New Beyer DT1350
Jul 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #3,378 of 4,010
Alleviate what problem?

I need to pull the trigger on these 1350's within 2 weeks so I can use them on a trip I'm going on but I don't want to end up regretting getting the "pre-facelift" version. What problems exist in the current version that you guys think may potentially be fixed in the facelift? Unless the issues will effect me I'm happy with the old look, I actually think it looks a bit cooler that way with more silver.

Thanks

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #3,380 of 4,010
Quote:
The tight headband.
This can be uncomfortable after 30 minutes or so of wear.

I guess I don't get this issue.  I'm an 8 1/4 hat size and have zero issues with any headband of mine, including the DT1350.  Maybe its just my thick skull.....
smile.gif

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #3,381 of 4,010
Quote:
Alleviate what problem?

I need to pull the trigger on these 1350's within 2 weeks so I can use them on a trip I'm going on but I don't want to end up regretting getting the "pre-facelift" version. What problems exist in the current version that you guys think may potentially be fixed in the facelift? Unless the issues will effect me I'm happy with the old look, I actually think it looks a bit cooler that way with more silver.

Thanks

The only possible critique I could have had about these was that after about 1.5hr I need to take a break from them b/c of the clamping. But aside from that, these are damn near perfect headphones for this money and I love my pair. I can't imagine you'd regret buying them. 

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #3,382 of 4,010
I always thought it is quite a good design because I need to take the headphone off after certain period of time (due to the clamp force). It is designed to prolong your hearing.....yes, it is....Beyerdynamic cares for you...

Jul 9, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #3,383 of 4,010
I think comfort was the only thing coming up quite regularly... while they are not my most comfortable pair I don't have any serious problems wearing them. The pads get a bit softer due to usage and on the right spot they fit quite well.

Beyer changed the often criticized headband and now uses the larger pads that were originally available as a replacement part as standard. More interesting than that is the version with a coiled cable which I prefer when using them for DJing or monitoring.

Nevertheless I still don't have any substantial problems with my now about 2 years old DT1350. I take them out a lot, storing them mostly without their case in my bag, wearing them around the neck etc. I glued parts of the headband cushioning back on twice, thats about it.

Jul 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #3,384 of 4,010
Thanks for the input guys.

FYI, I emailed RazorDog about when they might have the facelift 1350 available and his answer was:

"[size=10pt]Supposed to be 2-3 weeks."[/size]

Does anyone know of any other retailers that will have these for sale soon?

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #3,389 of 4,010
Quote:
The tight headband.
This can be uncomfortable after 30 minutes or so of wear.

It gets uncomfortable after 30 minutes for some people.  I can wear them for hours before they become uncomfortable; I then take them off for about 5 or 10 minutes and I can use them again.   This is the price we have to pay for very good isolation....or else you could go for something like the K550, but forget about portability.

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #3,390 of 4,010
It takes getting used to it although I can last on it for about 2 hours max and then take some 1-5 minute break as well. Although when switching headphones the tight clamp feeling would again go back. Oftentimes I switch between DT1350 and ESW9 for portable use and considering the latter is so light, I get the feeling I've just worn the Dt1350 for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back