NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
May 27, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #1,081 of 3,483
I kept the Vegas and Atlas for a bit, but ultimately sold the Vegas (it wasn't an easy call). If the Andros highs where what turned you off then I don't think you will like the Atlas. If you just just loved the Vegas tuning, but were ok with the Andros highs, then you'll love the Atlas. The Atlas really is a blend of the two.
getting closer to exactly what you did; love the Vega but dont need both. What are "perfectly mint" Vegas selling for now? and-did you sell through here?

May 27, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #1,084 of 3,483
thx...u glad you made the trade-no reservations? Listen to my Vega almost more (w SXC8 cable) than I do my Ether Flows....wasnt thinking I needed to change gear for awhile...

Same here - Got rid of my Flows as well. Always went for the Vegas even when home.

No regrets WRT sound. The only things I miss are: 1) I prefer the fit of the Vega. 2) I prefer the style of the Vega.

May 27, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #1,086 of 3,483
The iFi Nano BL is a great match with the Comets btw. IEMatch + Measure mode = reference-like sound while keeping the fun signature of the Comets.

@ExpatinJapan Saw your reviews on both. Please confirm!

Yes, on the iEMatch port at 4 Ohms OI it seems to tame the bass a bit and makes them more even.
Plus with the measure switch being a more neutral/ reference brings out the sound you describe.

I like the 1 Ohm port, seems a bit more full and layered. Keeps the Comet signature.

used Shanling m3s as source.

---------------------

Got my ipod touch 6G now working (Had to turn it off and on )

Similar results to the above. but less difference.
A good mix, Apple, ifi and Comets.

————————-

I think the Comets can scale up more with a mid fi dac/amp (ifi xDSD or a dap).

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #1,088 of 3,483
Yes, on the iEMatch port at 4 Ohms OI it seems to tame the bass a bit and makes them more even.
Plus with the measure switch being a more neutral/ reference brings out the sound you describe.

I like the 1 Ohm port, seems a bit more full and layered. Keeps the Comet signature.

used Shanling m3s as source.

---------------------

Got my ipod touch 6G now working (Had to turn it off and on )

Similar results to the above. but less difference.
A good mix, Apple, ifi and Comets.

————————-

I think the Comets can scale up more with a mid fi dac/amp (ifi xDSD or a dap).
What about the Nano iDSD and the Atlas?

May 28, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #1,090 of 3,483
I am.
I usually don't use single end on the R6 but Atlas cable is SE...but it does sound great
Yeah, I was considering maybe getting a Litz balanced 2.5 cable or even this https://campfireaudio.com/shop/alo-audio-tinsel-wire-cable/ if it comes back in stock soon.... but wanted some feedback on the Atlas R6 coupling first. I see the impedance on the R6 is 10 as opposed to 19 on Atlas, that doesn’t affect the sound significantly I’m guessing?

May 28, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #1,091 of 3,483
Yeah, I was considering maybe getting a Litz balanced 2.5 cable or even this https://campfireaudio.com/shop/alo-audio-tinsel-wire-cable/ if it comes back in stock soon.... but wanted some feedback on the Atlas R6 coupling first. I see the impedance on the R6 is 10 as opposed to 19 on Atlas, that doesn’t affect the sound significantly I’m guessing?

I am enjoying more on WM1A and DX150 but nothing with R6 is sounding off. You could get IFi IEMatch just to be sure if it concerns you. Sounds great to me but most recent listening is WM1A or DX150

May 28, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #1,092 of 3,483
I am enjoying more on WM1A and DX150 but nothing with R6 is sounding off. You could get IFi IEMatch just to be sure if it concerns you. Sounds great to me but most recent listening is WM1A or DX150
Interesting ... I'm actually tossed up between the R6 and DX150 to drive my Atlas. Will use S8+ till I get one of the 2 in a few months. You'd suggest the DX150 over the R6 for those iems?

Also what about adding IFI Nano iDSD? Thanks a lot for your feedback by the way.

May 28, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #1,093 of 3,483
Interesting ... I'm actually tossed up between the R6 and DX150 to drive my Atlas. Will use S8+ till I get one of the 2 in a few months. You'd suggest the DX150 over the R6 for those iems?

Also what about adding IFI Nano iDSD? Thanks a lot for your feedback by the way.

No battery life and FW make me not rec DX150, I am just enjoying the sound. The IFi xDSD sounds very very nice and is first amp/dac ever to not tax my Note 4. That is something you might wanna check before getting into the android dap game

May 28, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #1,094 of 3,483
How does the Atlas compare to the Andromeda? (I strongly prefered the Andromeda over the Vega).

And does the Reference 8 cable for the Andromeda also work on the Atlas?

May 28, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #1,095 of 3,483
The Atlas cables are all silver, no copper.

Kb

Can you get pure silver cables with 4.4 mm termination and balanced for the Sony?
Nevermind... I found my answer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back