New Beyer DT1350
Jul 15, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #3,391 of 4,010
Great news guys, from RazorDogAudio:

I have 10 sets coming in next week of DT 1350 Facelift with CC.

beerchug.gif

EDIT: Wow! Checkout what his most recent reply:

[size=10pt]You will LOVE the facelift version. Only 10 sets were allocated to US dealers and I got all 10![/size]

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #3,392 of 4,010
More info from RazorDog, this time regarding the EDT 1350 SL and EDT 1350 N replacement pads. I mentioned that I could only find them on Beyer's German site and that Adorama does list the velours but they're out of stock. I was asking if he could get his hands on some.

Not for a while. No one has them in US until fall. Adorama is just trying to drive traffic.

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #3,393 of 4,010
+1

I tried to order the NL pads too from sonic electronix but still out of stock until now

Hopefully stocks arrive soon

by the way, can you ask razor if the replacement headband is available and if it fits the old dt1350 :)

Jul 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #3,394 of 4,010
I would be tempted to grab a new coiled pair.  But I decided to have my existing pair modded by Brian @ BTG Audio, for balanced listening.  I'll be sending it out to him in a couple of weeks....

Jul 15, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #3,395 of 4,010
Quote:
I would be tempted to grab a new coiled pair.  But I decided to have my existing pair modded by Brian @ BTG Audio, for balanced listening.  I'll be sending it out to him in a couple of weeks....

Nice! You'll have to let us know what you think of the balanced 1350.

Jul 17, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #3,396 of 4,010
So I just received an open box of 1350s and they sound excellent. I'm a little apprehensive about putting too much pressure anywhere, though...for some reason, I don't feel like this is the kind of headphone I can throw around.

I did have a question for owners, though - the opening mechanism on the split headband seems a little loose for the first inch of separation on my pair. When I separate the halves further, it tightens up, though. Is this normal? Can you tighten it manually?

Jul 17, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #3,397 of 4,010
I did have a question for owners, though - the opening mechanism on the split headband seems a little loose for the first inch of separation on my pair. When I separate the halves further, it tightens up, though. Is this normal? Can you tighten it manually?

Mine is loose, too. I think the design idea is that you are supposed to wear bands more open than that :)

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #3,398 of 4,010
I always line them up, and then fully open the band to tighten them right up.

Jul 18, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #3,399 of 4,010
RazorDog has the 1350 Facelift CC listed on his website available to order. He says they should be in on Monday.

http://www.razordogaudio.com/products/beyerdynamic-dt-1350-cc-facelift-closed-on-ear-headphone

Jul 19, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #3,404 of 4,010
^ Sure does. Brings them down to $249 shipped. Or you can contact him as has been mentioned, or wait for him to list them on his eBay account where you should be able to make an offer that's lower than $249. Don't forget to mention you're a head-fi'er, you can leave a message with the best offer. When I submitted a best offer for my original version 1350s I also mentioned that I'm a repeat customer of his. That might be worth mentioning, if you've bought from him before. It couldn't hurt. :wink:

Jul 19, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #3,405 of 4,010
I've been interested in adding another high quality portable, and the Sennheiser Amperiors always intrigued me. I saw they dropped in price on Amazon, so I picked up a pair. They are slightly more comfortable than the 1350s (although the new 1350s will likely balance this out) and the sound stage is a bit larger. I do feel they're worth about two bills, which is what I paid, but they didn't knock my 1350s off the throne. I was surprised most by the build quality. They look and feel far less sturdy than the Beyers, and it's very annoying when I try to adjust the ear cups while on my head. They slide up and down the slotted plastic on each side that I thought I pulled one ear cup completely off. Thankfully the sound is quite good, even if not quite up to par with the 1350s, IMO. If I would have paid full retail, I probably would send them back, but at this price they are a solid value. I believe the line has been discontinued, so if anyone is interested in them you may want to get them quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back