments! very excited :)

I currently use the 6XX with Darkvoice 336SE and just ordered Audio-gd's R2R11!

Dec 27, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #7,047 of 15,539
Hey everyone, poor student here, looking for the best to buck thing out there ^^ Hoping to be able to purchase very high end ones one day and experience the true audio quality that is offered.

Dec 28, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #7,048 of 15,539
Greetings to everyone.
Been lurking this forum for a while but finally made an account. I am kind of a noob audiophile, mostly due to lack of funds.
Same story.

Been surfing the net looking for good quality neutral sound earbuds (not in-ear) and ran into this site many times but couldnt find any useful info about earbuds.
Maybe i will start a thread about that somewhere here soon.

Dec 28, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #7,049 of 15,539
Hi all,

Made an account a short while ago after a longer lurking period so thought I should say hello.

Home setup:
Windows > Foobar2000
Cayin iDAC-6 + Cayin iHA-6 or Woo WA7 + Woo WA7tp
Focal Clear or Audeze LCD-X​

Commuting/work setup:
LG v30 Android phone > UAPP
Dragonfly Red
Audeze SINE​

Current music preoccupations:
Dark, noisy electronic stuff
Soundtracks (particularly anime and game OST's)
Japanese doujin music​

Hmm, what else? I'm currently trying to keep myself from considering the Focal Utopia or the LCD-4. :darthsmile:

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #7,050 of 15,539
Ciao a tutti, mi chiamo Alessandro, vengo da Torino. Aiuto il traduttore, quindi perdonami per eventuali errori. Mi piace molto il campo hifi anche se è troppo costoso. Il mio impianto consiste in un paio di kro craft rev.B (con modifica crossover) e un aliantek D8, tutti molto modesti.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back