New Member Introductions thread
Dec 17, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #7,006 of 15,551
Hi all. New member here as well despite having lurked for a while. Prior to being a member, this forum has resulted in me buying a set of AT40's, a set of Senn 600's, a E17K Alpine 2, and an Asgard 2. Immediately upon becoming a member, I bought a Bimby off this board. Prior to this headphone kick, I was a two channel guy always searching for the holy grail. My current course is attempting to replicate the sound (or balance) of my two channel systems. I fear a tubed headphone amp and some higher end headphones are next on the list.

Dec 17, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #7,007 of 15,551
What's up everybody. I currently made an account after having lurked on reddit and the internet. I currently own, Audeze LCD-X, Senn HD6XX, V-Moda Crossfade 100, Audio Technica ATH-M50X, the Element DAC/AMP, and a sound blaster x7 sound card. Currently on the hunt for a balanced setup !

Dec 17, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #7,008 of 15,551
I have been looking around here for years but never posted or registered until today. I used to be into car audio as a punk kid but as I have grown older I came to realize that a car is probably the WORST possible place to try and produce any quality audio. I since have been getting into the in-ear stuff. I have a pair of ATHM30 at my computer desk and was looking to possible amplify them. I use earbuds when I am running loud equipment and was hoping I could use the same amp (portable) in my pocket to give my earbuds more umpf. I cut my SoundMagic e10 with a chainsaw so I am in the market for something new there. I am by no means rich and do not intend to spend a lot on any of this. I would prefer to save by buying used, for the same reason I like to buy into build quality over flawless sound in order to mitigate replacement costs.

I was hoping to get a $100ish portable amp used in the $75-$90 range. ToppingNX5 caught my eye due to its curves (or lack thereof) Fiio A5 seems to have a ton of fans. Here are my top 3 factors when looking for a product. (#4 is a given but I wanted to be specific)

1. Price - Cannot be over $100
2. Quality - I want this thing to last, possible from some environmental abuse
3. Battery Life - I go far into the forest and do not return for days. It would be nice to know I can jam on my way out too.
4. I want to be able to appropriately drive those ATHM30 cans and I am in the market for a replacement for what I lost in the SoundMagic e10. These will be paired up with my smartphone until I get a standalone player.

Thanks for being here and putting in all the time and research you all have.

Dec 18, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #7,010 of 15,551
Salutti a tutti!
New camarade from Spain here. Hope we have a nice travel and good winds.

About my hifi understanding: 0
So I expect to learn a lot and try to offer something to this Alice in Wonderland forum of the hifi you have created.

Danke!

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #7,011 of 15,551
Greetings from a Ukrainian living in the UK. just for a reference, my current audio setup right now consists of the M50x's from audio technica and a pair of crappy apple earphones. I hope I'll look at this post a year from now, and shake my head at my scrubbiness.

Been eyeing this forum for a bit, seems like an awesome community to share the love of all things hi-fi, so I'm ready to learn and try to contribute in any way I can!

Dec 18, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #7,013 of 15,551
Hi,
i'm from germany and actually a long time member - meinname - but my password seems to be invalid and also password reset mails seem also not to come through.
So here my new accout.

A bit about me. I'm into C-IEM since some time. I started with modded Tripple Fi (by UM) and later Miracles by UM and just when flinkenick was starting with his shootout i ordered Spiral Ears 5 Ultimates.
And i'm also into Bluetooth solutions as i'm a iPhone fan and want to have something for on the way.

Dec 18, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #7,015 of 15,551
Greeting from Saudi :)...

I don't consider myself an audiophile but I love HIFI music...
My current gear: Sony XBA-H3 + Philips X2 - Chord Mojo.
Planning to add Fostex TH900 and Shure 846 to the family :D.

Dec 19, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #7,017 of 15,551
Hi,
I've been lurking in the forum a long time ago actually but just registered here after purchasing the HD6XX.
Before this, I've been playing around with some mid and cheap iems. So, buying the HD6XX is a big jump for me.
Currently my mission is to find the perfect Dac/Amp for it.
As I move around and travel a lot I hope I can find dac/amp that is trans-portable.
I hope it will be my first and my end game. Lol.

Dec 19, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #7,018 of 15,551
Good Morning,
Just joined the other day. I found my way over from AK. I have been into home audio since a wee lad and since I travel for work a lot and decided to step up my HP game. I look forward to learning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back