1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
Next

Last
  1. Quadfather
    Can you get pure silver cables with 4.4 mm termination and balanced for the Sony?
    Nevermind... I found my answer.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  2. Quadfather
    You are going to make me cry. You are getting all the gear I want!

3. sorrick
    @Hawaiibadboy I’m quite interested to hear how you are finding the CA Atlas and EE Legend X compare with and/or complement one another.

4. KB Contributor
    https://campfireaudio.com/shop/litz-cable/

Just click on the right underneath price to change to 4.4mm.

Cheers

Ken

ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.aloaudio.com/
    robbi22 likes this.
  5. fuhransahis
  6. Stranger Than Fiction
    Very keen for impressions of the Atlas vs EE LX also.

7. Quadfather
    Impressions for the Atlas paired with Lotoo Paw Gold Diana, Questyle QP1R, and Sony NW-WM1A (balanced) please.

8. Audiophonicalistic
    Just purchased the atlas. I thought about maybe saving up for empire ears legend x but for now I think im gonna stay a cfa fan boy. Plus all my cables are for mmcx. Cant wait. Ill update my first impressions when I get them.

Quadfather, singingbee and Colors like this.
  9. mashuto
    Thanks to you jerks, I have an atlas on the way as well. When I got the vega I thought oh this is definitely my end game, Im done... yea, that worked out well for me. Though this time I think its going to be time to sell off some of my other less used iems.

Edit: I should say that from what I am reading, the bass quality and texture from the vega seems improved, and the atlas gives a somewhat similar overall signature, though perhaps with slightly less recessed mids and more air/sparkle up top and additional detail everywhere. Sounds nice. Also kinda looking forward to wearing these down, even though I have gotten quite used to the vegas. Going to have to see if its worth keeping both. Only other pair I am thinking about keeping right now is the MD+, probably time to say bye bye to the polaris, noble x, it03, p1 and maybe some of the other cheaper ones I have lying around...

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  10. KB Contributor
    Sorry yes, we have them but are just a little behind on getting them on the website, please stand by.

Ken

ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.aloaudio.com/
    junix and fuhransahis like this.
  11. r34p3rex
    Bit the bullet and ordered the Atlas this morning! Excited for some head rattling bass!

12. MyPants
    This has been my experience so far. They DEFINITELY sound better driven by my Cayin N5ii than they do right off my Moto G5+, and they sound even better driven by member XRKaudio's pocket class A amp. Although at that point the scaling starts to taper off.

singingbee and Colors like this.
  13. Arkady Duntov
    After a few more days with the Atlas, I have to agree with you: The details are there. Also, the lows go lower and have more impact than the W80 and the treble goes higher. The treble is comparable to the U5 ADEL, but not as spacious, and the bass, obviously, is much improved (not that I don't like the U5.)

I have a bit of trouble with the fit, but most tips don't fit me well on any IEM. Generally, if the CP-240 fits the IEM, it's the best for me. On the Atlas, I switched from SpinFit CP-240s to Final E XLs, based on your suggestion, and the fit is improved but still a bit fiddly. I think I might buy more of these.

singingbee likes this.
  14. subguy812
    Thank you...I have been singing the praises at the risk of being labeled a fanboy. That is not the case, what is the case is that they really hit a sweet spot with me. At the end of the day if the fit works and you have comfort, it all comes down to a sound signature that really agrees with you. I have never heard a TOTL IEM that sucked but I have had signatures that I enjoyed more than others.

singingbee and Benvoka like this.
  15. Colors
    If anyone wants an upgrade to the Comets, the Massdrop Plus might be a good option. Does a lot of what the Comets does except with more clarity and sounds more linear. Very comfortable and great isolation too. Very glad I have both though :)

singingbee likes this.
First

Back
64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
Next

Last