New Beyer DT1350
Aug 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #2,131 of 4,010
Quote:
I have a Meier (FS!!) Arietta which should be the previous model of your Swing, and I do notice quite a bit difference when compared to driving them out from my iPod 3G - the one with buttons yes. In fact I am starting to only lug the DT1350s out if I am to bring my E17 with me, and I do see some differences

But I have applied replay gain on all of my songs so the iPod struggles to deliver enough volume. That might be the reason for my obvious improvements.
Ohh gotta check them out!

The iPod seems to have a less potent amp than the iPhone does. I actually haven't tried my 1350s with my iPod yet, but I know with my Grados that the iPhone did a better job. I always use an amp (Fiio E11 or ZO2) when I use my iPod. 

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #2,132 of 4,010
Quote:
I am surprised people don't notice the difference. On a Denon amp or anything like that these things are pretty different in bass and overall tone from iphone. Like majorly different lol. One can't drive the deep notes worth anything plus the DAC's are vastly superior and easily noticeable in clarity of guitar and timbres from being amped properly. Not sure if it headroom or what but there is a huge difference to me.

I mean really now slight difference wit iphone out jack compared to a real amp? What I guess I don't know that amp you are using. Just because it easy to drive means nothing if DACs are crap. Plus easy to drive? These are still 80 ohm and not THAT easy to drive to full potential. Definitely not like Ety's which are very easily driven.

I notice a very significant difference between my phone and when listening via my Audinst dac/amp.  For instance, I was listening to One Sunday Morning by Wilco the other day via my phone and was shocked because I didn't remember the sound being so muffled.  Sure enough, plugged into my Audinst, listened to a .flac version through foobar, and all was right with the world.

That said, the phone still "works" when needed.  Usually when I'm forced to listen to music via my phone it means that I'm out and about and not doing critical listening.  In those scenarios, the loss in SQ isn't enough to bother me to a point where I'm not enjoying the music...

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #2,133 of 4,010
Hey guys, what is the little adapter thing that came with the 1350s? It has two prongs on one side and a female jack on the side adjacent to it. Is this some sort of splitter? 
confused.gif

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #2,134 of 4,010
Quote:
Hey guys, what is the little adapter thing that came with the 1350s? It has two prongs on one side and a female jack on the side adjacent to it. Is this some sort of splitter? 
confused.gif

Airline adapter

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #2,135 of 4,010
Quote:

Airline adapter

ahhh, okay....thanks man

I hate flying, but I can imagine these killer phones would make the flight much more tolerable....

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #2,136 of 4,010
No problem...thanks for reminding me about it.  I am flying on Thursday.
smile.gif

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #2,137 of 4,010
Quote:
smile.gif

Oh, very cool! You'll be flying in style :)    I been sitting here listening to ATB for the last hour and a half and the time has flown by....could see these being a godsend for a flight. 

Will this adapter work on all planes/airlines? 

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #2,138 of 4,010
Quote:
smile.gif

I happen to fly quite a lot and I have to say that these things suck on the airplane. There is not enough isolation. Of course they kick ass compared to the ones that you get form the flight attendants but that's not saying much.

Of course this all depends on how good the seal is over your ears and how quiet is the ariplane. Nothing has beaten the Bose qc15 in the ariplane. I have owned some Sennheiser noise cancelling headphones in the past but they don't get even close to Bose.

At the moment I don't own any noise cancelling crap but I love my DT1350 excluding the flights.

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #2,139 of 4,010
I can see how that would be true.  They don't really block out the vacuum all that well when I am at home. I will probably give it a shot anyway (and I have my Etys for backup)

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #2,140 of 4,010
Quote:
I happen to fly quite a lot and I have to say that these things suck on the airplane. There is not enough isolation. Of course they kick ass compared to the ones that you get form the flight attendants but that's not saying much.

Of course this all depends on how good the seal is over your ears and how quiet is the ariplane. Nothing has beaten the Bose qc15 in the ariplane. I have owned some Sennheiser noise cancelling headphones in the past but they don't get even close to Bose.

At the moment I don't own any noise cancelling crap but I love my DT1350 excluding the flights.

I've used these phone during numerous flights as well. Before I put on the plane expecting a good isolation, after I did, I hope there could be a bit more isolation...BUT...BUT...when I took it off again. I did tell there is still a considerable difference between not wearing the headphone and wearing it. You just have to crank the volume, a little bit higher than usual (at least on my ipod touch).

Aug 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #2,141 of 4,010
Quick question, has anyone tried putting Dt1350 pads on top of Dt1350 pads? The pads are a little thin for my taste, and I was wondering if doubling up pads would help comfort and a reliable seal. Hopefully the sound doesn't degrade, but I was just wondering has anyone tried it.

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #2,143 of 4,010
Quick question, has anyone tried putting Dt1350 pads on top of Dt1350 pads? The pads are a little thin for my taste, and I was wondering if doubling up pads would help comfort and a reliable seal. Hopefully the sound doesn't degrade, but I was just wondering has anyone tried it.

I'm using a rubber rope cover with nylon of 1/4 inch diameter under the pads and it make them more comfortable and increase the soundstage a bit.

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #2,144 of 4,010

I'm using a rubber rope cover with nylon of 1/4 inch diameter under the pads and it make them more comfortable and increase the soundstage a bit.

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #2,145 of 4,010
I am surprised people don't notice the difference. On a Denon amp or anything like that these things are pretty different in bass and overall tone from iphone. Like majorly different lol. One can't drive the deep notes worth anything plus the DAC's are vastly superior and easily noticeable in clarity of guitar and timbres from being amped properly. Not sure if it headroom or what but there is a huge difference to me.

I mean really now slight difference wit iphone out jack compared to a real amp? What I guess I don't know that amp you are using. Just because it easy to drive means nothing if DACs are crap. Plus easy to drive? These are still 80 ohm and not THAT easy to drive to full potential. Definitely not like Ety's which are very easily driven.

I use my DT1350 at work with a Centrance DACport and the combo is very good but I have been using my iBasso PB1 (not in the balanced way yet) lately and the little amplifier is very powerfull and it provide amazing deep and well control bass. Something the DACport is know to be a bit weak with the low frequencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back