New Beyer DT1350
Aug 3, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #2,101 of 4,010
Quote:
I own both of them but have to admit that the M80 is awaiting another owner already (the 1350 is older btw).
In direct comparison I can second what skyline said above: the M80 is to dark for my taste and the dt1350's bass seems clearer, deeper and simply more true to the recording (I mostly listen to electronic music when using headphones).
All in all I'd say the dt1350 should fit your bill, being more neutral and fast with far better treble extension. You should give it a try -- just got mine out to listen to it once again, still fascinating...

Hi Plakat,

Sonic neutrality is very important to me.
I was looking for a pair of travel cans which are similar to the sonic neutrality of my usual home based Beyer DT 880 600 Ohms.

I'll go along with the DT 1350 then.

B&H is currently selling the DT1350 for US$270 with free shipping in the US of A.

OK! I'm "in"!
wink_face.gif

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #2,102 of 4,010
Quote:
I want 1350
smile.gif

Any direct comparisons to the M80? I've noticed stuff here and there, but nothing directly comparing the two. My searching skills suck. The M80 is a nice all-a-rounder, but I like a more neutral and detailed, fast headphone with sparkling treble. The M80 is a bit dark and I'm not super big on bumped up mid bass. My Ety ER4s is exactly what I like, but in adition to that would also like a portable that I can quickly take on and off without having to shove an IEM in my ear and spend a couple minutes getting them all snug.

I own both of them but have to admit that the M80 is awaiting another owner already (the 1350 is older btw).
In direct comparison I can second what skyline said above: the M80 is to dark for my taste and the dt1350's bass seems clearer, deeper and simply more true to the recording (I mostly listen to electronic music when using headphones).
All in all I'd say the dt1350 should fit your bill, being more neutral and fast with far better treble extension. You should give it a try -- just got mine out to listen to it once again, still fascinating...

I think I will. Nothing wrong with the M80, but I'm not a big fan of bumped up bass no matter how tight it is. And I prefer extended highs, and a more neutral presentation. 1350 sounds like it fits my preference better.

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #2,103 of 4,010
Got to second this. In my head people comparing the 80s are out of their minds in SOME ways. I could never take those over these for the simple fact I value musical accuracy. These Beyer guys did a wonderful damn near perfect job for something this small.

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #2,105 of 4,010
Quote:

Nice.. You might get offended by the vocals though, if you're not used to that type of music, and 3:15 ~ part is junk, but that 0:00 - 3:14 is greatly rendered by the DT 1350 (assuming you're driving them decently, I just use my E17 with it as DAC/amp out of wasapi / asio foobar and it sounds great!).

No problem at all with vocals...appreciate the heads up, though. I've been using mainly my iPhone output directly, my Fiio E11, or the Meier Jazz to drive the 1350s. I do find some very subtle differences among them, with the Jazz being able to just completely take over and make them sing. Also want to spend more time with my ZO2 amp driving these things...it seems like a nice pairing, as well. 

Haven't heard the E17 but a few audio friends have told me it's one of Fiio's best offerings. 

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #2,106 of 4,010
The Fiio E17 pairs fantastically well with the DT1350. I received mine last week and couldn't be happier. Having access to adjusting bass, mids, and treble right on the E17 is a godsend, and this fantastic portable gets even better when paired. 

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #2,107 of 4,010
Anyone have any idea or instructions on how to replace the earpads on the DT1350? The user manual is very generic and doesn't contain any specific instructions, and I dont want to damage this beauty. I would really appreciate some kind of step by step instructions or illustrations.

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #2,108 of 4,010
Quote:
Anyone have any idea or instructions on how to replace the earpads on the DT1350? The user manual is very generic and doesn't contain any specific instructions, and I dont want to damage this beauty. I would really appreciate some kind of step by step instructions or illustrations.

Just pull them off. It really is that easy. Maybe you need to add some adhesive to the new pads if they don't have anything out of the box.

Aug 4, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #2,110 of 4,010
I've read that these have good or full bass but I'm wondering if anyone here knows how they compare to the bass in the AH-D2000s?

The web seller that has frequency graphs doesn't have one for the DT 1350s. 

Aug 4, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #2,111 of 4,010
Holy crap James you're back. Dude we missed you welcome back. When did you become a mountain man and are the women hotter looking in the higher altitudes?

@Roma
You got McProgger confused with me I'm the one in Canada

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #2,112 of 4,010
Quote:
I've read that these have good or full bass but I'm wondering if anyone here knows how they compare to the bass in the AH-D2000s?

The web seller that has frequency graphs doesn't have one for the DT 1350s. 

Depth wise they are comparable, in the same league. Quantity wise, D2k >>> DT1350, no competition. So it depends do you want extra bass or just the right amount of bass

Aug 5, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #2,114 of 4,010
Quote:
Depth wise they are comparable, in the same league. Quantity wise, D2k >>> DT1350, no competition. So it depends do you want extra bass or just the right amount of bass

Thanks. Would you say the bass in the Beyerdynamics would be bass that is heard more so than felt?

It's times like these when I wish there was an easy way to listen to various headphones and make decisions based on what I hear vs. someone else's experience. 

By the way, your latest post in this thread is considered the Rush post on other message boards I frequent.

Aug 5, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #2,115 of 4,010
Thanks. Would you say the bass in the Beyerdynamics would be bass that is heard more so than felt?

It's times like these when I wish there was an easy way to listen to various headphones and make decisions based on what I hear vs. someone else's experience. 

By the way, your latest post in this thread is considered the Rush post on other message boards I frequent.

What do you mean by a rush post?

Yhe denon and the beyer both jave very low reaching bass, I kid you not. If bass is the aspect that you rank the most important, the denon would be more suitable dare I say.

If a balanced frequency response is what you are after, the beyer is a better choice. On the other side, the denon is very enjoyable in a guilty way, the bass is certainly NOT of high fidelity, it is accentuated in a very tasteful way.

So think of a fruit salad, both has the freshest fruits toy could ever find, both very nicely blended. The denon is like as if the chef knew you liked apples the most and put in an extra serve. It is not as well blended anymore, but for an apple lover, he would love it because the sacrifices are well worth it in his opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back