New Beyer DT1350
Aug 2, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #2,086 of 4,010
Quote:
i just recieved my dt 1350s. i havent broken them in yet. bass is visible but its not overpowering, . but still breaking them in . its extremely comfortable. my grados sr225 are little more comfortable because i modded the head band.  but still the headband is stretching and getting used to my head. but i love them so far. good for any genre music (perfect medium) i got mine for 250 from razordogdeals on ebay and fast shipping and everything. EDIT :::COMES WITH A COOL CASE TOO i forgot to add that.

Nice score! You should pay attention more to the earpads breaking in to you ears. :)

Aug 2, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #2,087 of 4,010
New song from Periphery "Facepalm Mute" showcases DT 1350's speed in a very nice manner. Tight and snappy yeah. You guys should give it a listen. :)

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #2,088 of 4,010
Quote:
New song from Periphery "Facepalm Mute" showcases DT 1350's speed in a very nice manner. Tight and snappy yeah. You guys should give it a listen. :)

My MOG streaming service has like every song except that one...do you know which album it's from? 

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #2,089 of 4,010
Quote:

My MOG streaming service has like every song except that one...do you know which album it's from? 

It's just released this July I think. I think it's called Periphery II: This Time It's Personal.

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #2,090 of 4,010
Quote:
James why are you keeping the DT1350 if you hate them that much? I'm sure you can get decent $$ from someone that would give them some love.
biggrin.gif

I'm sure I could, they are basically new, never taken out of my home/room. (only stored in a bag inside my baggage when traveling lol.

I moved to a mountain in central america for work. do you know ho hard is to convince people that headphones worth the price over the stock buds in any player?... I walk with the sony ex600 around and ppl ask me "you paid 150 bucks for an earphone?!! What you are crazy!"

plus having it in my inventory gives me a strong base to be able to trow **** at it. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #2,091 of 4,010
Roma already express his interest that way you can get the Sennheiser Amperior. If I remember correctly you like your HD25 a lot.

I'm sure I could, they are basically new, never taken out of my home/room. (only stored in a bag inside my baggage when traveling lol.

I moved to a mountain in central america for work. do you know ho hard is to convince people that headphones worth the price over the stock buds in any player?... I walk with the sony ex600 around and ppl ask me "you paid 150 bucks for an earphone?!! What you are crazy!"

plus having it in my inventory gives me a strong base to be able to trow **** at it. :bigsmile_face:

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #2,092 of 4,010
correction: Roma expressed 'her' interest :D

I am interested however... I just splurged on some ES10s and the gf would kill me if I got some 1350s. Maybe in a few months time unless I receive an offer I can't refuse.

Or then again, I do have some recently purchased, mint K181s that I would trade plus cash on my part for anyone with a used 1350.

Aug 3, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #2,093 of 4,010
Quote:
It all depends really on your preference, my approach to this was to make PX-100 not mid-bass bloated as possible and to hear more crisp bass, without (at least lessen) that muddiness, but still present mids that you need on most guitar riffs, and then make the highs just a bit more audible. That's my approach to my J3's hardware EQ at least, I dunno if it would match the frequency range numbers to PowerAmp at all, lol. But it's worth a try. Sorry for OT, just got excited to share my great results with PX-100, it really transformed to a more dynamic, somewhat natural balanced headphones, compared to the unEQd dull sounding that is so lacking in detail.

Thanks a lot autoexec! I tried out your suggested adjustments, and I am really loving them. Greatly appreciated!
beerchug.gif

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #2,094 of 4,010
There's someone here locally that's selling his DT 1350 for like $185 just used for 2 months, I'm really tempted to get another pair. However I needed the money for the HE-400. :D

Quote:

Thanks a lot autoexec! I tried out your suggested adjustments, and I am really loving them. Greatly appreciated!
beerchug.gif

Nice! Thanks too for giving it a try.
wink.gif

Aug 3, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #2,095 of 4,010
Quote:

It's just released this July I think. I think it's called Periphery II: This Time It's Personal.

Ah okay, cool...I'm definitely going to track it down so I can give it a listen...appreciate the recommendation! 

Aug 3, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #2,096 of 4,010
Quote:

Ah okay, cool...I'm definitely going to track it down so I can give it a listen...appreciate the recommendation! 

Nice.. You might get offended by the vocals though, if you're not used to that type of music, and 3:15 ~ part is junk, but that 0:00 - 3:14 is greatly rendered by the DT 1350 (assuming you're driving them decently, I just use my E17 with it as DAC/amp out of wasapi / asio foobar and it sounds great!).

Aug 3, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #2,097 of 4,010
Roma I'm sorry for the mistake.

I am interested however... I just splurged on some ES10s and the gf would kill me if I got some 1350s. Maybe in a few months time unless I receive an offer I can't refuse.
Or then again, I do have some recently purchased, mint K181s that I would trade plus cash on my part for anyone with a used 1350.

Aug 3, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #2,098 of 4,010
Roma I'm sorry for the mistake.

Aug 3, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #2,099 of 4,010
Quote:

I have a clip+ and I think you can find more suitable phones for a better sounding combo than with the DT1350. without being bad or worse. I enjoy my Clip+ with the M80 more than the clip+ with the DT1350. but hel I enjoy more the M80 with anything when compared to the 1350.

but I asume you want isolation, the M80 dont give me much of that. have you considered IEMs?

Hi JamesMcProgger,

I've been using a cheap pair of Sony IEMs for my travelling needs.
Wanted to upgrade to something more "upmarket", hence my interest in the DT 1350.

My usual (home based) pair of cans are my Beyer DT880 600Ohms.

Aug 3, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #2,100 of 4,010
I own both of them but have to admit that the M80 is awaiting another owner already (the 1350 is older btw).
In direct comparison I can second what skyline said above: the M80 is to dark for my taste and the dt1350's bass seems clearer, deeper and simply more true to the recording (I mostly listen to electronic music when using headphones).
All in all I'd say the dt1350 should fit your bill, being more neutral and fast with far better treble extension. You should give it a try -- just got mine out to listen to it once again, still fascinating...

I really rate the M80's also but the DT1350 are the ones that will be kept long term. I have just sold the Vmodas. The DT's have deeper bass and much nicer treble detail. The swiveling fit is more comfortable too on the Beyers.

I ended up recabling my DT' as can be seen in my avatar. Not cheap to do properly but also well worth it for a long term portable can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back