New Member Introductions thread
Dec 29, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #7,054 of 15,537
hi.. been a silent reader this whole time. created an account today, just in case. not a native english speaker. thanks :)

Dec 29, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #7,055 of 15,537
hello all,

longtime lurker, finally decided to join up...

looking for advice on a portable player, a set of IEM's and then finally a home setup with possible Audeze lcd-3 and whatever else i need to go with them.

will apologize in advance for the possible dumb questions coming

Dec 30, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #7,058 of 15,537
Hello- I’ve perused these forums for a few months, after a coworker got me into Hi-Fi audio. I already had two pairs of AKG K-501s. I added a Modi2U, Loki, and Vali2 for Christmas and listened all night to Holst, Vivaldi, Norah Jones, etc. It was heavenly.
My coworker let me test drive his Fostex TH-00X Purplehearts yesterday and I was shocked by the clarity in the low end. I could hear oboe keys being pressed in my favorite Tomaso Albinoni pieces.
When I saw a pair of Fostex TH-00X PH for sale, I made an account and spent all my cash.
Good to be here.
sngecko

Dec 30, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #7,062 of 15,537
Hi,

Been a lurker for years, dropping in every now and then when the bug for better audio would bite me.

For years I've been happy with an iphone and my beloved Ety 4ER-P's - I've listened to these for at least 12 years.

However, a few days ago a buddy took me to Echo Audio in Portland and I made the mistake of listening to TIDAL thru a Mojo dac/amp into some HD660s.
I left the store with a mojo and set of HD660s... I couldn't believe how much better full sized open cans sounded than my Ety's (which I still love, but OMG, what a difference).

Dec 30, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #7,063 of 15,537
Hi,

Been a lurker for years, dropping in every now and then when the bug for better audio would bite me.

For years I've been happy with an iphone and my beloved Ety 4ER-P's - I've listened to these for at least 12 years.

However, a few days ago a buddy took me to Echo Audio in Portland and I made the mistake of listening to TIDAL thru a Mojo dac/amp into some HD660s.
I left the store with a mojo and set of HD660s... I couldn't believe how much better full sized open cans sounded than my Ety's (which I still love, but OMG, what a difference).

Cool story :) . I'm with you. Was always an IEM guy the whole years. Bought a closed back headphone 3 months ago, although it's much cheaper than my iem, i didn't expect it would blow my mind right out of the box, it did, so is everyone in the house, lol. Bought an hd600 not so long after and now I'm done with my headphone quest. I feel very satisfied . Now i'm only interested to upgrade my source.
Still using my iem everyday for bed use. Can't laying down with headphones.
:)

Dec 31, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #7,065 of 15,537
Hi all, here another new member.

I'm not a huge audiophile but I like my music and can hear the difference between a budget and a decent audio system. Back when I was younger my car was setup for audio quality while also getting decent volume for the car meets. Good old days:).

I have been reading here a lot over the last couple of weeks before buying a new headphone to replace my old Sennheiser PC150 used for listening to music while working and making Skype calls. After a lot of reading and looking at reviews I ordered a SHP9500, which got delivered about a week ago. Got to say I love the sound of it, my wife liked it too much, once I have her the headphone to listen to it it was gone for a large portion of the evening. I also ordered boompro to make a headset out of it, this is still on its way.

The integrated soundcard of my laptop does not do the shp9500 justice and a usb soundcard I have is on its last legs so I also ordered a Sabaj D2 to power the headphones and to provide input to a set of active speakers I want to buy when ilwe moved to a bigger place for the home office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back