1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Next

Last
  1. MyPants
    Your Comet review sold me Comets... The only other single-BA I've heard is the FAD Heaven II which I really enjoyed tonally but ultimately returned due to the wildly microphonic flat cable you can't replace, so this will be an interesting addition to the stable.

2. Colors
    I doubt you will dislike it.

MyPants likes this.
  3. Rlin987
    You can make it to space grey like iPhone..

4. ExpatinJapan
    19B9E315-B69B-4473-BA86-BB1D909BC978.jpeg

Layer upon layer

4.4mm and Atlas...

hybridnut, B9Scrambler and Colors like this.
  5. B9Scrambler
    Comet is photogenic :)

IMG_20180522_180532_540.jpg

junix, MyPants, Colors and 2 others like this.
  6. hybridnut
    Which cable you used?

7. bvng3540
    It look like the cable that come with the atlas

8. kingkikapu
    I’d much rather dream of a brushed nickel finish

Either that or anodized sexiness. Leave the gold to the Kardashian’s.

tim0chan likes this.
  9. ExpatinJapan
    Same as the stock but this one is terminated at 4.4mm ( Campfire Audio).

10. radici
    Would these be overkill for use with an S8+? I’m coming from Oriveti Primacy (the ones before the latest) and I am looking for an upgrade that I won’t feel need to switch from in quite a while. I may add an IFI Nano DSD if it will really unravel the full potential of the headphones, I figured that would be a better option than buying a DAP.

Right now, I’m tossed up between these, Heir Audio iem 10.0, Beyerdynamic Xelento and Noble K10. I mostly listen to reggae, rap/hip hop, r&b, rock, some pop and some jazz and prefer strong bass, instrument separation, good clarity and a spacious soundstage.... more the fun and warm type taste. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, or even just point me somewhere where I can better find help if not this thread. Thanks in advance.

11. Stranger Than Fiction
    Anyone have thoughts on the Atlas vs the Noble Kaiser 10 / Encore?

I was recently forced to sell my beloved Kaisers following a nasty real estate scam having moved from Perth to Melbourne. As I’m also wanting to establish a headphones review blog I figured I should go with something different from the Noble sound.

I have written a comprehensive review of the Kaisers, but long story short I am after something that will impress me as much when listening to Tubular Bells as John 00 Fleming. Progressive trance is my go to music but on occasion I’ll want to be wowed by Mike Oldfield, Pink Floyd, Insomnium, and others that call for excellent resolution and crystaline presentation.

12. Hanesu
    In my opinion spending a bigger amount of money for an earphone makes a lot more sense than spending it on a DAP (or external DAC), because a DAP (or external DAC) will only improve SQ by a little margin, while the difference between a good and bad earphone can be huge!
    In other words: Sources are often overrated and there is nothing wrong and no overkill if you use a high end IEM like the Atlas with a smartphone!
    It s a different story if you need amplification with a bigger headphone, though....

Well that is just my two cents...

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  13. ExpatinJapan
    BCA8FAAD-79C3-4B9D-9F35-AA278E15DC5D.jpeg 92FF3D26-08F5-4038-8C1B-9347128975BB.jpeg 7B61CC65-E0E0-42BF-B711-4B83E318D0B7.jpeg

A couple more shots of the 4.4mm cable with the iBasso DX200 amp4.

Colors and B9Scrambler like this.
  14. hybridnut
    How can I get the 4.4 mm stock cable? I understand that the original cable come with 3.5 mm

15. ExpatinJapan
    Probably it will be up on the CA store soon.

39A3E1C7-3CBC-4BBF-ABCD-7C3504C8603E.jpeg

Theres always the SXC-8 pictured here with the Comet. But I havent given it a good try with the Atlas yet.

Not sure which cable Ken recommends a few pages back.

Stock cable is very good, as always with Campfire Audio.

B9Scrambler likes this.
First

Back
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Next

Last