New Beyer DT1350
Jan 10, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #3,121 of 4,010
Quote:
If you are using it as a portable. Just use your portable player. I used to have the JDSLab amp but didn't like the idea of carrying an extra item while listening. The DT1350 already provides quite a decent sound without amp.

Seconding this opinion.

I use a cowon C2 and I've tried several amps from cheaper models like the Fiio E11 to costlier ones like RSA's and the Pico. I personally find that the improvements the amp brings for portable usage is not really worth the price. However, for home usage I recommend the O2.

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #3,122 of 4,010
For home use, the Audinst HUD-mx1 has suited me quite well.  As others have said, on the go, I just use them straight out of my phone.  

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #3,123 of 4,010
I agree with what others have said. These phones have the ability to scale up with quality home amplification, but for portable use many of us just run them straight from our player and don't even worry about an amp. I impress others at work all the time just with my iPhone/1350 rig. 

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #3,124 of 4,010
I never tried those amps u mentioned. But i use my dt1350 mostly with my fostex hpp1. Sound very good especially with easy listening genres. But sometimes i also plug it to my rxmk3+clas db for dynamic genres such as pop/rock. The rxmk3 is very good being used for this kind of genres and dt1350 can respond very well. Looks like to me dt1350 can respond very well to my other amps too. But i can tell for sure is not going to have enough juice if plugged direct to ipod.

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #3,125 of 4,010
straight from an iphone or an ipad, sounds fantastic.

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #3,127 of 4,010
I commute by bus and used an E11 for a few days and could tell no difference. They isolate pretty well but there is still enough background noise/low rumble that I think it's pointless to use a portable amp. My Clip+ drives them just fine and as loud as I want them to be. 

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #3,128 of 4,010
The DT1350 perform fantastic with electronic, eg. Kraftwerk - Tour de France = delicious! This is opposite with T5p = aneamic.

... and certainly a high quality amplifier & DAC improve performance, HP-P1 is pleasantly refined maybe it's the start of significant improvement in portable with the DT1350? But no problem using direct from Macbook Pro or iPod Touch.

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #3,129 of 4,010
Quote:
I commute by bus and used an E11 for a few days and could tell no difference. They isolate pretty well but there is still enough background noise/low rumble that I think it's pointless to use a portable amp. My Clip+ drives them just fine and as loud as I want them to be. 

I find that the isolation on public transport is not really sufficient to warrant auxiliary amps. But when you get to a destination if the noise is low the amp becomes more desirable. 

Jan 16, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #3,130 of 4,010
Quote:

I find that the isolation on public transport is not really sufficient to warrant auxiliary amps. But when you get to a destination if the noise is low the amp becomes more desirable. 

This.

Jan 20, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #3,131 of 4,010
Hello everyone,
Since two weeks I am a owner of a DT1350. I'm very happy with it, specially with the tonal balance and the not emphasized highs (compared to my DT770 or K701). The only complaint is the discomfort of the pressure on the ears. I feel a bit like this after two weeks:

...just kidding...

What I would like to bring in two things that I think have not been mentioned so far in this thread.

First – Bass Reflex Hole

I've noticed a soughing only on the left side when I was putting the phones on my ear or pressing on it while listening to music. I thought that there was a problem with the seal of the left cup and that some air was coming out of the mounting hole for the headband. So I decided to take out the drivers as described on this site (thanks JFunk) http://www.customcans.co.uk/blog/?p=413
But with the cup open I saw that there's a tiny hole with less than 1mm diameter. This is the hole that is responsible for the soughing sound. The sound now still exists, but I'm no longer thinking that something is wrong with my headphones. I don't know why there is no such sound on the right side.
I guess this hole is a bass reflex hole like for example the DT770 have. For me it was surprising that no one has ever mentioned this hole, maybe they've added this hole in the newer batches? (my serial number is 14xxx)
I did not try out how it would sound with a covered hole because I like the bass at it is.

Second – lower headband pressure in new production? - doesn't fit well into the bag

When I took the Headphones out of the box and the bag I've noticed that the ear cushions on both sides was a bit dented (reversibly, on the photo in the red circles). In my opinion they don't fit well into the bag (on the photo in the yellow circle it can be seen well). Here's a photo of my phones:

Could it be that they've lowered the headband pressure a bit on the newer batches? Did someone experience the same thing? My serial number is 14xxx.

Kind Regards, cholero

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #3,132 of 4,010
I must alter the adjustment to place the DT1350 into the storage container, only I need to lengthen not shorten. 

I did notice the hole for air pressure relief. 

I love feeling the DT1350 drivers perform bass, and hearing them too! What a pleasure to have these headphones.

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #3,133 of 4,010
Quote:
The DT1350 perform fantastic with electronic, eg. Kraftwerk - Tour de France = delicious! This is opposite with T5p = aneamic.

... and certainly a high quality amplifier & DAC improve performance, HP-P1 is pleasantly refined maybe it's the start of significant improvement in portable with the DT1350? But no problem using direct from Macbook Pro or iPod Touch.

I agree. DT-1350 sounds like it is made for electronic music. But for jazz and classics T5p is much better with its higher resolution. 

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #3,134 of 4,010
Anybody else pairing these cans with the HM-601 (using its headphone out)? I have a smile on my face listening to the combination just now. I own various DAPs including the Sony X Walkman and Clip players and would no doubt declare that this combination is the best I've heard as of yet. The vocals, the bass! Just extraordinary! 

Jan 20, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #3,135 of 4,010
Any new updates from anyone in regards to the alternative Pads that can be purchased from Beyer?

From what I remember reading earlier in this thread the larger diameter pleathers are the better bet over the velours in terms of SQ?
Do they retain the 1350's delicious sub bass? Are they much more comfortable for longer listening sessions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back