New iRiver AK70
Jul 4, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #151 of 1,293
Are you sure it is a non-Android or just a locked down Android?

It's definitely a kind of stripped down Android, though the ROM is almost as big as a lot of full Android ROMs. People don't actually dislike Android, the just think they do. So if it doesn't say Android, and it's heavily skinned, it's suddenly way better.

Jul 4, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #152 of 1,293
Hmm... been debating getting a new dap, something higher end as I don't have a really great dap.  I wasn't even aware of this coming out until today, and had been playing around with the idea of getting a Fiio X7 due to it's versatility.  As it is, the AK70 would fit just about any need I'd have for a dap, and I already have a Mojo to pair with it, as my current transport is a gen 1 Fiio X5.  The lack of a 2nd mSD slot isn't an issue for me, so I have no complaints there, plus I'd be happy with the 2.5mm balanced too.  Hmm...  do I really want to spend the money, or just keep using what I have and enjoy the sound.

Jul 4, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #153 of 1,293
It'd be interesting to compare the sound using my iPhone as a transport for the Mojo. After trying a number of DAPs, I've stuck with my iPhone as the sound is, subjectively for me, the best (excepting the AK380, which I haven't tried).

Jul 4, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #154 of 1,293
It'd be interesting to compare the sound using my iPhone as a transport for the Mojo. After trying a number of DAPs, I've stuck with my iPhone as the sound is, subjectively for me, the best (excepting the AK380, which I haven't tried).

What is the audio app are you use for iPhone?
Mine was iaudiogate

Jul 4, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #155 of 1,293

What is the audio app are you use for iPhone?
Mine was iaudiogate

Onkyo HF Player.

Jul 4, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #159 of 1,293
Dignis has come up with some cases for the AK70/Mojo combo which looks rather nice.

Photos taken from Dignis Japan's Twitter page.

Jul 4, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #161 of 1,293
How to order that case?
I really needs both :)
I don't think it's sold yet. But you can ask Dignis :-

https://twitter.com/dignis_jp

Jul 4, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #163 of 1,293
Sorry. Just subscribed to this thread. I've been eyeing the AK300 for sometime but the AK70 has got me more interested because of the small form factor...plus cheaper price. :)

Anyways, something has been bothering me recently. Every dap thread I've been to, people seem to pair them with the Mojo. I don't get it. Pairing amps with daps I understand. But isn't Mojo an dac/amp? Then what is the point of buying a dap? You might as well use an iphone/android phone and pair the mojo w/ that. Wouldn't the sound still be the same?

Maybe I've got the wrong understanding on how amps/dacs/daps work and I hope someone clarifies this for me.

Anyways, will be buying the AK70 when it gets out. Believe or not, I got interested because of the mint color. Lol...it's just...different and refreshing.

Jul 5, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #164 of 1,293
Sorry. Just subscribed to this thread. I've been eyeing the AK300 for sometime but the AK70 has got me more interested because of the small form factor...plus cheaper price. :)

Anyways, something has been bothering me recently. Every dap thread I've been to, people seem to pair them with the Mojo. I don't get it. Pairing amps with daps I understand. But isn't Mojo an dac/amp? Then what is the point of buying a dap? You might as well use an iphone/android phone and pair the mojo w/ that. Wouldn't the sound still be the same?

Maybe I've got the wrong understanding on how amps/dacs/daps work and I hope someone clarifies this for me.

Anyways, will be buying the AK70 when it gets out. Believe or not, I got interested because of the mint color. Lol...it's just...different and refreshing.
Personally I'd like to keep my phone separate as the phone battery drains fast enough, unless I carry something like the Cypherlabs -dB which would charge at the same time (the Cyperlabs has a large battery, not like the Venturecraft).

Jul 5, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #165 of 1,293
Just went to thier official kr website still not available yet
frown.gif

Email him. He updates faster on Instagram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back