New Beyer DT1350
Jan 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #3,106 of 4,010
Quote:
Received my dt 1350's on Saturday... comfort issue aside I can see these being a long term solution for my portable needs.

Good to know.... thank you! Luckily, I rarely suffer any perceived discomfort from any of my cans (last one was the DT48 made of metal). I'll keep them on the shortlist.

Best

James

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #3,108 of 4,010
Quote:
I've got comfort issues too, an hour or so and I want a break from "the clamp". I do get a good seal and it is easy to find the best position for sound quality but I hope that comfort will improve with use. As people say, great isolation for a headphone and they don't fall off easily. 

Coming from open headphones I do feel the closed in nature less appealing with these, maybe the TH900 will be much better in that regard. I noticed bass! Bass is powerful, controlled and goes smoothly very deep. I prefer the SR325i for classical, jazz, acoustic etc. The DT1350 seem to be very analytical to me, as I believe they are intended to be. My taste is more toward musical phones like Grado usuals, HD650 over HD600 etc, less analytical types. I should really tend away from pro gear to consumer I think.

However these are really nice portables, great for public transport and that kind of space.

Yeah, personally I think I become adaptive about discomfort issue so it doesn't really bother as much as the first month.

Jan 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #3,109 of 4,010
A bit colourless..but highs still can handle pretty good most of the songs and able to give a sense of clarity. Detail and separation is not bad for this size. Even better than my z1000 to my ears (at least for now). Mids is more to a neutral sound which i like. What i love most is the bass. Bottomless and clean on the low end with a very pleasant impact presentation. It is a very good portable can. :)

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #3,110 of 4,010
Sometimes I find the little beyer sounding too smooth, its not boring nor there are problems with the treble, but its just TOO smooth like if

I'm running out of words. Anyone echo with me?

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #3,112 of 4,010
polar opposite would be a grado

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #3,113 of 4,010
I no longer have discomfort with these really, at least very rarely anyway. Mind you I usually only wear them for an hour or two at a time max.

Also, isolation continues to blow me away.

This morning in the office guys who are putting in new aircon units were doing EXTREMELY loud drilling, but with dt1350 on and some music lpaying at moderate volume I could barely hear it.

Who needs ANC?

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #3,114 of 4,010
finally said goodbye to my 1350....found myself taking out the denon1100 more often.
comfort is one issue these can-makers dun seem to GET IT. 
one-hour comfort is not gonna cut it... :frowning2:
ouchhh..

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #3,115 of 4,010
Quote:
polar opposite would be a grado

I have the SR325i. They are very different to the DT1350, not least is the open vs closed but the SR325i are a tad more aggressive/edge besides the mid sweet spot. DT1350 have the superb bass extension, isolation and very balanced overall, more analytic tendency. I prefer the SR325i for acoustic, but the DT1350 are lovely for rock/pop/artificial creations and it can get by well with acoustic also. The DT1350 are more fluid with brass, the SR325i tend to edgy/aggressive nature. Two very different headphones, both excellent, have their ideal place for use and close in price. 

I have serious discomfort after a hour or so with Grado L-cush, so I only use G-cush. The discomfort is much more acute than the first week using the DT1350, which is getting better every day, and no degrading of isolation. I have no depreciation in sound quality using G-cush, only an increase in comfort.

Jan 10, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #3,116 of 4,010
Quote:

The T5P sounds different from the DT1350. T5P highs are much sharper whereas DT1350 have good tonal balance. "Tesla" is more marketing than anything else. No one to this day can figure out what Tesla actually means in terms of design goals or implementation (other than 1 Tesla magnet in the T1 driver, but obviously not in others). Some of Beyer's classic line headphones are actually better than most of their full sized Tesla line headphones, the lower lines of which are pretty craptastic.

I'd like a T1 my self, and I hear the T90 and T70 are both pretty terrible remakes of the older cans... sadly
Quote:
Thanks for your vote Lorspeaker. :wink: People tend to wear big cans on the train, and I don´t think anyone on the train knew what TH900 is anyways.
But they do draw a bit of unwanted attention as shiny as they are. That´s also why I like DT1350. They look like any other normal headphones. Actually
the Ultrasone Signature Pro looks a bit stealthy too. I will have listen to them as well. But they seem a bit large. 

I will also consider Sennheiser HD25-II.

Thanks for the good advices and a happy new audiophile year!

I might shy away from the HD 25-II. the bass is great and so is the ioslation but it's VERY closed soundsing. The soundstage suffers BIG time and music sounds a little cluttered to me. Still for Edm it's nice but for Nu Jazz... it's pretty terrible
Quote:
I no longer have discomfort with these really, at least very rarely anyway. Mind you I usually only wear them for an hour or two at a time max.

Also, isolation continues to blow me away.

Yea I really want these for isolation... still wondering when I'll really need them though... going for a pair of iGrado [cheap $50 behind the ear head band Grado's for my work, since they are open and the headband is "running friendly] Who knows I do ALOT of weeding at my job to so... the Dt1350 might be nice. + In the summer I'm going to be working in the EARLY morning so... won't need to hear much then <3

Jan 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #3,117 of 4,010
Quote:
...and I hear the T90 and T70 are both pretty terrible remakes of the older cans... sadly

Where have you heard that? I think that would be a big misunderstanding from your side to assume that. The T70's are some of the best headphones I have ever heard. They were never supposed to be remakes of any older cans in any way either. Give them a chance. Both are better than DT-1350 to my ears... :)

Jan 10, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #3,118 of 4,010
Quote:
Where have you heard that? I think that would be a big misunderstanding from your side to assume that. The T70's are some of the best headphones I have ever heard. They were never supposed to be remakes of any older cans in any way either. Give them a chance. Both are better than DT-1350 to my ears... :)

I think Mal did a review on them although... that might have been about the T90 and I just accidently included the T70 in there...  excuse me for that!

Non the less I'd love to hear them both :D as I hate "quoting" ppl <.< but HEY just got my OWN CAR AND LISCENCE... so a Head-Fi meet is in my future and there I will be able to LISTEN TO SO MANY CANS

Non the less... I do like Byer and I'd love to hear the T Line! But I'm sure a "full size" can should sound better than a portable in most cases!

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #3,119 of 4,010
Hi all, about ready to pull the trigger on the 1350s, and am reading a lot about an inexpensivish amp that pair would compliment these. I'm thinking of the JDS Labs c241 or the NuForce Icon HD. I mostly listen to classical, but like all kinds of music. I typically listen to Rhapsody through my Android Iconia A700 tablet.

Any thoughts on how those amps might work with the 1350s, or other complimentary amp/dac suggestions? I would only use a dac sometimes, and so it seems more optional. It takes a long time to go through 208 pages, and so was hoping to just jump in here. :)

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #3,120 of 4,010
If you are using it as a portable. Just use your portable player. I used to have the JDSLab amp but didn't like the idea of carrying an extra item while listening. The DT1350 already provides quite a decent sound without amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back