1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Next

Last
  1. ExpatinJapan
    There you go :wink:

I will have to hook it up soon and give it a listen.

2. radici
    Thanks... helps a lot. Think I’ll get these and the IFI nano.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  3. Audiophonicalistic
    Very true. Headphones will make the biggest difference but if you do pair it right sometimes then the symmetry between source and headphones is pretty crazy. For example my shure 535 is good but when paired with ak jr, they were unbelievable. Since then ive tried a multitude of daps hi end and low end and nothing worked better together so far. They all sound good with small differences but they werent special. I found it quite interesting.

MyPants and Colors like this.
  4. mrhizzo
    There is anyone who can compare the Xelento with the Atlas?

5. Colors
    Thinking of getting a silver MMCX cable for my Comets haha. I justify this by saying the cable can be used with future IEMs...

@ExpatinJapan Do you think it'll make a difference?

6. traceon
    It absolutely will, you’ll hear a difference. Just don’t expect your friends to.

7. Giraku
    It does make some difference but not a significant difference. Sound signature stays the same. It's more like EQ doing a fine tuning.
    That being said, if you have any future plan of buying different IEMs with MMCX connectors, it may be a good investment to buy a nice cable. The problem is the synergy issue. Some IEMs go very well with copper cables while others do fantastic with silver, etc. Also everything is depending on personal preferences.
    So I suggest getting something like Effect Audio Ares II, which is relatively inexpensive, to enjoy a balanced connection.

Colors likes this.
  8. pacman46
    +1

9. paulgc
    Impressions of Atlas after having for a couple of weeks. Really pleased. My other IEMs are SE846. The Atlas has really good sub base, balanced sound, not harsh. As the L/R are not super easy to identify ordered the ...

upload_2018-5-23_13-6-23.png

from Campfire. The medium create (for me at least) a perfect seal while not causing discomfort over time.

Paired with Chord Poly/Mojo - Tidal HiFi (iPad Pro) - Poly Hotspot mode. Will try them with my Chord Hugo2 next.

Not cheap IEMs but meeting my expectations.

10. ExpatinJapan
    I tried the Comet with the Litz and didnt like the sound.

The SXC-8 is a bit heavy for the small Comets.

I havent tried the new (Atlas) silver cable with them yet.

Usually Campfire makes a good choice of stock cable with their iems.

Colors likes this.
  11. silverfishla
    It is a good stock cable that comes with the Comet. Sounds good and is made nicely. They provided it with a mic and controls (which I don't like personally) but I can understand why.

Colors likes this.
  12. Colors
    Would be 100% perfect without the MIC.

13. CalvinW
    Totally agree, the mic always gets in my way. Don’t know about everyone else, but if I wanted to use an earphone that has a mic, then I would just use the one that came with my phone. This cable had the chance to be perfect.

silverfishla likes this.
  14. CalvinW
    Just picked up the comet and looking for a cable upgrade. Any idea how much the atlas cable will cost? I was tempted to try the scx8 but the memory wire is such a big turn off, especially when I’m wearing the comet down.

15. ExpatinJapan
    Kervsky, fuhransahis, Colors and 3 others like this.
First

Back
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Next

Last