NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
May 25, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #1,051 of 3,483
I was having a hard time deciding the CA Atlas and the EE Phantom, so I decided to get the Phantom. As usual, I changed my mind at the last minute, postponed the Phantom, and ordered the Atlas last week. It arrived yesterday.

My initial impressions, after about six hours of listening with Spiral Dots and SpinFit CP-240s: I don't hear as much detail as with my BA IEMs, but I'm not sure about this yet. The Spiral Dots enhance the treble frequencies while reducing the bass frequencies (but to a reasonable level); the SpinFits do the opposite. This is all rather superficial but they're still new to me.

The most obvious benefit of the Atlas (with SpinFits) is the deep, impactful bass. I'm impressed so far.

In any case, I think the Atlas is a definite keeper.

May 25, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #1,052 of 3,483
got mine Atlas today, also hearing it with hugo 2.

KKBfPPVBc5M.jpg

also have a question - if I remove the cable - how can I understand which earphone is right and wcich is left?
Hi...I have the Hugo 2 also, but am clueless about your U-shaped cable ...what is that and what does it do?

May 26, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #1,054 of 3,483
I’m only using TIDAL + iPhone X.
ah Yes, iphone makes a come back, since the iphone 4, 5 days. the X has really good SQ + ur source is Lossless. Tnx & Enjoy...

May 26, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #1,055 of 3,483
I was having a hard time deciding the CA Atlas and the EE Phantom, so I decided to get the Phantom. As usual, I changed my mind at the last minute, postponed the Phantom, and ordered the Atlas last week. It arrived yesterday.

My initial impressions, after about six hours of listening with Spiral Dots and SpinFit CP-240s: I don't hear as much detail as with my BA IEMs, but I'm not sure about this yet. The Spiral Dots enhance the treble frequencies while reducing the bass frequencies (but to a reasonable level); the SpinFits do the opposite. This is all rather superficial but they're still new to me.

The most obvious benefit of the Atlas (with SpinFits) is the deep, impactful bass. I'm impressed so far.

In any case, I think the Atlas is a definite keeper.
I ultimately decided on the included Final Audio tips. I think you need more time as they season. IMO, the best is yet to come and the details are all there. At this point, my guess would be the details sound or feel a bit lost in the in the impactful lower frequencies.

Last edited:
May 26, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #1,056 of 3,483
May 26, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #1,057 of 3,483
ah Yes, iphone makes a come back, since the iphone 4, 5 days. the X has really good SQ + ur source is Lossless. Tnx & Enjoy...

I just like the convenience. Less things to carry around when I’m commuting.

I actually recent bought a iFi Nano BL and it sounds great with my Comets. iEMatch + Measure mode gives it a real life like reference sound. Improves the SQ a lot. Again, tough to carry around while commuting haha.

May 26, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #1,058 of 3,483
I've spent a couple hours with Comet so far today, and I'm impressed with three things in particular. 1) They shine with every genre I can throw at them. 2) The sense of clarity and air that I can only presume is the T.A.E.C. at work. 3) The poise with which Campfire walked the line between detail and musicality.

You pretty summed up my thoughts about it. They’re versatile and do nothing wrong while being musical yet detailed enough to stimulate.

Something like the ER4XR is detailed but just overstimulates sometimes haha... sometimes you just want to listen to music. The Comets walk this fine line.

May 26, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #1,059 of 3,483
Something like the ER4XR is detailed but just overstimulates sometimes haha... sometimes you just want to listen to music. The Comets walk this fine line.
Funny you mention this because I seriously considered the ER4XR in choosing a single-BA IEM. I suspect the etys may be more analytical overall, but I'm happier to have a quality all-rounder than yet another IEM that only really works for some genres.

May 26, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #1,060 of 3,483
Funny you mention this because I seriously considered the ER4XR in choosing a single-BA IEM. I suspect the etys may be more analytical overall, but I'm happier to have a quality all-rounder than yet another IEM that only really works for some genres.

I have both and I prefer the ER4XR in the morning. Gets my mind stimulated and wakes me up.

Comets work anytime of the day though.

I still love my ER4XR though. Has a place in my IEM collection for its detail and analytical ability. Stairway to Heaven + ER4XR = :)

May 26, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #1,061 of 3,483
I ultimately decided on the included Final Audio tips. I think you need more time as they season. IMO, the best is yet to come and the details are all there. At this point, my guess would be the details sound or feel a bit lost in the in the impactful lower frequencies.

It gets better after maybe 50 hours of burn-in. Still, the lower frequencys bill be heard (an felt) clearly. It is still a quite "colored" experience, but burn-in and your brain will help you forget the idea of a "flat" monitor. More details soon.

Last edited:
May 26, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #1,062 of 3,483
It gets better after maybe 50 hours of burn-in. Still, the lower frequencys bill be heard (an felt) clearly. It is still a quite "colored" experience, but burn-in and your brain will help you forget the idea of a "flat" monitor. More details soon.
At this point, my Atlas are quite impressive. The treble is well extended, bass deep and textured and the mids are pleasant. The Atlas has become more balanced with time. They still have an incredible bass presence that provides the fullness to the signature but it is less overpowering than it was at first listen. CA does outdone themselves with delivering a kick ass listener experience.

May 26, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #1,063 of 3,483
I have Vega and Kaiser for last year and now I also have Atlas.
6ENth6O1byM.jpg

vU2JCgdX7yI.jpg

When I got and listened Vega I decided to sell my Angie, and soon after this I also sold A18 tsar. At the end I listened only Vegas and Kaiser and listened vegas 80% of time. On sound they quite different and I think Vega more musical and natural, but Kaisers more technical and detailed. didn't compare Atlas head to head to Vega and Noble - but feel I will love this earphones, they are definitely more interesting than Vega, but I am not sure they can fully replace them. they are quite different in their character. in first impressions Atlas maybe even more close to kaisers than to Vega - but it's just first thoughts, I don't really know it yet.

Same here. I had K10s and Vegas at the same time and went for the more musical Vegas more often so sold the K10s (even though I loved them). I also had the Atlas and Vegas at the same time and the Atlas brought back some memories of the K10s, but with everything I loved about the Vegas too.

May 26, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #1,064 of 3,483
Hi...I have the Hugo 2 also, but am clueless about your U-shaped cable ...what is that and what does it do?

its coaxial which I use during my train commuting for my fiio x7ii. at home and in the office I use usb input, so just connect coax cable to 3.5 port for convinience and for not to lose it)

May 26, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #1,065 of 3,483
any vega to atlas upgraders who still prefer their Vega to the atlas - thinking of upgrading - but just didn't like the andros - so concerned at the frequent reference to them being a blend of the two

I kept the Vegas and Atlas for a bit, but ultimately sold the Vegas (it wasn't an easy call). If the Andros highs where what turned you off then I don't think you will like the Atlas. If you just just loved the Vegas tuning, but were ok with the Andros highs, then you'll love the Atlas. The Atlas really is a blend of the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back