New Beyer DT1350
Jun 22, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #3,361 of 4,010
Quote:
I guess the rivet is the reason why a colleague called my DT1350 'looking a bit flimsy'. I have it for less than a month and so far so good. Hopefully I can make it for long.

Unless your 1350 is defective, it will last at least a good few years. I've bought them used(abouth 3 months of usage), and had them for 3 month, and the conditions are still very good.

Jun 25, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #3,364 of 4,010
I'm more interested about the original but "new version" of the DT1350, any ideas when it might be available? :)

Jun 29, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #3,366 of 4,010
Quote:
Wow, that's costly. I worried about the rivet too, but it seems very durable. I bought mine used and had it for about 4 month now, and the rivet's still on there!

I just got a link to order the slide and hinge rivet part repair kit(you have to buy the kit). It costs 42 euros (50 dollars) to repair it. I'm still doubting, because I can easily drill a hole through and bolt it together. On the other hand, repairing it in the original way will be probably more safe for the future.

Jun 30, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #3,368 of 4,010
Again, the clamping force of the HD25 or most other headphones should not be an issue.  All you have to do to lessen the clamping force is to gently bend out the headband until they're comfortable.  Takes a few seconds.
I was about to do that, but few things stopped me from doing so. One, what if I break them while bending? Two: less seal is less bass response. Three: may not fit in the case.

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #3,370 of 4,010
Quote:
I was about to do that, but few things stopped me from doing so. One, what if I break them while bending? Two: less seal is less bass response. Three: may not fit in the case.

I also don't like the idea of the metal deformation. Even knowing that you can get back to the original curve if you don't like the results. There will always be a chance that you won't get it back as perfect as brand new. So yeah, it just needs some time for you to get used to the clamping force. I prefer the "getting used to" than bending anything. lol.

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #3,371 of 4,010
Quote:
I also don't like the idea of the metal deformation. Even knowing that you can get back to the original curve if you don't like the results. There will always be a chance that you won't get it back as perfect as brand new. So yeah, it just needs some time for you to get used to the clamping force. I prefer the "getting used to" than bending anything. lol.

I just stretch out my hps on a tissue box for few days if clamping is a major issue. That way, it's like naturally stretching my hp. It's like boiling a new baseball glove to make it softer.

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #3,372 of 4,010
Frankly, it's really not a problem to gently, every inch or two, apply some outward pressure on the headband to relieve some of the tension.  We're not talking about bending the metal to any appreciable degree, no "metal deformation" etc., and it's not very different from applying the headphones to something large to have the headbands adjust over a longer period of time.

But to each his own.  Do what you are most comfortable with.

Jul 3, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #3,373 of 4,010
Quote:
I think the longer u wear them, the clamp force will gradually become less, it will give you a better clamping force than bending it. It takes time tho. 

100% correct for me. My DT1350s were pretty uncomfortable at first, couldn't wear for more than an hour or two at a time without pain. After a few months though they got better and now I barely notice them and could wear them all day just about without issues.
Combo of the frame getting used to head shape, and pads softening, IMO. 

I've always had them on the same band adjustment (3 notches left above on either side), just close them down a bit on one side for putting in the case and transporting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back