New Beyer DT1350
Mar 1, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #46 of 4,010
Ha ha, if that's the case, I will be keenly interested in them, since I haven't found the perfect portable can yet. I had the T50p and could never get it to stay situated correctly on my ears. I hope that's fixed now. I'd like to be down to just a portable can (like the T1350), and my larger Pro 900s for office/more stationary use. 

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #47 of 4,010

Quote:
Found this very short video of someone who thinks they sound a bit like the DT770, not sure how credible he is. He comments on their isolation properties very favourably.

Not even close.

Quote:
Wow! Why don't they just call this what it is: The t50p: We fixed it!

... potentially.

Basically that's what it comes down to.
It is, what the T50p should have been in the first place.

Nice fit tight fit, good isolation, great balanced sound with a pretty strong bass boost that doesn't interfere with the mids. Slightly on the warm side of the force with plenty of attack and high resolution throughout the frequency range without sharp or piercing heights.
I like it very much - and I couldn't stand the T50p any longer than I had to in order to do my review.

m00h

Mar 12, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #48 of 4,010
First customer listening reports from hifi-forum.de talks about good comfort and isolation.

"I really like them, no bass monster, but exact and dry bass... a tendency to warmth, not as airy as a DT880... but that doesn't bother me."

"I won't let the DT1350 go, it's found its place between the DT880 and Triple-fi 10."

Mar 15, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #50 of 4,010
Indeed.

Mar 23, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #52 of 4,010
Seems that the interest for this headphone is not that big, like the interest for the T50P was. It's a schame, because I believe that this is a improved version of the T50P.

Mar 23, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #53 of 4,010
I think it's probably because of the t50p the response to this has been muted. A lot of people had huge hopes for it, when it came out the reaction was mixed from "it sucks" to "it has its charms, and its faults" - which for a set of headphones from such a reputable manufacturer and at the price was a bit of a let down.

I think a lot of people are waiting and seeing on this one. Personally I have transferred my high hopes directly from the t50p to this - a good portable phone is one thing I really need and if anyone can get it right it's beyer. I'm going to wait for a few more reviews though...

Mar 23, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #54 of 4,010

Quote:
I think it's probably because of the t50p the response to this has been muted. A lot of people had huge hopes for it, when it came out the reaction was mixed from "it sucks" to "it has its charms, and its faults" - which for a set of headphones from such a reputable manufacturer and at the price was a bit of a let down.

I think a lot of people are waiting and seeing on this one. Personally I have transferred my high hopes directly from the t50p to this - a good portable phone is one thing I really need and if anyone can get it right it's beyer. I'm going to wait for a few more reviews though...

The price on this one is around 25% too much of what I would pay for it, but if I had not ordered the TMA-1 last week I would have preordered one of those. They will be in stock in around one week, so first impressions will follow soon. I am looking forward to it :)

Mar 24, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #55 of 4,010

Quote:
For glass wearers, the split headband + supraaural = comfort + isolation, IMO.

Hopefully it sounds better than HD25-1s although I own two pairs of HD25-1s...

I have owned a HD25-1 for years and it was an OK-ish phone for portable use but not "good" overall. The DT1350 on the other hand is easily on the list of the best closed phones there are and probably the best on-ear headphone there is. And I have heard a lot of phones in my time.
Yes, it's that good. Unfortunately I don't have a use for it. But if I needed an on-ear/portable headphone the DT1350 would be my pick any time.

By the way, I used it for drumming a couple of times now. The very good isolation, secure fit and high volume paired with the great sound would make it my first choice...if I wouldn't be saving up for a custom IEM.

m00h

Mar 25, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #56 of 4,010

Quote:
I have owned a HD25-1 for years and it was an OK-ish phone for portable use but not "good" overall. The DT1350 on the other hand is easily on the list of the best closed phones there are and probably the best on-ear headphone there is. And I have heard a lot of phones in my time.
Yes, it's that good. Unfortunately I don't have a use for it. But if I needed an on-ear/portable headphone the DT1350 would be my pick any time.

By the way, I used it for drumming a couple of times now. The very good isolation, secure fit and high volume paired with the great sound would make it my first choice...if I wouldn't be saving up for a custom IEM.

m00h

Did I understand you right... You already heard the DT1350s?

Mar 25, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #58 of 4,010

Quote:
You are 20 days late. :D

My initial first impression is post 45
I got a review-sample directly from beyerdynamic.

m00h

Oh, I had just to scroll up... Thank you for your impressions. If I did not gave all my money out for this and the next month, I would preorder them in this moment. They have a nice design, like somebody in 1960s imagined how headphones would look like in 2000.

Mar 25, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #59 of 4,010

Quote:

Not if it's based off the 50p voicing. That thing's response curve looks like a mountain range.

Quote:

This 1350 seems nice but something about the construction and portability make it not seem like what a true studio monitor should be.

I thought the same thing. It seemed an odd choice to base the design off the 50p. I'm sure it's to compete with the HD25, like was said earlier. On the other hand, if you look, the Beyer catalog is already littered with closed circumaural studio headphones (DT250, DT150, DT48, DT770 Pro, etc.), so what would be the sense of adding another one, even if it was based on the Tesla driver?

None of the headphones mentioned are a suitable competitor with the Senn HD 25 if you're looking for a supra-aural DJ/live monitor can with a fair amount of isolation. The HD 25 has become very popular for that application (I've been using one since 2004) and I am hoping that this can give it a run for it's money.

Mar 25, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #60 of 4,010

Quote:

Not even close.

Basically that's what it comes down to.
It is, what the T50p should have been in the first place.

Nice fit tight fit, good isolation, great balanced sound with a pretty strong bass boost that doesn't interfere with the mids. Slightly on the warm side of the force with plenty of attack and high resolution throughout the frequency range without sharp or piercing heights.
I like it very much - and I couldn't stand the T50p any longer than I had to in order to do my review.

m00h

m00h, good isolation means better isolation then t50p?  um i like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back