NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
May 24, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #1,036 of 3,483
Anyone have thoughts on the Atlas vs the Noble Kaiser 10 / Encore?

I was recently forced to sell my beloved Kaisers following a nasty real estate scam having moved from Perth to Melbourne. As I’m also wanting to establish a headphones review blog I figured I should go with something different from the Noble sound.

I have written a comprehensive review of the Kaisers, but long story short I am after something that will impress me as much when listening to Tubular Bells as John 00 Fleming. Progressive trance is my go to music but on occasion I’ll want to be wowed by Mike Oldfield, Pink Floyd, Insomnium, and others that call for excellent resolution and crystaline presentation.

I have Vega and Kaiser for last year and now I also have Atlas.
6ENth6O1byM.jpg

vU2JCgdX7yI.jpg

When I got and listened Vega I decided to sell my Angie, and soon after this I also sold A18 tsar. At the end I listened only Vegas and Kaiser and listened vegas 80% of time. On sound they quite different and I think Vega more musical and natural, but Kaisers more technical and detailed. didn't compare Atlas head to head to Vega and Noble - but feel I will love this earphones, they are definitely more interesting than Vega, but I am not sure they can fully replace them. they are quite different in their character. in first impressions Atlas maybe even more close to kaisers than to Vega - but it's just first thoughts, I don't really know it yet.

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #1,037 of 3,483
got mine Atlas today, also hearing it with hugo 2.

KKBfPPVBc5M.jpg

also have a question - if I remove the cable - how can I understand which earphone is right and wcich is left?

The IEM is symmetrical so it doesn’t matter

May 24, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #1,040 of 3,483
Interesting comparison, thankyou. :) The Kaiser’s technical prowess, detail retrieval and resolution is unlike anything I’ve ever heard. I’m hoping the Atlas has a similar ability, although the two are as likely to be as different as can be in their overall signatures.
yeah, Atlas definitely more detailed than Vega, has bigger soundstage and in general more audiofilic earphones. But this has also own minuses not only pluses. maybe for some old rock music Vega still be the best. I love it very much for energy it has, especially during my workouts..

May 24, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #1,041 of 3,483
OK my Comets arrived about an hour ago, and I'm extremely pleased. First of all, the packaging, accessories, and unboxing experience are excellent for the price point. Storing the individual earpieces in their own felt bags is an excellent touch that really helps convey the boutique feel one expects from a Campfire.
Sound-wise, the signature is basically what reviews have described, ever so slightly warm but linear and balanced overall with airy highs that avoid any obviously unpleasant or fatiguing spikes. I'm impressed with detail, separation, and relative bass punch for a single BA. They handled Tom Petty's Casa Dega and The Weeknd's Love to Lay back to back with equal aplomb, which is decidedly uncommon in my experience at least. I'll comment more once I've had some time to A/B against the LZ A4 and the Pinnacle P1 which I think are other solid contenders in the $200 space, but overall these seem like excellent IEMs period, let alone for $200.

May 24, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #1,042 of 3,483
The more I listen to the Comets, the more I like them. They're so nicely balanced and musical. You can drift off sleeping because they're so...melodic.

Also, they're surprisingly good for watching video games stream too. Amazing job with the sound effects. Feels spherical and 3D.

May 24, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #1,043 of 3,483
got mine Atlas today, also hearing it with hugo 2.
also have a question - if I remove the cable - how can I understand which earphone is right and wcich is left?
I'm just guessing here, but I suspect they're exactly the same and it doesn't matter. I think that's part of the genius of this housing design from a manufacturing standpoint. You only have to make ONE earphone, rather than have a line of Left and a line of Right in production. Scale can be a wonderful thing for cost.

May 25, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #1,044 of 3,483
The more I listen to the Comets, the more I like them. They're so nicely balanced and musical. You can drift off sleeping because they're so...melodic.

Also, they're surprisingly good for watching video games stream too. Amazing job with the sound effects. Feels spherical and 3D.
What DAP or 'phone are you using?

May 25, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #1,045 of 3,483
Impressions of Atlas after having for a couple of weeks. Really pleased. My other IEMs are SE846. The Atlas has really good sub base, balanced sound, not harsh. As the L/R are not super easy to identify ordered the ...

from Campfire. The medium create (for me at least) a perfect seal while not causing discomfort over time.

Paired with Chord Poly/Mojo - Tidal HiFi (iPad Pro) - Poly Hotspot mode. Will try them with my Chord Hugo2 next.

Not cheap IEMs but meeting my expectations.

Hello,
I own SE846 too, so I'm very interested! Could you give more details about the comparison with the Atlas ? What about fit/comfort and sound : subbass, medium, treble and stereo image for instance ? I would like to know if I should upgrade or not.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Nicolas

May 25, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #1,047 of 3,483
May 25, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #1,050 of 3,483
I've spent a couple hours with Comet so far today, and I'm impressed with three things in particular. 1) They shine with every genre I can throw at them. 2) The sense of clarity and air that I can only presume is the T.A.E.C. at work. 3) The poise with which Campfire walked the line between detail and musicality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back