My initial impression of AD2000
Mar 8, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #76 of 100
Burn in changes are less on the ad2ks than other cans I've had. Well, similar maybe to lower end cans like senn px100s. They just sound a little more liquid after several hundred hours. Not a major difference like the senn 555s i used to have which were garbage out of the box. super bright and bassless that turned to dark, smooth, and bassy

Mar 9, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #77 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the clamp of AD2000 is just unbearable.

Guess I finally resolved that death grip of AD2000 by leaving it overnight stretched over two pillows, pillows are better than books or boxes as they do not flatten pads. Now their clamp is more HD650 like, much easier to bear with
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #78 of 100
By the way, Does anyone know how to take off the pads for cleaning? Can they be washed? Mines starting to smell like sweat hehehe

Mar 9, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #79 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the way, Does anyone know how to take off the pads for cleaning? Can they be washed? Mines starting to smell like sweat hehehe

Yes, I do.

Mar 12, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #80 of 100
Hi,

Just picked up a set of these -- wow. I've been listening to them for a while now through my MAD HD200 and even with an iMod they are remarkable phones -- very well-balanced and with terrific speed and, I think, soundstaging. Looking forward to hearing them fully broken in and may try one of the earpadding mods but even out of the box these may be my most satisfying headphone purchase to date. VERY musical phones, and retain their tonality over a wide volume range.

best,

o

Mar 12, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #82 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
welcome to AD2000 club
biggrin.gif

Glad you're liking your pair - I haven't touched my K701s since I got these - except for classical music

Welcome to the club.
Just for the record, these are bad phones .... for finding faults. That's boring.
rolleyes.gif
Hard to pick on anything.
The comfort issue is solved to the good after a couple of days of stretching over pillows. And they really have started carving out some serious details after prolonged pink noise treatment. Wondering why they do not get proper and well deserved attention on head-fi. They sound so balanced that will satisfy majority of people here, may be this is the problem, everyone wants some quirks.

Mar 12, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #83 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to the club.
Just for the record, these are bad phones .... for finding faults. That's boring.
rolleyes.gif
Hard to pick on anything.
The comfort issue is solved to the good after a couple of days of stretching over pillows. And they really have started carving out some serious details after prolonged pink noise treatment. Wondering why they do not get proper and well deserved attention on head-fi. They sound so balanced that will satisfy majority of people here, may be this is the problem, everyone wants some quirks.

that's what I've been saying! good detail and best all-rounder I've ever heard (I haven't heard much, though).

We don't even have official AD2000 thread yet. Should someone make one?
I guess only fault it has is that it's an all-rounder (is that a fault?)

I'm guessing you're liking your purchase?
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #84 of 100
Andrew_Wot,
It seems that you have had experience with other cans I have been eyeing recently. How would you rank the ad2000, w5000, denon d5000, d2000, and any of the ultrasone pro 750 or 2500s. If I liked the ad2ks but wanted a little more top end maybe around 12khz and above, would any of the cans above possibly dethrone the ad2ks for me?

Mar 12, 2008 at 8:43 AM Post #85 of 100
Rednamalas1,
Just in case you didn't see my thread on the ad2ks, here it is
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/got...d2000s-271884/

I know its not the official appreciation thread that you wanted but its something to add to the compilation of AD2k threads. Maybe you can make your thread the official appreciation thread
smily_headphones1.gif
Or maybe we should ask ASR to make one
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #87 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by orkney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

Just picked up a set of these -- wow. I've been listening to them for a while now through my MAD HD200 and even with an iMod they are remarkable phones -- very well-balanced and with terrific speed and, I think, soundstaging. Looking forward to hearing them fully broken in and may try one of the earpadding mods but even out of the box these may be my most satisfying headphone purchase to date. VERY musical phones, and retain their tonality over a wide volume range.

best,

o

Congratulations on your new purchase. Once they have had a chance to break in, and you have become acquainted with the AD2000's, I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts on how they compare with the Edition 9.

Mar 12, 2008 at 10:51 AM Post #90 of 100
Hi guys- newbie here from down under-current rig-Stax SR54 and PCX100-Have just acquired a G&W AT-F100 headphone amp- Just wonder would AD2000 be an over kill?
Any comment regard suitable head phones?
Also any comment about the price of the AD 2000 in Australia is $ 1200!!!-and seem you guys getting for much less?
Where would be a good place to get it?Direct from the land of Rising sun?
Many thanks. Sorry for many questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back